2,419 results
All reviewscovered poolnature parksoccer fieldfire pitfridge and microwavehot tubcoffee makerdisney parkspizza hutshuttle servicepoolsdaltonorlandoplaygroundthemetargetpond
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We checked in for 3 nights...Dec 17-19... The rooms are a little run down but clean... I must say they are always cleaning...There were a few bugs in the room....But this is Florida.. Nothing major,,, The Pools are nice and clean.... The Breakfast buffet is something you can skip.... Not worth the price and very limited food items... It was luke warm.... The Major problem was the internet access... From the first day there until we leaved we could not get on there wireless connection... When i went to the front desk they told me every day that it was down and they were working on it.... This for me was an inconvience because i needed to do work!!! DO NOT COUNT ON WIRELESS CONECTION THAT THEY CLAIM TO HAVE.. I think i may have gotten a virus from trying to log on also...... Having major problem with my laptop since i left there....Once nice thing was there free bus to Epcot,,,, Very convienient..
All in all not too bad a place the price,,,, You get what you pay for.......!!

Room Tip: Ask for pool side..........
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donliberty
Reviewed December 22, 2011

How this place has received good reviews is beyond me. I've stayed at better Super 8 Motels! And the fact they are calling themselves a RESORT and charging a RESORT FEE that was NOT mentioned is absurd. This place is RUNNED DOWN! It looks like it needs to be bulldozed to the ground. The pools were disgusting, the grass and trees were dead, the outside of the buildings looks scary and sleazy, the inside of the rooms were below standards - smelled of smoke and mildew, the sheets had holes and I even saw bugs run across the floor. Our AC was broke and it took someone almost 25 minutes to come take a look only for them to move us to a different room. They said they were working from a piece of paper because their computers were down. All in all this stay was a nightmare! I would of left had we not checked in late and were tired from driving, but don't make the mistake and give these people your credit card number. Because on top of all of this, they charged me fees that were not expected - my bill ended up being double ... I wondered why there were only 5 cars in the parking lot -- NOW I KNOW!!! I wish I would of taken pictures.

Also the manager was RUDE and when I called to complain about the extraneous charges she just said "take it up with your credit card company". That's how you lose customers, good job Howard Johnson!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jewelbeetle
Reviewed December 20, 2011

My family and I stayed here from 8 Dec-11 Dec the first 2 nights were very loud and annoying as High School Football Teams were staying there too some 50 plus Schools from all over and these kids were rude and loud all Hours of the night however I was warned by the hotel staff at check in so I took my chances. the room were clean everyday and the pillows were very small which sucks if you have neck or back problems the TV was and old tube model and the channel selection wasn't the greatest so if you were trying to relax and watch a little TV after a long day you will be a little disappointed ,we were in a room that wasn't refurbished yet but I cant tell for sure if any of the other rooms were either. the pool was fun for my kids just make sure you check that the pool area has towels other wise just bring some from your room.this hotel has a shuttle service for Disney only and they post the pick up times for you at check in. I recommend you drive if you have your own Vehicle other wise you'll be waiting till late to be picked up.this hotel is about 15-20 mins drive to Disney and 30 mins for Universal if you do drive. this hotel is definetly worth the price you pay it is what it is so don't expect 4 star accomidations on a 2 star price I have stayed all over the Orlando,Kissimee,Lake Buena Vista area and this Hotel wasn't bad by any means I think this hotel needs a little TLC and an upgrade to all of its facilities the staff was very nice and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is on a fixed vacation budget. just make sure you call ahead and make sure there isn't a bunch of high school kids staying there.

2  Thank Charley1974
Reviewed December 19, 2011

this is our second year doing an overnight stay. Last year, we spent so much money for a hotel that we literally just crashed for the night. The checkin was long and we didn't even enjoyed any of the hotels facilities.. This year I searched for something more affordable, that would still be near Disney World. Champion World Resorts was Great. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, the checkin was quick, and parking was only steps away from the room. I also liked that it was so close to restaurants and shops. I will defitnetly want to stay here again and enjoy the facilities.

Room Tip: if your staying longer ask to be put closer to playground and pool
3  Thank Maria S
Reviewed December 8, 2011

just got back from a eight day stay at the resort, we were worried about the bad reviews but decided that they had improved since september, so we took a chance.
The motel in its self was good, the rooms were cleaned daily and the place had been refurbished. We asked for a pool side room which was good. We were made very welcome by the receptionist Latisha, who looked after us and gave us advice on local places.Check in/check out was easy.
The only down side was we werent advised that there was a junior american football tournament on and that there was 50 teams staying , the noise was unbearable at times and the lack of supervision by their staff meant that some of the youths were running around making noise until 1 am.So check with the hotel ref whats on during your stay. A good motel for the price .We would definately stay there again

Room Tip: get a room near but not adjacent to the pool these are better quality rooms.
1  Thank andy t