“Great amenities for the price”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights last weekend and was very impressed with everything you get for such a reasonable cost. The room wasn't anything fancy, but I never expected it to be. It was clean, basic and had a fridge and microwave, which was handy. The beds were comfortable - again, not fancy but they were just fine. The room was large and I appreciated the amount of space. For one person it was more than enough, and I could see a family of three or four fitting easily as well.

Customer service was wonderful from everyone at the front desk, the gift shop, housekeeping and at the on-site restaurant. Housekeeping was very on top of things each day that I stayed there. I'd originally booked one night and then added an additional two nights - they were easy to work with on how to handle checking out and back in and I was able to just stay in the same room so I didn't have to move my things.

The grounds are very well kept up - I saw groundspeople working each of the days and you could tell by looking around that they take pride in the appearance of the property. The covered pool area has a nice area around it for hanging out in either sun or shade. I didn't go in the pool but watched lots of families having fun. I was very impressed by the back area that has a beautiful pond with small beach areas, firepits, benches, a gazebo and a fountain. It was so peaceful and you could hardly tell that you were at a 'budget' resort right off the main tourist strip. There's also lots of opportunities for athletics, with a baseball field, basketball court, and soccer goals set up. This would be perfect for a school or sports group.

I was surprised by a couple of things, including the fact that the rooms open directly to the outside with no interior hallways, and the rooms have tile floor, no carpet. Neither of these were a big deal to me, and I can see where tile floor is easier to upkeep. There were a couple of worn spots in the bedspreads, but they were clean and functioned well. The television channel selection wasn't great in terms of number of channels, but there was a good variety, including both local channels and Showtime.

It wasn't the quietest hotel I've ever stayed at but certainly not the loudest either. If you're near the pool, then you'll get noise from families playing there, and if your room fronts on a parking lot there will be vehicle noise, but that's par for the course at this type of hotel. I didn't notice anything I would consider out of the ordinary. During the day there was noise from the groundskeepers, but again, that's to be expected and I was more than glad to see how much care was being taken into keeping up the grounds.

The on-site restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. I had a grilled chicken caesar salad and it was one of the best I've had at any restaurant. Service was excellent, the prices were very reasonable and I would definitely eat there again.

Overall I was very happy with the quality of my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value on a place to stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deb S
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Deb

Thank you very much for your detailed report on our property along with the amenities that we offer. It does indeed take lots of behind the scenes work to put forth the product that our guests see and we all want to thank you for observations that our staff performs on a daily basis.

We hope to see you again soon when your plans involve travel to the Central Florida area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,226)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Champions World Resort with our 4 children for 4 nights, The nature parks is very nice the kids loved the huge feild to run in and the lil paddle boat ride, The first 2 nights we were there the free wifi was not working and we had no hot water at all, I complained to the front desk and they said they some times have problems with the hot water in the building we were in, said we could move to another room, but the water didn't get hot there either. so we stayed in the same room, Front desk staff was very unfriendly did not make us feel welcome in the resort at all. We traveled to Orlando to go to Disney parks. I feel they could have been nicer and offered some kind of discount for not having any hot water. We over looked that and did end up enjoying the Disney parks.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room has hot water before you unpack
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Clarrisa

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our new nature park and the paddle boat rides. It has indeed become a very popular place with all our recent guests.

We have indeed recently become aware of hot water problem issues in certain parts of our property and are currently coming up along with our engineering department a long term solution. Reports such as yours and others commenting on the same shortcoming have made us aware of the discrepancy.

I would also like to extend my apologies on the level of service given by our front desk staff. I will indeed speak with our Front Desk Manager with regards to this.

Thank you for letting us know how we are performing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very good hotel for the value. Pools were in good condition as were the rooms and very good service. Quick check in and check out no problems at all.

Some improvements may be better cable TV and exterior maintenance. But again for the price compared to other hotels around it, it was a very good deal.

Kids friendly hotel

Room Tip: The rooms near the covered pool are too dark.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! Given our proximity to the Walt Disney World Resort area we are indeed a family friendly hotel.

We will indeed take your comments under advice with respects to our channel selection. Currently we are looking into the areas that require upgrades including our exterior building maintenance. Thank you for letting us know!

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were on a budget and after paying travel bag £580 per person for flights and 8 night stay (with virgin -direct) we were not in a position to argue, I think you will all agree that that was a very cheap deal! Our main purpose for our visit was to see my husbands relatives and catch up with the family so we simply wanted a hot shower, clean bed and safe environment.

Overall our stay was OK, we did get a hot shower everyday, the room was cleaned to a good standard and the linen was clean so it did meet our requirements. The Internet only worked one day which was frustrating as we didn't have a cell phone and email was our only way of communicating with the folks, luckily they we able to reach us in our room. Internet is free of charge and I could have complained but I don't think it would have made much difference. We never ate at the restaurant so i can not comment but my husband did buy a couple of drinks at the bar which was OK. The bar only opened at 4pm which seemed crazy on warm days but this was perhaps a cost saving strategy.
The location of the hotel was good as you we surrounded by gift shops and restaurants. We ate T the Pizza Hut opposite one night which was OK.
Their was a real mixture of people staying the at hotel and as it was spring break this was to be expected however at night a couple of dodgy looking characters would sit outside their hotel room watching the world go by? I wasn't sure what they were doing exactly however they did make me feel a little uneasy and I was glad our room was no where near them. On the other side there were families, other couples and groups of teens so a real mixed bag.
The Outside pool was simple but very cold although I am sure that in the heat of the summer this is welcoming. It would have been nice to have some background music playing to give it some atmosphere but you get what you pay for.
The 'hotel' is more a motel so it seemed as though people would stay for 1 or 2 nights besides the Brits and to be honest if I was on a budget again and it was just as cheap I would consider staying here again.
To give you an idea on price, my husbands father came to stay one night and was charged $40 as they must have been quiet, you can not argue with that.
If you are looking for a three star middle of road hotel then this might not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a short term stay and you are on a tight budget and don't mind a no frills type of place, then this does tick all the boxes.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms seem to have tiled floors, we were on the top floor with carpet and preferred...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovestotraveluk
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your post, we hope your trip back to the U.K. was uneventful.
We did indeed have some Internet issues during the period of your stay. A weather system passing by did indeed cause some havoc on our Internet antenna routers. I have been told that the issues have since been repaired however, I do have as my own personal follow up action to confirm that the wi fi signal is available through out our property. Being a frequent traveler myself I completely understand the importance of being able to connect to the Internet especially when traveling outside one's home country. The options available to today's international traveler are truly remarkable.
I will indeed review our current operating hours for our poolside bar. We do have 3 pools located throughout our property, however, the same storm also affected our main heated pool. The heating system has since been repaired and once again fully functional.

Thank you for your advice and letting us know how we are doing.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family, wife,daughter, son-in-law,daughter-in-law, and 3 grandchildren had a excellent time at this resort! Very close to everything,real nice at the front desk, pools were in good condition as were the rooms. I would highly recommend this place to familys, etc. also a good price! A special thanks to Tamara at the front desk, she is excellent. Deserves a pay raise.

Room Tip: Excellent bargain, close to good food and parks
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. We will indeed pass along your well wishes to Tamara and let her Department Manager know of her job well done. Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a 28hr trip from Middlesbrough it wasn't actually 28hrs but that's how long we'd gone without sleep me wife and 2 children (12 & 8) I hadn't seen the "hotel" as the wife had booked we were initially shocked (due to lack of sleep). My first worry was the "safe" could be picked up and carried, oops. But after a good nights sleep and then a great made to order omelette breakfast we realised this was a typical American Motel. The room was cleaned every day and the shuttle buses which were free we great for getting into Disney. Food wasn't great but a five minute walk down the road was Holihans which was without a doubt our best find of the holiday great food and brilliant staff very very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Chris P

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We're glad to hear you had a great nights sleep after what was indeed a very very long trip! Sorry to hear that your breakfast experience wasn't that good. We do indeed have many new dining options within close proximity to our hotel. Hope you made it back home safe.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed overnight after a day a Disney, and noticed a peep hole scratched in mirror in the bathroom. Behind mirror was a large whole to next motel room. you could hold you phone camera up to it and see everything that was going on. we called the sheriff and they are investigating.

Room Tip: Don't get room with the new wall mounted air conditioners, because management said that whole i...
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank becky p
ChampionsWorldSales, Owner at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We did indeed receive a visit from our local sheriff's department investigating the allegations of a peep hole found within a bathroom mirror at our property that you report. The mirror which was anchored and secured to the bathroom wall with screws was removed by the guest which then revealed a series of plumbing lines which were recently installed along with our new split air conditioning units. The lines needed to be accessible for maintenance purposes. On the opposite side of the wall was a mirror to the adjacent's room bathroom. The mirror in question was positioned in a manner that it never faced neither the toilet nor bath, it simply faced the bathroom door. Thus the line of sight was very much limited on the alleged peep hole. What appears to be merely a scratch on the mirror may have been misinterpreted to be much more. We have since drywalled/closed off access from one side thus allowing our maintenance engineers access to the lines when needed. Prior to the Sheriff's departure they informed both us and the guest making the allegations that there was not sufficient evidence of any crimes being committed nor warranting any reports being filed.
We are family oriented hotel and our number one priority is the safety of our guests.

Thank you again for your concerns.