“Interesting!!”

Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
west midlands
“Interesting!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well this was our 3rd visit to Orlando and i have never yet found a half decent hotel.This was clean and i should also say that the staff that they had were very nice helpful BUT there was not enough one man running the food,bar cooking etc food was not good ! but you couldn't blame them at all.10 nights into our holiday we had new neighbours OMG they were so noisy until 04.20hrs we complained to reception who did say they would move us surely this is not the point we had been there nearly 2 weeks them 1 night and we had to move!!!!! Not once did any management approach us even after being told there had been 35 complaints regarding the noise .Considering this is a disney friendly hotel i don't feel that's very family friendly.Staff on ground on lovely but fighting a loosing battle really not the best.Also daily transport on time each day but so busy standing room only and really packed very unsafe amount of people on one bus they really need more buses or less hotel pick ups.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nursey67WestMidlands
ChampionsWorldSales, Guest Relations Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your response and to let us know how we are doing.

First I would like to offer my sincerest apology for our lack of action with respect to your noise complaint. It is totally unacceptable that after a lengthy stay in which you are comfortably accommodated that we ask you to move. This is a very serious matter that I will discuss with both our Front Desk Manager and our staff.

I will also look into the concern of the bus transportation issue. It is the first I have heard of such an incident and will definitely raise the concern to our General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a comfortable room. It had two full sized beds and an couch that makes into a bed. We LOVED that the floor was ceramic tile, clean and fresh!!! It had a microwave oven, mini fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. Bathroom had two sinks and full bath tub that was all in great shape and well maintained. Air conditioner is a split unit, SO NICE AND QUIET!!! The only complaint we had was when it rained, loss of tv satillite signal occurred frequently. Wifi is available in room too. We enjoyed the heated and roof covered pool!! There is a nice nature trail around a small pond that had many duck families enjoying the area! This was quite a nice and pleasant and QUIET hotel!!! We definitely will return and enjoy this gem!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MailgirlFlorida
Thank you for your posting!

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and peaceful experience with us.

Our nature park is indeed becoming a popular place to relax for families and couples alike!

Unfortunately one of the down sides of satellite tv coverage is indeed the effects of inclement weather. Our decision to go this route was originally the greater number of viewing options made available to our international guests visiting from different parts of the world.

We had quite a few festive nights a few weeks back in which our Brazilian visitors where able to watch all the games televised live from the 2014 Confederation Cup!

Thank you again! We hope to see you soon!
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in January for 2 weeks, after a long flight from the UK we were quickly checked in and headed to our room, which was overlooking the main pool, first impressions was slightly disappointing as our safe didn't work and the lamp wasnt working but after a call to reception we had a handyman come over who was friendly and fixed them. The room was spacious and had good facilities (fridge) and the bathroom was a good size too with a powerful shower.A hire car is a must as the 192 isn't built up like I drive is, what makes this hotel good for me was the cleanliness and value for money. The room was spotless. We didn't like the barmaid (carly) or something she tried to short change me 10$. But one person shouldn't put us off staying again if the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank dave7819
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start... Once or twice a year, I usually take a mini vacation, locally. Due to the amenities listed and the reviews, I thought I was getting a good deal and reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights. Well, for starters the place is a DUMP; the surrounding area is smelly with trash on the floor and the landscaping is a total eyesore. The web pictures must be photoshop. Staff is NOT friendly or welcoming (except for Maria R. who made my reservation over the phone-very nice lady). Just by the surroundings, I was hesitant about the room. Unfortunately, I was right, the room was scary and filthy. My kids who are 3, 8 and 11, did not even want to go in the room. First thing I saw was a door that was so banged up, I though it was part of a thug movie. Once you opened the door, immediately was a 20 year old microwave sitting in top of a small fridge, no compact armoir or table. Immediately to the right, a huge AC cable and plug; totally exposed to children, so dangerous. Needless to say, the noise of the AC made was unbearable. I already knew this was not going to work out for my family but still wanted to give it a try. I went to the covered pool, which was right next to the kiddie pool with the cloudy water, looked like a bad maintained well. The covered pool was warm but full of tiny rocks and trash in certain areas. I visited the playground which is the only thing worth it in this place; the kids enjoyed it and the big tree gives a great shade to the seating area. Back to the room, we went to take a shower and guess what, no hot water! REALLY!!! I called the front desk from my cell phone because of course the hotel phone did not work and the lady told me to turn the faucet to cold to get hot water and to hot to get cold water, COME ON PEOPLE !!!! To make matters worse, there were 4 hairs in the tube, BIG eeewww!! Well, that was it for me. I called the front desk and let them know I was checking out the next morning. My sister who had the second room had the same problems. The only difference was that her room had the filthiest carpet I have ever seen in my life and mine had tiles. She checked out as well. Staff was extremely rude at check out, of course the staff member to whom I had called to complain the night before did not make the notes on the computer, so they did not understand why we were checking out. The lobby was full of people who were trying to check in, I felt so bad for them; felt even worse because I could not tell them "Get out of here before it's too late!" A piece of advise, if you like clean places and "resorts/hotels" with a decent appearance, DO NOT stay at the smelly Champions World of Filth Resort!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank A C

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ok, so this review reflects only on our most recent experience. My husband and I have stayed here probably 6 times in the last year. The hotel was always what we expected for the money. We have always received friendly service, clean rooms, and they have an attached- decently priced bar. This visit however (which was for my husbands Birthday) was much different. From the moment we arrived one disappointment after another. We had requested a room by the pool (as we always do), which we got one of the furthest rooms possible, which would have been no biggy if it had not been pouring all day. So, we kinda were "trapped" in our room for quite a while. The rain let up slightly so we made a run for the bar for happy hour. Getting there pretty soaked we arrived to a bar that seemed open but no one was to be seen, I walked in the lobby to find someone to ask. The girl at the desk was busy receiving a complaint from another couple regarding their room. About 5 min pass and finally the bartender came, looking quite irritated at us. He had no knowledge of ANY of the prices. What kind of bartender doesn't know how much their Bud draft is?! We ordered and took it togo in a plastic cup( did not want to stay after the look and great customer service he gave us. We sat under their covered pool. About and hour later I came back to order another, this time he was sat down at a table eating! I ordered togo and again left...walking out I read the sign posted regarding happy hour "2 for 1"...?!?! I never received 2 for 1!

Around 8pm I called for an extra pillow.........around 11pm I called again! I explained I had called at 8 and was still waiting, no apologies only a rude remark that they had to find security to bring it. Around midnight there was a loud bang yelling "security!", I opened the door he said "here" and that was it.

This was last month, again, was one of the 6 time we stayed -so maybe it was a fluke, right? I called this morning to make another reservation and give them another chance. I explained what happened last month, voiced my concerns, and requested a poolside room. This woman basically said she didn't care and there was no way I could reserve a room by the pool?! Nice. I guess they now have a change in management? Needles to say I did not book.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessx42281
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visit the Orlando area frequently and usually stay at one of the Choice Hotel Chains, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc and occasionally an overrated Disney Property....However of all the places I have stay in the Disney Area this has to be one of the worst!!!! The restaurant boasted or their breakfast buffet for $8.00 a person, however, the food choices were limited it was over heated and old...left and went to Shoney's. Secondly they boasted about proximity to Disney it is about a 20 minutes drive....Staff was rude and rooms were old and run down....and the pictures on their web site have surely been photo shopped...Our pool side room was a view of the dumpsters that were picked up every morning at 6am. Just saying, would never ever stay there again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WeScott6
Thank you for your response and I do sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations that you are accustomed to at the other properties you frequent.

I will indeed personally over see the breakfast buffet over the following days to assure that the conditions that you described are not a common occurrence and just an isolated incident. In addition I will also forward your review to our Food and Beverage Manager to further ascertain that this does not happen again. Reviews such as yours are a helpful tool for us to assure that we are indeed meeting the expectations of our guests.

With respect to our distance to the Disney parks we are indeed located 3 miles from Disney's Maingate, this can be easily verified on many popular map websites available online. Our pictures as posted by us and independent guests are not digitally enhanced and I believe are a fair depiction if our property.

Again, we apologize for your inconveniences but would very much like to thank you for your business and stay with us.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

2nd stay here (ear;y June '13). Nice tile floored room overlooking the covered pool. Check in-out were easy, room very nice for $50. Walls a bit thin and adjacent room noise noticable. Plenty of eating choices nearby, onsite buffet hot breakfast just ok. Very acceptable place to crash after long theme park days.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the main pool.