“Surprisingly decent”

Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Muncie, Indiana
“Surprisingly decent”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Pros: Good price, clean room,
Cons: Traffic to the parks, questionable business practices, thin walls

Upon arrival, my wife wouldn't even get out of the car until I surveyed the room. After reading some of the reviews, we were worried about what we may encounter. But to our surprise, the room was clean.

My check-in was ok, but found some things to be a little shady. When signing paperwork, she asked for my credit card. When she returned the card to me she said she just charged $50 to my card for incidentals. I was surprised that she processed the card without my permission. She did verify the card would get credited when we check out if there were no additional charges to the room. The next day upon checking out, I did see that my card was credited the $50.

Normally we stay at the Disney Resort, but we arrived a day early and needed a quick overnight stay in Orlando. The traffic to the park was annoying, it's much easier to just hop on the monorail or shuttle to a Disney resort or park.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room with tiled floors
1 Thank indyemmett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you won't a not so expensive place to stay I think this place would do. We just stayed from July 28th til August 4th in 2012. Wi Fi is terrible. No real problems with the pools, my kids loved it. Rooms are too small for a resort, which made a long stay for a family of 5. Staff was friendly, but had to put out the ( DO NOT DISTURB) sign out because everyday we got back from the parks they would turn my AC back up even after I called and complained, and it was like walking in to a sauna. Therefore I ended up cleaning my own room and having my towels brought to me every evening. Also there ice machines stayed empty, so take a cooler and stop by Publix on your way back in every evening if you won't cold beverages. Rooms do have a musty smell, but love the tile floor. I would stay here again if everything else was ( No Vacancy). The greatest thing about it was the 7-11 that I stopped in every morning to get me a fresh cup of coffee on our way to the parks,

Room Tip: Stay close to the lobby if you gonna need WiFi!!
1 Thank Joseph C
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went to Orlando on July 8 and I stayed here for two nights.If you are planning to stay there ,I recommend the rooms close to the under roof pool because those have floor tiles and look newer than those in the back which have carpets and look older.Besides that the resort has all the amenities of a resort including laundry,gym,playground for kids,baseball park and other things that you won`t see in other hotels.I just payed 31 dollars for the night so it was a bargain.The 192 highway has all the restaurants and fun places that we all know so this resort is close to everything including Disney World.You will not find anything better for this price in Kissimmee,believe me.If you find problems with your stay,front desk will fix it very fast.The most important thing is to stay close to the under roof pool,because those in the back ain`t as good as those.

Room Tip: rooms close to the under roof pool are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank PrPonce
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here June 25th through June 30th. I had read some questionable reviews, but chanced it anyway. We found an amazingly spotless room. It had tile floors which were very clean. The refrigerator and microwave were clean. The pool area was clean and the staff was great about getting everyone out and quiet by 11 pm. We saw zero bugs of any kind. We found all the staff to be so helpful and considerate.
We went to the park they have in the back. amazing. They have two ponds with peddle boats. We had a blast back there. Very well-keptg grounds. There were picnic areas and grills and baseball fields, soccer, basketball, etc...I was very pleased with our trip. We definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: The main section by the indoor pool was where we stayed. I can't speak for the other sections of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW OF THIS PROPERTY NOR IS IT MY FIRST STAY AT THIS PROPERTY BUT MY LAST!!!!!!!
My family stayed here from July 20-23, 2012.
I have always made reservations through the local naval station here in Jacksonville, this time I made it over the phone the day of the 20th, with the hotel reservations. Before hanging up I asked would I have to pay the resort fee I was told no I also asked about have the regular two rooms I liked before paying for the rooms. My family have stayed in this hotel since 2005. We have never paid these fees despite of how the reservations were made.
While checking in I was informed that I had to pay the resort fee for both rooms and if I did not stay in the rooms I still will be charged one day stay plus the resort fee and a $25.00 cancelation fee which did not make any sense. My sons said lets just stay and we check out on Sunday Tamara says to him if we stay Saturday and check out Sunday we will still be billed for not staying for Sunday night! (BS) At this time I ased for the manager! She was just as nasty to my family as was the desk clerk! I stated to the both that I would write a review with Tripadvisor the manager said who reads it and the clerk said like we would care I finish my check-in went to the rooms that was not ones we requested. I noticed the spelling of my last name was incorrected when I told Tamara her relpy was it does not matter they the credit card will pay!
Upon entering the rooms you can smell that is had been smoking it there I phoned the fronted desk to ask for a non smoking room while talking to the front desk my son tells me there is only one set of towels and the bathroom needed to be clean there was hair on floor. I was told the hotel was booked no more rooms to change and for me to come get towels housekeeping was going for the day. She would send some one up tomorrow to complete the bathroom. That was a lie! I went to the walk way told the maid my problem she gave me three more towel sets and took her mop to do the floor only took about 4 minutes or less. The maid asked was there anything more that we needed she checked the beds to make sure all was well with them. I went to Walmart to get Lysol and air freshner for both rooms
I settled down for a nap while my sons and their girlfriends went to the pool. Less then 10 mintues they was in the rooms saying the pool was nasty! They could not swim. This hotel has three pools so I tried to get them to go to one of the other pools they said they are crowed.
Before going to bed I made sure that the "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGNS ON BOTH DOOR !!!!! Sunday morning
Why did housekeeping knock on my door asking if I wanted service !!! I told young lady do not knock on these door again do not disturb means do not knock on these doors and closed the door she knock on my sons door he was not as nice as I had been.
Upon returning Sunday evening I notice I did not have my room key. I went to the front office to get a replacement the young lady was very helpful. I asked could we get a late check out for Monday (we planed on staying in Orlando longer) she said yes She made the late check out and said good night. I went to our room and made arrangement for another hotel.
On checking out I went downstairs to the front desk I was greeted by two familiar smiles. The ladies asked how have I been and did I enjoy my stay. I told what had happen since I checked in the ladies apologized for the hotel and asked me to stay extend my stay with them not the other hotel. I had already made reservation at the other hotel and I did not want to get the service I had had again.
I do not expect everything perfect at this hotel. But if I stay somewhere as often as we do here some one could have tried to accommodate us a little clean towels- why should I go get them? The resort fee- they could have suggested I pay half since they claim all military pays this fee.
But this was not presented to me.
This experience has made me not want stay here anymore I have never been treated by any one staff this way. Orlando has many hotels just as good as this one just and just a cheap with better staff that want me and my family to stay in their hotel.
This was a place to stay not my home.
THIS WAS NOT A HAPPY STAY FOR US !!!!

3 Thank FINEANDFOXXY4U

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Charlotte,NC
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We made this trip for a softball tournament in a 4 team group When you look for it in the internet it look great, when you get here, is old and is not well maintained outside (poor paint, landscaping is horrible, the fountains are dirty and have mosquitoes in them near the fields.) Our trip includes flight, hotel transportation and breakfast. As soon we get here our reservation said with breakfast and transportation included. When we went to get the breakfast they did not aloud us to do it. The excuse was that the person who made the reservation wasn't working there any more and they was not responsible for it even when they charge us for this and refused to give us a refund. There is NO WI-FI available in any of the building (the front desk said is available but IS NOT WORKING) Not even that, they have laundry facilities but not change for them at any time and no transportation to go and get it. The last thing that makes our trip misserable is that in the only day the girls off and have time to go to the pool all of them are closed .We went @10:00am they were closed, call the front office they said they will open @ 1:00 because of chemicals. We called @ 2:00 to be sure they were open and the front desk told us the only one open was the big one in the front. So we get there, put the baby in the kiddie pool and 2 minutes after that, a gentlemen came and ask us to leave because they will be cleaning the floor. Just to let you know this is the worst experience ever it is more then a 100 outside and we cant even use the pool and the front desk people and manager doesn't care. We will finish our tournament here cause for a group this big there is no accomodation in any other place and they refused to give us our money back, but just because of that, definitely we will NOT come again and will tell familly and friends NOT to do it also.

3 Thank Sol R
Oswego, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2012

If your looking for a cheap place to sleep then this is the place. Nothing to write home about, but you get what you pay for. Beds are hard on the back. Wifi availible, but only can get connected if your close to the lobby. Wifi shows up all over the property but you will have a hard time connecting if at all.
If you want any sleep at all do not get a room next to any pool or outside amenities. You get the late crowds coming in from 10pm- 1am yelling, stomping floors, running around and raising hell in the pool.
In the morning you get the people getting up early to go to the parks making a racket. You really can't win.
I had to wait to get home before I could get any rest.
The pools are decent.The best time to use the pool is 10am- 1pm. The hotel does not enforce pool rules so if you have young children watch out. You have to constantly worry about some other child jumping on your kids head while they are swimming in the pool.
The housekeeping does a decent job and the people at the front desk were always helpful.
Oh and to comment on bed bugs. We stayed in two different rooms and never found any. After reading some of the reports on here I was constantly looking for the little critters. Good luck.

3 Thank jkingsbu