“This place is not how they advertised” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Champions World Resort

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, Florida
“This place is not how they advertised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at this restore with my children and the service and room quality was very bad. Before getting there I asked to have a fridge and microwave in my room I had to call the front desk twice before they did anything about it. Their was a hole in the bathroom wall their was no TV remote in the room the safe did not work and service took forever,if they came at all. Their was no need to complain ,because management did nothing about it besides give us $2.00 in tokens to their arcade for our problems. They rated themselves as a 3 star hotel and the manager tells my wife they are only a 2 star ,but at best they are a 1. I would not recommend this hotel ,because it is not worth the money or time. Do not book this hotel based on the pictures ,because they are very decieving.

1 Thank kingboyz23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Live Oak, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed here when we made our first trip to Disney World, we absolutely loved the place. Our room was newly renovated economy room and was very very clean. I did not have to worry about my children picking up some sort of fungus or warts because the carpet was nice, the showers were clean and the hotel staff had made a bouquet of flowers using the wash clothes, which I thought was very cool. We had received fresh linen daily. We did not swim in the pool or get into the hot tub because it was January and the weather was very cold, however the landscaping around the hotel is gorgeous and very unique. We recommend this place to all of our friends. If you want a worry free, affordable vacation spot you should check this place out.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

PROS:+innexpensive
+near restaurants, gift shops, etc
+ actual HEATED pool-warm and great for march weather, other places say heated
but this one WAS
+more than one pool
+ cute playground

CONS: -sofa was dirty, sink was clogged, tub was dirty
-many people loud and yelling at night
-I'd only stay here if I was going to be away at the parks or at the pool and not actually in
the rooms, didn't like the rooms at all.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I was very worried about this hotel. Once I arrived my fears subsided. The room was clean and comfy. The bathroom was outdated but clean. The lobby was very well kept. The grounds when I was there in May 2010 were not well kept. The pool was not murky and the area my room was located in was unsafe at night. We only used the room for sleeping, so it was perfect for my needs! The great perk was the free shuttle!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Poconos, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great Stay (Feb. 28 to Mar.4). Rooms were very clean, ours (#243) was updated with modern furniture. Beds were comfy, NO BUGS!!!!! Did not see one bug our entire stay! Room had microwave and fridge, so we were able to "cook" in our room which is a good way to save money! Covered pool was very nice, not busy. Did not use other pools but they looked equally nice. No safety concerns as the property is well lit and employees were always found walking the grounds. Yes, the place is older and needs some attention, but there were contractors working and fixing things during our stay, so the owners are maintaining the property. It is a little further out than where we normally stay, but it was worth the extra few minute drive to the parks. If you are looking for somewhere to sleep and swim and take a break from the parks, stay here! It is great for frugal families! From the bad reviews, I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised! Would definitely come back!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had a lovey stay. The resort is a value, and taking the back road on Sherberth, I traveled to Disney in 6 minutes. The staff is warm and attentive. I felt like I was at home with family.

• Stayed March 2011
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

A great place for Disney & theme parks! When I booked this hotel on their website I knew I was beggining my Disney vacation by saving money on a clean, friendly hotel in a great location. I also realized I would have to pay for other expenses to keep up any OTHER expenses for my trip including morning coffee. The only complimentary ammenity at this hotel is the internet and it is based on availability- ( if it is ON it is available- if not-then it will return when its back up and running- it is simply complimentary and should not be relied upon)

The resort does offer a nice clean heated pool, and a play area for kids & there is dining and a bar available as well. The housekeeping was thorough to keep things clean and the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves for convienance at no charge and they even brought a baby crib complimentary/no charge.

This is a great place for the price !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family