“This place is not bad” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Champions World Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
slower lower delaware
“This place is not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Am here now and am wondering what all the bad reviews are about this place is great...clean..friendly....the nature park is beautiful...room is renovated...was out at 1am and not scary at all...love it...worth what we paid and more

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank demomof3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I arrived at this hotel on the 7th with my boyfriend for a two week stay. Long story short we checked out 3 days later. We would've checked out straight away had we not been waiting for a refund from our travel agents so we could book another hotel. I had rang the 'hotel' (it's more like a seedy motel) two days prior to arriving and asked them about the negative reviews they had on here. They basically said it was all fabricated lies and that the hotel was fine and said they'd even upgrade us to a bigger room with a pool view as it was my 21st birthday holiday. When we arrived our hearts sank. The exterior was tired and dropping to pieces. We tried to stay positive about it as we hasn't seen our room yet. As we walked to our room (which we couldn't find for 20 minutes as the receptionist gave us rubbish directions ten left us to it) we quickly saw that our room was passed the pool and looking out onto a scruffy pool house. Just that. As we walked in it became apparent that the reviews were true. There was holes in the wall and door, hair still in the bath, some sort of bug in the bath, black marks on the sheets, dirt all over the floor (we couldn't walk around in bare feet it was so dirty), damp above the door, the plug sockets were separating from the wall. The next day we got up early to go and complain and to ring our travel agents. There was a different receptionist on to the night before who was nice about it and have us a free breakfast (don't have the breakfast if it isn't free, it's disgusting). We also discovered that the indoor pool was having work done to it so there was dust flying all over and a big canopy over the pool held down by breeze blocks. The balcony frames were dropping to pieces and crumbling, light fittings were held together by blue duct tape, paint work was peeling off the walls and floor. It looked nothing like the website at all. That would've been bearable. It's a good job Florida had sun to make this place look a bit cheerier. I wish I could've rated it a zero for everything but there wasnt that option. The only reason it gets a two for service was because of that one receptionist. The others were very short and sharp. So we checked out of the hotel and are now staying at the holiday inn 5 minutes walk away from downtown Disney, and we can now relax and enjoy our holiday and forget about that god awful place. Read the reviews before booking it. I regret not doing that.

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank Co1192

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Rooms have paper thin walls and the price means you get some lively neighbours. We heard every noise and word that was spoken in the next door room. We even smelt the aromatic second hand tobbacco coming under the locked adjoining door during the wee small hours. Wifi only works in the reception if you can find a seat. Luckily we only stayed one night (although it seemed a long one with the lack of sleep due to the noise). In summary - whole place is tired and not particularly clean - if you dont have much money and sleep with ear plugs and need to be in the area then give it a whirl if not avoid. I wouldnt want to take kids here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TIGH-NA-SITH
Champaign, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Front Desk person (tisha or trisha), was rude. Ignored us to have personal conversation on phone, snippy when asked questions, Talked to guests about other staff members and the hotel in general in a negative light. Overall the hotel was ok, but this one person and her unfriendly attitude all but ruined the visit.

Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I don't know if it was just the time my family stayed here or if it is always or more frequently like that but the wi-fi access never worked for me and for other guests as well on all the 5 days we satyed out here. When I contacted the front-desk, they just gave me the id and password and asked me to search and connect to their wi-fi. When it never connected and problem persisted over 2 days, they said their technician was checking it out and later on asked me to go to their lobby and coonect. That also never worked. Overall it was a frustrating experience given that a lot of things these days are online and you just cannot access online unless you have a smartphone or a mobile hotspot or some such alternative - which I did not have. Room was smelly on the first day but later on it was OK. Front desk service was terrible while checking in. Good low-cost choice maybe but you pay with something else for sure...

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a low cost alternative for staying near Disney. Does charge a $7 resort fee but most of the ones in this area do. Free parking and free entry to the hotel's nature park, but I did not have time to visit. Room was OK. Had a microwave and small refrigerator, plasma TV. Free wi-fi but it did not work. Had some problems with water pressure as they were installing a new water line. Part of hotel under construction but not where my room was. Noisy though as walls are thin as paper. Saw the prior reviews so kept my stuff locked in my car and had no problems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MisterWombat
West Long Branch, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would NOT recommend staying here at all. After traveling most of the day from N.J my daughter, her friend, and myself arrived by car to this Motel, Hotel? Not sure what you can call it.
I was hoping when I saw it there was some kind of mix up. No this was the place. While some of the people working there are pleasant NO ONE seems to know anything. They checked us into a room that had one king size bed... Really there are 3 of us. So I went back to the front desk and they put us in another room. I have to tell you that my daughter and her friend who are 11 and 12 both said they were freaked out by the establishment. The curtains from the outside gave us our first impression, stains on the comforter, smelled weird, and hair on the sheets. We decided to get something to eat because we hadn't eaten all day while traveling so we went into the restaurant. There is a sign that says please wait to be seated.... well we waited and waited. Appears that the sign is just there for decoration or something because I found out after waiting that you have to go into the bar and the bartender is also the server.
3 or more bus loads of teens running all over the place, front desk not having a clue, we decided to go out and get something to eat. I called my sister and told her of our ordeal she put me in touch with her friends brother in law who quickly told me that I could stay on Disney property, Bonnet Creek. Yippeeeeee.. so we left after eating and went back to tell the front dest we were checking out. I took the loss on the money I had already spent to stay in this dump and they had also put a hold on my credit card for $50.00, which I am just finding out after speaking with someone from the front desk via telephone that they intend on keeping my 50.00 even though we checked out 2 or 3 hours later. Excuse me????
If you want my advice DO NOT STAY HERE... its GROSS and the only way they will make money is to keep your money one way or another.

1 Thank alissamorris87