2,435 results
All reviews covered pool nature park soccer field fire pit fridge and microwave hot tub coffee maker disney parks pizza hut shuttle service pools dalton orlando playground theme target pond
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks at Champions, yes it needs updating but my room was cleaned every day and could not fault the cleaners. The reception staff where always pleasant with me and my daughter. The wifi never hardly worked. There was a pool closed because of a broken pump, but there didnt seem to be any sign of it getting fixed. It was miles out of the way, you need a car to get around. The bar closed too early when Mark was on, he would close the bar at 8.40 on a monday because he worked a long day and was tired, even when customers are in the bar hed just say hes closing. his attitude is a disgrace and how hes got a job there i will never know. Also watch your tab when hes on because i think he overcharges you and he never gives you a receipt. The best thing about the staff in Champions has to be Ray (the Chef) and Chris (the Barman) they would go out their way for you and nothing was a problem to them. (unlike Mark)

3  Thank 186337Teresa
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was at this hotel this August for 2 weeks... And it was the worst hotel I've ever been too... Room wasn't clean, bed sheet wasn't changed, floor was full of dust, tv didn't work properly, the pool was close due to some water problem, Internet wasn't working for the all 2weeks and 2 days we didnt have hot water!!!! The service was very poor, staff wasn't friendly and there was one girl which was very rude and with no manner, and the manager same as her.
I was very disappointed as this hotel was booked by the agency telling me it was near everywhere and I didn't had time to check, but this hotel is the last hotel of the road, far from everywhere and there is nothing around it except a dominos sabuways, pizza hut, a Lil old gift shop,.... You can't even walk around there as there isn't any sidewalk.
To stay at this hotel you need a car, don't relay on the shuttle as they where never on tiime and the time they had was not convenient and it takes long to go to the Disney park because, they pick up more people from different hotels and same on the way back as this hotel is far, you get drop off last.
I just want to say to everyone, please don't stay in this hotel, you will be very disappointed, there are more hotel close to Disney with the same price like Ramada Hotel and the service is much better.

3  Thank Faby P
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed at this place 3 times in the last year. They advertise Wi-FI in the rooms, but don't count on it. Each and everytime I have stayed here, I have had nothing but problems with the Wi-Fi. They are constantly telling me "it is working, it must be your Computer". I am a certified Microsoft Tech and can only get it when I am in the lobby. This last time, my family was with me, with a total of 3 lap-tops, none of them could connect, except the lobby. The hotel is inexpensive, but needs a little face lift. Even the pool outside my room was empty...they said it was a filter problem, but I was there for 4 nights and no one that I saw even looked at it. When you try to explain problems to the staff, they just sort of stare off over you shoulder, or write something down, but you normally have to ask twice to get any response, good or bad. I just felt like I was being shined on and nothing was done....I was hoping the third time I stayed there would have been the charm, it wasn't and I won't go back again.

Room Tip: If you stay, ask for the rooms near the office, my understanding from the staff, these room had the most recent refubishment...
2  Thank rich547b
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I visited this hotel last October, so this is a delayed review, but I loved this hotel, the staff were friendly and the rooms were basic but clean the pool (one that's covered) was great our room looked out onto this, the hotel was quiet and everyone was friendly, the only issue was that we did not have a hire car, in my view you cannot stay at this hotel without a hire car, the bus to the parks are long and not really at convenient times so we found ourselves getting taxi's and this was really really expensive $40 - $60 one way trip to the parks. The bar was little but we met some really nice American people. I would 100% stay here again if I had a hire car.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Pros: Good price, clean room,
Cons: Traffic to the parks, questionable business practices, thin walls

Upon arrival, my wife wouldn't even get out of the car until I surveyed the room. After reading some of the reviews, we were worried about what we may encounter. But to our surprise, the room was clean.

My check-in was ok, but found some things to be a little shady. When signing paperwork, she asked for my credit card. When she returned the card to me she said she just charged $50 to my card for incidentals. I was surprised that she processed the card without my permission. She did verify the card would get credited when we check out if there were no additional charges to the room. The next day upon checking out, I did see that my card was credited the $50.

Normally we stay at the Disney Resort, but we arrived a day early and needed a quick overnight stay in Orlando. The traffic to the park was annoying, it's much easier to just hop on the monorail or shuttle to a Disney resort or park.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room with tiled floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family