“mind...blown...”
Review of Warbird Adventures

Warbird Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Soar across Florida's cloudless blue sky in a two-seater plane that served as the premier fighter-trainer of World War II.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“mind...blown...”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Yes the flight is short, yes it's expensive, but wow what a feeling. I note the reviews say "chance of a lifetime" which I thought as well, but I'm already figuring on how I can do this again, and stay up a bit longer. I was lucky that I arrived in time to fly with another individual. We took off in formation and stayed in tight formation for the start of the ride. It was amazing to look over (or up) and see another T6 right beside you, with it's pilot sporting the same amazing grin.

I highly recommend this. Neal was my instructor. He knows his stuff, just ask the right questions.

JG

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

All the family went to see dad have a flight in the war plane from here. Neil was his pilot and he involved all of us in the experience. Dad's flight was fantastic, he took the controls -an amazing time. There were two flights up and they flew back in formation a fantastic sight from the ground for us. Thank you to everyone there for a perfect afternoon and making dad's year

Torrance, California
“The best!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Thank you John for a fantastic experience. Time was short so I could only manage the 15 minute flight but it was brilliant. John was a great instructor and very informative and entertaining. As I said as we were taxying back - awesome is a much over-used word these days but this was a truly awesome experience for me. Thanks to all at Warbird Adventures. Go there and fly. You'll never regret it and remember it always.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Received a 30 minute flight as a birthday gift. After a detailed pre-flight briefing, we were wheel up in a beautiful example of a WW2 trainer. My instructor/pilot let me fly the plane through aerobatic maneuvers with his close guidance. Incredible, Highly recommended experience of a lifetime.

Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Aerobatics Over Orlando”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

What and awesome day at Warbirds with Neal Sands. Flew a WW2 SNJ (Harvard outside U.S.; also Texan T6) and 45 minutes aerobatics at 6,000' south of Orlando. Awesome! It's been 12 years since I last flew and probably 40+ years since I did any aerobatics. We flew formation with another T6 from takeoff until we reached the restricted area over DisneyWorld, then we broke south to the training area. Aileron rolls, loops, hesitation rolls, barrel rolls, Immelmans, Cuban 8s....this reminded me how much I LOVE (and miss) flying.
The team at Warbirds are great and even if your want to hang out at the museum and check out some cool planes...this is a MUST DO stop for anyone who has an 'itch' to get up and away!