“Lighty Nice place,great staff”

Sulaf Hotel LBV South
Ranked #113 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at Red Roof in on two separate occasions. The rooms were very clean and neat. The entire staff were always helpful and polite. The only problem I had was the standard rooms did not have a refrigerator,microwave, and coffee maker but that was okay since we mainly ate out. Overall, I will stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: If you need good wifi connection, ask ahead of time to check the wifi connections in the room prior...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lillian l

Reviewed June 1, 2014

first off i'm a redicard member and need to be treated like a valued guest. I wanted a non smoking room,got smoking,granted the room had fridge and micro,the furniture was very old,the ice machines did not work,neither did the telephone. Out of the 3 days ,i was there the pool was filthy 2 of the 3. This property has a jacuzzi which,that and the price is the only thing good. The lobby is small,coffee/tea were horrible,and again the staff are terrible. So worried about people stealing their crap. Had to ask for an iron,even had to ask for toilet paper twice.One towel per person,and they give u grief if u ask for xtra. I stayed the prev night at The sister RR in Dundee 30 min away the night before. It's about 12 .00 More doing the week and LESS on Fri and Sat. I can't Believe This Kissimmee Property Got a Higher Rating on TA. Just Ridiculuos. The Dundee Property which i also reviewed is Better Definitly. The Only Things This hotel has going for again is the price,and the jacuzzi and the location,The beds were hard,lumpy and uncomftorable and the a/c leaked. I asked for a first floor room got 2nd. (the hotel has 3 floors,and does have an elevator) Can't beat the price and Location,Go if your pinching pennies and wanna be close to Disney,oldtown Kissimmee,and the many Restaurants,if comfort and Staff are utmost stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi is a Def Surprise for a budget property,staff rude,Pool filthy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The best thing about this Red Roof property is the price. For slightly under $40, it offers a cheap place to stay for a night. So here's my experience...

1. While checking in, someone reported a broken sprinkler head to the front desk staff. The only problem? They did not have a maintenance person on site to deal with it.

2. I was given two keys to my unit. Neither worked. I went back to the front desk and they discovered that my room needed a hard key. Why? No one had replaced the battery in the lock.

3. When I went to turn on the television, I discovered there was no remote in the unit. Another trip to the front desk. By the way, the stations are very limited and the reception is poor.

Would I stay here again? I doubt it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank yogimax
Reviewed May 21, 2014

There should be a Zero rating for property like this. You are being warned, do not stay here. I booked a room through Hotels.com, everything was appoved, the hotel confirmed the room was available.Bait and switch. When I got to the hotel, they decided to refuse to honor the rate I booked at, and a employee, thats said she was a manager name April, tried to up sale me saying the room i booked wasnt available, only a King size, smoking was left. Once she schemed on Hotels.com to make them pay more...I was placed in the original room I booked, the one they claimed was sold out, a double non smoking. The room was dirty and smelled of urine. I didn't feel safe, especially knowing the front desk clerk was a crook. I will be contacting Red Roof corporate to let them know what type of people are representing there brand. Thanks April and Red Roof for making my stay horrible.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Franklin G
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Will make this honest and quick. I am a REDICard member. Checked-in on Monday night, April 14, 2014. We got a second floor room. The only good thing about this room is the airconditioner and the strong water pressure coming out from the shower. It has linens like it hasn't been washed for months. Bathroom was ok. Sink is clean. Room is wood floor but looks like it hasn't been mopped at all since it was installed. I am not happy with the pillows either. Used our sleeping bags to spend the nights. Parking area feels unsafe when I was there.. Dimly lit on one side closer to the street.
Never complained because most of the time we were in Disney and Universal anyway. Thursday morning, April 17, 2014 (around 8 am) . Our room was in DND the whole duration that we stayed, I asked the woman at the desk if I could have a tissue, she was talking over the phone so she asked me to go get it at the laundry room. Went to the laundry room but nobody was there, get back to her and that was the time she went to the laundry room . You could tell that she was annoyed by it. Then we checked-out. The price was really cheap that I got on-line but I would rather have spent more if I only knew that that was the room and the kind of service that I am getting . As an expediter I've stayed in different RED ROOF Inns along the east coast states, they have nice rooms and smart employees, but this one and the very first time that I am rating it as POOR. If you have an employee who would rather spend more time over the phone and asked a guest to go inside a room that is for "employees only", that is POOR service. Sorry they should change their name to POOR Service ROOF Inn.

Room Tip: I don't know what kind of tip that I can give you but basing on the room that I've stayed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank AikenJoshAndrew
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for a week a little over a week ago and had a very pleasant experience. Everything worked properly and while I am easy to please, I had no complaints. Fast forward one week where I stayed for two days and I will never stay here again. I've stayed at Red Roof Inn 4 times since January and was really starting to build a fondness for it until this most recent stay.

Firstly: the wi-fi. It's costing me $10 on my Verizon data plan to write this review while I sit in this room, for more than 16 hours now without wi-fi access. I called the front desk who told me six hours ago they were going to "reset the router". Well clearly that didn't do anything. I am here on business and it's a complete joke that I need to use my cell phone data plan to do my work when I specifically chose this hotel for having wi-fi. They seem to treat it as a "luxury". They are in the service industry and I expect service.

Secondly, and while this would not normally bother me, I am pissed enough at the lack of services now to let it all out.

They claim the rooms are "renovated". Much in the sense your house was renovated in 1998. They claim flat screen TVs, when both of the rooms I've stayed in have had tube TVs. Not a problem, except the TV in this room is so screwed up, all you see is a rainbow of misaligned colors. It gave me a headache.

The flooring can't be any newer than 2-3 years old and everytime someone drags a chair or table across it, it resonates through the whole damn building.

I was fortunate enough to have a new-fangled (1995) keycard roomkey, but when I went to get my renew my reservation, I was asked if my lock worked and if I had a manual key with a whole plethora of 1980s-style physical keys laid out. I guess if they can't even afford to change the batteries on the locks, my hopes are WAY too high to expect internet access. And when I was here before, although I was satisfied, the internet speeds about about dial-up (0.18Mbps download, 0.07Mbps upload). Forget about anything unless you're just sending a one line note home to mom.

The shower in my room dribbles out and leaves so much to be desired. I'm better off standing outside underneath the awning to take a shower.

This whole place is a joke. I once had respect for this chain, but they have completely thrown all of that respect out the window with my most recent stay and I will not be back. They can't even get the most basic amenities right. It's sad when I can walk next door and hop on the Howard Johnson wi-fi just fine. All in all, "sad" just describes this place in general. Unless you live under a rock and need no connection to the outside world, can handle noise and pathetic water pressure, and an air conditioner that works part-time, you are wasting your money. This place gives the entire chain a bad name, but I don't plan on staying with them anywhere, period anymore and have already made my concerns known to the home office.

Pete Szerszen

Room Tip: Room 223 seemed to be okay. First floor rooms have adhesive leaching up through the poorly installed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DetroitMooner
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to Florida for spring break and decided to stay here because of its low price and good deal for a King size bed room. The pool was nasty and dirty and no one swam in it but everyone was very nice and accommodating and the room and bathroom was nice an clean. And they even gave us a 20% discount for staying more than 3 nights! I will absolutely be going back! And also it had 24/7 desk service which is a huge plus because i arrived around 1am and is around a lot of tourist attractions such as wonder works, ripleys believe it or not, fun spot, and many restaurants. Great for couples too very quiet at night and includes room cleaning service if you want it.

• Stayed: March 2014