“A good budget hotel close to Disney” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Champions World Resort

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“A good budget hotel close to Disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times since 2009 and have to say that it has always been brilliant. The staff at the hotel could not do enough for you and the staff at breakfast were very good. I enjoyed being able to make my own waffles with the cool waffle pan. The lady at the attractions desk can be a bit annoying but that is not anything to do with the hotel. What we liked was that we felt safe sitting by the pool each evening. There was always a high security presence with the security guys walking about the complex after dark.

The rooms are clean and tidy and I never had a problem with cleanliness at all. I am quite surprised by some of the reviews on here. it is a 2 start hotel and is very reasonable you get a lot for your money really. It is within 20 mins or so of Disney but there is a free shuttle bus twice a day which helps with not having to pay for parking. The bus does pick up from other hotels but I enjoyed being driven around and it does not take much longer than what you would if you went by car.

The covered pool is nice and warm even in January and I enjoyed taking a dip with my children even on rainy days. I had to rest between trips to the parks so I often spent a day beside the pool, which was pleasant. The complex has ice machines dotted around and a launderette. It has a bar and shop too. Across the road there are a lot of little shops with Dominos and Chinese Buffet place. There is also a McDonalds not far up the road and some little souvenir shops. One time I visited I did so with my children alone and I never felt threatened at all, it was very nice.

You could not find better for value for money and service to Disney. My advice is if your looking for a good clean budget hotel where the staff are friendly then stop at Champions World. On the other hand if your looking for five star hotels with bell boys and a fancy menu I suggest you go find one and pay the five star prices. I don't see the point to be honest as a trip to Orlando almost always means Disney and if your here to see Mickey Mouse then all your doing is sleeping at the hotel. I am a light sleeper and I managed to get a good night's sleep every night.

I can't fault the place - we return every time to Champions World as we know what we are going to get and we find the staff are very friendly and reliable.

Room Tip: The pool rooms are the ones most people want but they are mostly in the shade. I enjoy the rooms on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank SexyRussy
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive words!

We are glad to here that we where able to give you a safe, clean, comfortable place to stay at a very affordable price! As previously mentioned we are in very close proximity to the Disney attractions and as mentioned provide scheduled transportation to the attractions.

We can't thank you enough for your repeat business and are proud to hear that we continually meet your vacation needs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a little concerned. On arrival adjoining rooms was sorted with ease. The outside of the rooms is very tired, room numbers at some point has been changed and new number are bits of card! Inside though the housekeeping was brilliant, rooms very clean , bathroom had no mildew fresh towels every day. TV very old and fridge a little noisy but room fine. The staff are brilliant but short staffed, one receptionist and one bar staff at time they were streatched! Bar good value and food fine. Breakfast good but get there before 8.30 as its cheaper but no-one tells you this. The hotel information is poor regarding the lovely outdoor area , the breakfast offer etc , please put some information in rooms.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Laurafarrimondyoung
ChampionsWorldSales, Guest Relations Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your posting.

We will indeed post the information mentioned in our rooms. It is an excellent idea and there should be no reason for the information be withheld. We will definitely pass it on!!

Thank you!!
west midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well this was our 3rd visit to Orlando and i have never yet found a half decent hotel.This was clean and i should also say that the staff that they had were very nice helpful BUT there was not enough one man running the food,bar cooking etc food was not good ! but you couldn't blame them at all.10 nights into our holiday we had new neighbours OMG they were so noisy until 04.20hrs we complained to reception who did say they would move us surely this is not the point we had been there nearly 2 weeks them 1 night and we had to move!!!!! Not once did any management approach us even after being told there had been 35 complaints regarding the noise .Considering this is a disney friendly hotel i don't feel that's very family friendly.Staff on ground on lovely but fighting a loosing battle really not the best.Also daily transport on time each day but so busy standing room only and really packed very unsafe amount of people on one bus they really need more buses or less hotel pick ups.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nursey67WestMidlands
Thank you very much for your response and to let us know how we are doing.

First I would like to offer my sincerest apology for our lack of action with respect to your noise complaint. It is totally unacceptable that after a lengthy stay in which you are comfortably accommodated that we ask you to move. This is a very serious matter that I will discuss with both our Front Desk Manager and our staff.

I will also look into the concern of the bus transportation issue. It is the first I have heard of such an incident and will definitely raise the concern to our General Manager.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a comfortable room. It had two full sized beds and an couch that makes into a bed. We LOVED that the floor was ceramic tile, clean and fresh!!! It had a microwave oven, mini fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. Bathroom had two sinks and full bath tub that was all in great shape and well maintained. Air conditioner is a split unit, SO NICE AND QUIET!!! The only complaint we had was when it rained, loss of tv satillite signal occurred frequently. Wifi is available in room too. We enjoyed the heated and roof covered pool!! There is a nice nature trail around a small pond that had many duck families enjoying the area! This was quite a nice and pleasant and QUIET hotel!!! We definitely will return and enjoy this gem!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MailgirlFlorida
Thank you for your posting!

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and peaceful experience with us.

Our nature park is indeed becoming a popular place to relax for families and couples alike!

Unfortunately one of the down sides of satellite tv coverage is indeed the effects of inclement weather. Our decision to go this route was originally the greater number of viewing options made available to our international guests visiting from different parts of the world.

We had quite a few festive nights a few weeks back in which our Brazilian visitors where able to watch all the games televised live from the 2014 Confederation Cup!

Thank you again! We hope to see you soon!
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in January for 2 weeks, after a long flight from the UK we were quickly checked in and headed to our room, which was overlooking the main pool, first impressions was slightly disappointing as our safe didn't work and the lamp wasnt working but after a call to reception we had a handyman come over who was friendly and fixed them. The room was spacious and had good facilities (fridge) and the bathroom was a good size too with a powerful shower.A hire car is a must as the 192 isn't built up like I drive is, what makes this hotel good for me was the cleanliness and value for money. The room was spotless. We didn't like the barmaid (carly) or something she tried to short change me 10$. But one person shouldn't put us off staying again if the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank dave7819
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start... Once or twice a year, I usually take a mini vacation, locally. Due to the amenities listed and the reviews, I thought I was getting a good deal and reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights. Well, for starters the place is a DUMP; the surrounding area is smelly with trash on the floor and the landscaping is a total eyesore. The web pictures must be photoshop. Staff is NOT friendly or welcoming (except for Maria R. who made my reservation over the phone-very nice lady). Just by the surroundings, I was hesitant about the room. Unfortunately, I was right, the room was scary and filthy. My kids who are 3, 8 and 11, did not even want to go in the room. First thing I saw was a door that was so banged up, I though it was part of a thug movie. Once you opened the door, immediately was a 20 year old microwave sitting in top of a small fridge, no compact armoir or table. Immediately to the right, a huge AC cable and plug; totally exposed to children, so dangerous. Needless to say, the noise of the AC made was unbearable. I already knew this was not going to work out for my family but still wanted to give it a try. I went to the covered pool, which was right next to the kiddie pool with the cloudy water, looked like a bad maintained well. The covered pool was warm but full of tiny rocks and trash in certain areas. I visited the playground which is the only thing worth it in this place; the kids enjoyed it and the big tree gives a great shade to the seating area. Back to the room, we went to take a shower and guess what, no hot water! REALLY!!! I called the front desk from my cell phone because of course the hotel phone did not work and the lady told me to turn the faucet to cold to get hot water and to hot to get cold water, COME ON PEOPLE !!!! To make matters worse, there were 4 hairs in the tube, BIG eeewww!! Well, that was it for me. I called the front desk and let them know I was checking out the next morning. My sister who had the second room had the same problems. The only difference was that her room had the filthiest carpet I have ever seen in my life and mine had tiles. She checked out as well. Staff was extremely rude at check out, of course the staff member to whom I had called to complain the night before did not make the notes on the computer, so they did not understand why we were checking out. The lobby was full of people who were trying to check in, I felt so bad for them; felt even worse because I could not tell them "Get out of here before it's too late!" A piece of advise, if you like clean places and "resorts/hotels" with a decent appearance, DO NOT stay at the smelly Champions World of Filth Resort!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank A C

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ok, so this review reflects only on our most recent experience. My husband and I have stayed here probably 6 times in the last year. The hotel was always what we expected for the money. We have always received friendly service, clean rooms, and they have an attached- decently priced bar. This visit however (which was for my husbands Birthday) was much different. From the moment we arrived one disappointment after another. We had requested a room by the pool (as we always do), which we got one of the furthest rooms possible, which would have been no biggy if it had not been pouring all day. So, we kinda were "trapped" in our room for quite a while. The rain let up slightly so we made a run for the bar for happy hour. Getting there pretty soaked we arrived to a bar that seemed open but no one was to be seen, I walked in the lobby to find someone to ask. The girl at the desk was busy receiving a complaint from another couple regarding their room. About 5 min pass and finally the bartender came, looking quite irritated at us. He had no knowledge of ANY of the prices. What kind of bartender doesn't know how much their Bud draft is?! We ordered and took it togo in a plastic cup( did not want to stay after the look and great customer service he gave us. We sat under their covered pool. About and hour later I came back to order another, this time he was sat down at a table eating! I ordered togo and again left...walking out I read the sign posted regarding happy hour "2 for 1"...?!?! I never received 2 for 1!

Around 8pm I called for an extra pillow.........around 11pm I called again! I explained I had called at 8 and was still waiting, no apologies only a rude remark that they had to find security to bring it. Around midnight there was a loud bang yelling "security!", I opened the door he said "here" and that was it.

This was last month, again, was one of the 6 time we stayed -so maybe it was a fluke, right? I called this morning to make another reservation and give them another chance. I explained what happened last month, voiced my concerns, and requested a poolside room. This woman basically said she didn't care and there was no way I could reserve a room by the pool?! Nice. I guess they now have a change in management? Needles to say I did not book.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple