Champions World Resort
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$68
$196
$179
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
$239
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$65
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$110
$93
QualityInn
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$63
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$50
$45
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$94
$402
$355
Travelocity
2,263 results
All reviewscovered poolnature parksoccer fieldfire pitfridge and microwavehot tubgift shopcoffee makerdisney parksbeds were comfortablepizza hutpoolsdaltonorlandomovieplaygroundtarget
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I don't even know where to start... Once or twice a year, I usually take a mini vacation, locally. Due to the amenities listed and the reviews, I thought I was getting a good deal and reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights. Well, for starters the place is a DUMP; the surrounding area is smelly with trash on the floor and the landscaping is a total eyesore. The web pictures must be photoshop. Staff is NOT friendly or welcoming (except for Maria R. who made my reservation over the phone-very nice lady). Just by the surroundings, I was hesitant about the room. Unfortunately, I was right, the room was scary and filthy. My kids who are 3, 8 and 11, did not even want to go in the room. First thing I saw was a door that was so banged up, I though it was part of a thug movie. Once you opened the door, immediately was a 20 year old microwave sitting in top of a small fridge, no compact armoir or table. Immediately to the right, a huge AC cable and plug; totally exposed to children, so dangerous. Needless to say, the noise of the AC made was unbearable. I already knew this was not going to work out for my family but still wanted to give it a try. I went to the covered pool, which was right next to the kiddie pool with the cloudy water, looked like a bad maintained well. The covered pool was warm but full of tiny rocks and trash in certain areas. I visited the playground which is the only thing worth it in this place; the kids enjoyed it and the big tree gives a great shade to the seating area. Back to the room, we went to take a shower and guess what, no hot water! REALLY!!! I called the front desk from my cell phone because of course the hotel phone did not work and the lady told me to turn the faucet to cold to get hot water and to hot to get cold water, COME ON PEOPLE !!!! To make matters worse, there were 4 hairs in the tube, BIG eeewww!! Well, that was it for me. I called the front desk and let them know I was checking out the next morning. My sister who had the second room had the same problems. The only difference was that her room had the filthiest carpet I have ever seen in my life and mine had tiles. She checked out as well. Staff was extremely rude at check out, of course the staff member to whom I had called to complain the night before did not make the notes on the computer, so they did not understand why we were checking out. The lobby was full of people who were trying to check in, I felt so bad for them; felt even worse because I could not tell them "Get out of here before it's too late!" A piece of advise, if you like clean places and "resorts/hotels" with a decent appearance, DO NOT stay at the smelly Champions World of Filth Resort!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank A C
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ok, so this review reflects only on our most recent experience. My husband and I have stayed here probably 6 times in the last year. The hotel was always what we expected for the money. We have always received friendly service, clean rooms, and they have an attached- decently priced bar. This visit however (which was for my husbands Birthday) was much different. From the moment we arrived one disappointment after another. We had requested a room by the pool (as we always do), which we got one of the furthest rooms possible, which would have been no biggy if it had not been pouring all day. So, we kinda were "trapped" in our room for quite a while. The rain let up slightly so we made a run for the bar for happy hour. Getting there pretty soaked we arrived to a bar that seemed open but no one was to be seen, I walked in the lobby to find someone to ask. The girl at the desk was busy receiving a complaint from another couple regarding their room. About 5 min pass and finally the bartender came, looking quite irritated at us. He had no knowledge of ANY of the prices. What kind of bartender doesn't know how much their Bud draft is?! We ordered and took it togo in a plastic cup( did not want to stay after the look and great customer service he gave us. We sat under their covered pool. About and hour later I came back to order another, this time he was sat down at a table eating! I ordered togo and again left...walking out I read the sign posted regarding happy hour "2 for 1"...?!?! I never received 2 for 1!

Around 8pm I called for an extra pillow.........around 11pm I called again! I explained I had called at 8 and was still waiting, no apologies only a rude remark that they had to find security to bring it. Around midnight there was a loud bang yelling "security!", I opened the door he said "here" and that was it.

This was last month, again, was one of the 6 time we stayed -so maybe it was a fluke, right? I called this morning to make another reservation and give them another chance. I explained what happened last month, voiced my concerns, and requested a poolside room. This woman basically said she didn't care and there was no way I could reserve a room by the pool?! Nice. I guess they now have a change in management? Needles to say I did not book.

3  Thank Jessx42281
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visit the Orlando area frequently and usually stay at one of the Choice Hotel Chains, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc and occasionally an overrated Disney Property....However of all the places I have stay in the Disney Area this has to be one of the worst!!!! The restaurant boasted or their breakfast buffet for $8.00 a person, however, the food choices were limited it was over heated and old...left and went to Shoney's. Secondly they boasted about proximity to Disney it is about a 20 minutes drive....Staff was rude and rooms were old and run down....and the pictures on their web site have surely been photo shopped...Our pool side room was a view of the dumpsters that were picked up every morning at 6am. Just saying, would never ever stay there again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WeScott6
ChampionsWorldSales, Guest Relations Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your response and I do sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations that you are accustomed to at the other properties you frequent.

I will indeed personally over see the breakfast buffet over the following days to assure that the conditions that you described are not a common occurrence and just an isolated incident. In addition I will also forward your review to our Food and Beverage Manager to further ascertain that this does not happen again. Reviews such as yours are a helpful tool for us to assure that we are indeed meeting the expectations of our guests.

With respect to our distance to the Disney parks we are indeed located 3 miles from Disney's Maingate, this can be easily verified on many popular map websites available online. Our pictures as posted by us and independent guests are not digitally enhanced and I believe are a fair depiction if our property.

Again, we apologize for your inconveniences but would very much like to thank you for your business and stay with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

2nd stay here (ear;y June '13). Nice tile floored room overlooking the covered pool. Check in-out were easy, room very nice for $50. Walls a bit thin and adjacent room noise noticable. Plenty of eating choices nearby, onsite buffet hot breakfast just ok. Very acceptable place to crash after long theme park days.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the main pool.
1  Thank steve399
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have just returned from Florida on 26/06/2013. We have stayed at this hotel at least 12 times, and they have never let us down.I often read reviews about hotels and wonder how some people come to some of there conclusions. This hotel is just as you see it on your computer. The rooms are clean the pools(three of them) are clean and it is very good value for money. Although they have Mini buses to take you to the parks, I would strongly sugest that you have a car if you stay at this hotel.It is about 10 mins from the Disney Parks, and 35mins from Universal and sea world. This Hotel is on the 192 Highway which has many great value places to eat, from pizza (CiCis) all the way up to Steak houses (Charlies). A very good value eating place for all the family is Golden Coral. It is an all you can eat place and in the evening you can get Steak and just about any other type of food you want. Including soft drink and coffee the price is about £8.00.( make sure you get some discount voucher books out there). If you get fed up of theme parks, I would highly recomend you go to Blue springs State Park which is about 40 miles along the I 4 towards Datona, (takes about 1 hour) It costs $5 Dollars to get in including car and passengers. There is a natual spring coming out of the ground at 74F and you can swim or snorkal with the fish (Recomend water shoes) in the river or just gently float along. In the winter the Manatees come to this river and from November to March you can see them in the shallow water. (we have seen as many as 300 or more)
So if you want a great place to stay, near the parks, near good food outlets, This is the place for your family holiday. I feel it is very Keenly priced, and as I said in the begining we have never had a bad holiday at this hotel. Check out the web site and from somebody who has stay here many times I feel you will be hard pushed to find a better value Hotel
I feel you pay a 3 star price and get 4 star service Very rare these days.

Room Tip: The rooms we like are upstairs facing the pool and hot tub
4  Thank Paul T