“Coolest experience ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warbird Adventures

Warbird Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Soar across Florida's cloudless blue sky in a two-seater plane that served as the premier fighter-trainer of World War II.
Chicoutimi, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Coolest experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Hélène and I had the privilege of flying with Thom and John on the morning of june 22nd, and we had a blast. That experience will be engraved in our memories forever.

After so many years in business, it would be very easy for the instructors and ground personnel to treat this as just another tourist ride, relying instead on the magnificent warbirds to impress their customers. But from the moment we went through the front door everyone we came in contact with were very friendly and really went out of their way to make sure that those thirty minutes were something really special for both of us to remember. The two instructors were easygoing and friendly during the flight and we could see how much they love to fly and how important it was for them that we enjoyed the experience. They were especially sensitive to our personal limits and were able to give us as much thrill as possible without going overboard and make us sick. Both flights were perfectly tailored to us individually. It takes real professionalism to do that the way they did.

It’s funny that in the end, those beautiful airplanes were only accessories. It’s the passion of those flying them that really made the occasion special.

(We chose a half-hour flight with aerobatics and video recording. It was a good choice.)

Visited June 2011

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great flying and natural air conditioning! Loop the loop and roll. Fantastic ride, very well maintained machines and skilled pilots. Friendly and professional

Barrie, Canada
“Love Airplanes? Go Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

A great chance to get up close to a great collection of aircraft ranging from AT6s to an AEROCAR. Absolutely the best attraction in Kissimmee. We enjoyed the static displays and conversations with the informative friendly staff. This place is great.
In Canada we have Vintage Wings, in Florida this is the place.

Visited May 2011
Everett, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best Florida has to offer! Great time!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

Ok, for all you pilots and non-pilots… If you have a love for flying, this is the place to go!!! It is NOT a simulator, you really do get to fly a WWII T-6 trainer plane. This is an experience you will never forget and for most, a once in a lifetime chance to do something you may never get to do again. They made it simple, fun and enjoyable. I never dreamed of flying something like that, to sum it up “Amazing.”

Where to start….

I’ve always had a love of flying, I’ve even managed to put my hands on the controls of a couple small planes, but mostly I’ve used a computer simulator… That was all good and great, but this is the best!! I will never look at my simulator the same…

When I arrived, I was treated like an old friend, we talked and Chuck (Instructor) told me about the plane and it’s history (very cool stuff). Chuck did the preflight and then we were off and running. It wasn’t “Ok, I have the controls, you sit back and I will do the work.” It was “Ok, this is how you do it, you have the controls.”

I was a little surprised and nervous after take off when I had the controls, but Chuck walked me through turns, climbing, descending and all the basic stuff I needed. It wasn’t just “fun”, but the most awesome time I’ve ever had! The feeling is unreal, to control something with so much power is great. I asked Chuck a couple of times which way he wanted me to go, his reply “Your flying, go where you want.” OH MY GOD, I was in charge and loving it!

We did a roll, but being old and never having a love for rollercosters, that did not sit well with my stomach. If it wasn’t for my stomach, I would have done rolls all day long, the feeling is great (that isn’t what my stomach was saying). I told Chuck I didn’t think my stomach could handle another one. Chuck said “Not a problem, we want this to be the best time you’ve have, you can do what you want.” He didn’t push me to try again, or laugh or anything else, he just wanted what was best for me and for me to have a great time… Trust me, I did!!

I can’t speak for the rest of the staff (as far as flying, but I would guess they are the same), but if they are anything like Chuck, you have the perfect attraction to visit. I flew for an hour, yes it cost, but you will never regret it. I wish I had the time (and money) to do it for two or three hours (my wife would have killed me) I would have in a heartbeat!

Video and pictures…
Do NOT make the mistake of not taking advantage of the videos and still pictures! I purchased both and it is simply amazing! They have three video cameras, one facing you in the cockpit, one on the wing and one mounted on the tail. The video is amazing! At one point Chuck said he wanted to show me something. We flew by a large cloud off the left wing. As we did Chuck told me to look left. There on the cloud was a rainbow with a perfect shadow of the T-6 in the middle. That image came out on the video and looks awesome! My wife and I watched it and she couldn’t believe what she was seeing (neither could I). The still photos are so cool and Chuck even through a surprise with that, no, I won’t tell you what it is but I guarantee you will like it.

This is a win, win attraction, you can’t go wrong. Next time were in Florida I will save the money for a couple of hours… I really suggest going for an hour if you can, you will not regret it!!!

Before we left Florida we mailed a bunch of stuff home including the video and still photos Chuck took. I will post the pictures they took before take off and when I get the others I will post them to.

Jake,
Everett Washington

Visited April 2011
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

First ever flight in an old warbird, had two separate half hours in Texan 1 with Chuck one of the instructors.
Did aerobatics and most of the flying.
Will definately do it again!!

Visited April 2011