Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
1/2 hour flight

This was an amazing experience for my husband, he loved every minute and will never forget this... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
hayleigh h
Auckland
via mobile
Highly Exhilarating

I was extremely fortunate to receive a flight on the T-6 Texan as a gift. I had learnt to fly on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Peter W

All reviews minute flight barrel rolls flying experience ww ii once in a lifetime fantastic flight formation flying air museum highly recommended experience great museum video footage small museum great instructor amazing experience on display warbirds thom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wow, what a superb experience. My brother and I flew in two T6 Texan's with Neil (my pilot) and Thom (brothers pilot) in formation right from point of take-off. Amazing to be up in the air side by side waving at each other, wingtip to wingtip (well almost)
Blue sky with puffy clouds and great visibility added to the experience.
After flying together for 10 mins we parted company for aerobatics (which is an option when booking) First time I'd ever done this and was quite nervous but Neil talked us through the manoeuvers and constantly checked my 'well being'...All rolls, loops etc. very nicely done, smooth and thoroughly enjoyable.
Watching the second Texan coming in towards us from behind was just like something out of the movies.
If you get the chance to go up in a pair with a friend/relative I thoroughly recommend it..There's just nothing like it....I was simply blown away:)
The DVD came out great as well...
Thank you Thom, Neil and the staff for an experience my brother and I will always remember..

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The list of superlatives I could write about this experience are endless !!!
We have just returned from our family holiday in Florida and 2 weeks since my Warbird experience - I'm still buzzin !!
I took the option of an aerobatic ride in the Texan, piloted by Buck. Talked through it stage by stage, he demonstrated the aerobatic manoevers and then let me take the controls and do it for myself. This was my 51st birthday present so not just for the young ones to try ! if you are an adrenaline junky like me, give it a go, a truly amazing experience and the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. thank you so much to all the team, especially to Buck who made me feel 100% safe the whole time and made my Birthday the most memorable I have ever had, where else could you take the controls of a WW2 aircraft !!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Aerobatic flight in the AT-6 was GREAT!!!

The flight instructor Buck excellent and gave me the experience of a lifetime. When you can do what you see the pilots do at an airshow, it is unbelievable. Also the experience of flying a World War II training aircraft plus you get to do the aerobatics yourself however my maneuvers were not as smooth as Buck's. The staff we met were friendly and helpful and touring the museum was interesting. They looked after the family very well while I was off flying the plane. We got to watch the DVD after the flight and also had a copy to show everyone back home. Overall a truly amazing experience and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have to say that this was the highlight of my vacation. The flight instructor, Thom, was very informative and funny, which was good considering that this was my first time. It helped me to relax. When I did it was the most amazing experience I've had. Like my title, just try it and you'll see.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My lovely wife gave me this T-6 Aerobatic ride for my 50th birthday and it was, to use an overused phrase, completely AWESOME! I am a private pilot with 31 years of flying experience so I was coming to this ride with probably different expectations than a typical non pilot on holiday in Central Florida. What I found at Warbird Adventures was a very friendly and engaging group of consummate professionals who were clearly committed to giving every customer a very personalized experience. They were very organized and clearly had the safety and comfort of their guests as their first priority. The pilots of these historic aircraft were extremely adept at tailoring the experience to each individuals aptitudes and tolerances while encouraging the passenger to push their limits and make the most of the experience, again, real pro's. The airplanes were well maintained and clean and the pilots clearly knew how to take care of them in any unusual situation the passenger might get them into. I would very highly recommend Warbird Adventures to anyone who wants to get a real "in the seat" experience of what it was like to learn to fly during World War 2, pilot or non pilot. I would also recommend them to anyone who wants to experience the thrill of "hands on" basic aerobatic flying. The camera setup in these airplanes is really excellent and the photos and videos are worth every penny as is the ride. Flying with these folks was the most fun I have had in an airplane in the last 10 years!