“old town, typical tourist trap”
Review of Old Town

Old Town
Ranked #3 of 84 things to do in Kissimmee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Old Town is located in Kissimmee, FL and is next door to Fun Spot Kissimmee, one mile from Celebration and five miles east of the main gate of Walt Disney World. Open seven days a week, the hours are 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. for shops and 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. for restaurants. Built in 1986, Old Town is a 10-acre walking district containing a collection of shops, restaurants and family-friendly amusements. There are free vehicle shows, car cruises and live entertainment Wednesday through Sunday. The brick streets come alive on Friday and Saturday nights, when people line the sidewalks to admire a parade of hot rods, street rods and antiques. Throughout the year, Old Town hosts a variety of Americana-themed and seasonal events.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

not many stores, but the ones that are there are nothing special. Typical tourist trap place. kinda neat to walk thru quick, but nothing much

There are newer reviews for Old Town

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I travelled with 4 other people, and we all had differing options of it, I found it strange it's a mixture of like old Western America, 1950's america (think grease) and San Francisco.... My young child found it scary at night, my husband loved it
Be aware don't let younger children view the "dollar" man (a dummy) being electrocuted it was horrific!

1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Old Town is overpriced and overrated. The staff that works their are all rude. The go carts are $7 a person and the girl that works there is always yelling at the kids and making rude gestures. The zip line was out of order. The bumper cars are also overpriced and the girl there is extremely unfriendly. Very hard to find parking as well. Not worth the visit.

2  Thank susans1007
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I visited Old Town with our 18 month old son and had a great time. It reminds me of a family-friendly, cleaner New Orleans. It was really clean, restaurants/taverns everywhere, lots of arcade games and stores. We enjoyed just strolling with our toddler, who really loved the rock shop. It was relaxing just walking along and not having to worry about traffic or anything. There were 3 rides that our son was tall enough to go on, but he's really not a thrill seeker so he didn't enjoy it! The one place I wanted to visit before we left was the popcorn factory. It had a sign on the door stating "Be Back Soon", so we stood at the door and waited to see if anyone would open up. We could staff in there. Finally, after about fifteen minutes, I saw a girl in the window sweeping the floor. I knocked and asked how long it would be. She gestured that she didn't know and then said it would be 20 minutes. We didn't want to wait so we left. Overall, a good time and would go back.

1  Thank Hanna1517
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Every trip that I make to Orlando, I always make a stop at Old Town. It is fun and lots to do and see. Everyone that I bring there with me always has such a good time. Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank LatoshaMackey