“What a difference a week makes -- in completely turning me away from this chain!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #110 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for a week a little over a week ago and had a very pleasant experience. Everything worked properly and while I am easy to please, I had no complaints. Fast forward one week where I stayed for two days and I will never stay here again. I've stayed at Red Roof Inn 4 times since January and was really starting to build a fondness for it until this most recent stay.

Firstly: the wi-fi. It's costing me $10 on my Verizon data plan to write this review while I sit in this room, for more than 16 hours now without wi-fi access. I called the front desk who told me six hours ago they were going to "reset the router". Well clearly that didn't do anything. I am here on business and it's a complete joke that I need to use my cell phone data plan to do my work when I specifically chose this hotel for having wi-fi. They seem to treat it as a "luxury". They are in the service industry and I expect service.

Secondly, and while this would not normally bother me, I am pissed enough at the lack of services now to let it all out.

They claim the rooms are "renovated". Much in the sense your house was renovated in 1998. They claim flat screen TVs, when both of the rooms I've stayed in have had tube TVs. Not a problem, except the TV in this room is so screwed up, all you see is a rainbow of misaligned colors. It gave me a headache.

The flooring can't be any newer than 2-3 years old and everytime someone drags a chair or table across it, it resonates through the whole damn building.

I was fortunate enough to have a new-fangled (1995) keycard roomkey, but when I went to get my renew my reservation, I was asked if my lock worked and if I had a manual key with a whole plethora of 1980s-style physical keys laid out. I guess if they can't even afford to change the batteries on the locks, my hopes are WAY too high to expect internet access. And when I was here before, although I was satisfied, the internet speeds about about dial-up (0.18Mbps download, 0.07Mbps upload). Forget about anything unless you're just sending a one line note home to mom.

The shower in my room dribbles out and leaves so much to be desired. I'm better off standing outside underneath the awning to take a shower.

This whole place is a joke. I once had respect for this chain, but they have completely thrown all of that respect out the window with my most recent stay and I will not be back. They can't even get the most basic amenities right. It's sad when I can walk next door and hop on the Howard Johnson wi-fi just fine. All in all, "sad" just describes this place in general. Unless you live under a rock and need no connection to the outside world, can handle noise and pathetic water pressure, and an air conditioner that works part-time, you are wasting your money. This place gives the entire chain a bad name, but I don't plan on staying with them anywhere, period anymore and have already made my concerns known to the home office.

Pete Szerszen

Room Tip: Room 223 seemed to be okay. First floor rooms have adhesive leaching up through the poorly installed...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DetroitMooner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to Florida for spring break and decided to stay here because of its low price and good deal for a King size bed room. The pool was nasty and dirty and no one swam in it but everyone was very nice and accommodating and the room and bathroom was nice an clean. And they even gave us a 20% discount for staying more than 3 nights! I will absolutely be going back! And also it had 24/7 desk service which is a huge plus because i arrived around 1am and is around a lot of tourist attractions such as wonder works, ripleys believe it or not, fun spot, and many restaurants. Great for couples too very quiet at night and includes room cleaning service if you want it.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Melanie R
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have stayed at this pet-friendly Red Roof before and enjoyed our 5 days here again. The staff are wonderful and Monica Hill who handles the front desk assignment professionally made our stay even better. We always seem to need extra towells and she made sure housekeeping left extras every day. While the new office/reception is still under construction Monica's smile and willingness to really help when needed was what made the difference. I always think hotel associates who really know customer service should be brought into management so other staff may benefit from their positive attitude and customer service strengths.

Room Tip: We prefer top floor as we love quiet. However the hotel is concrete so not a big issue.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed in other red roof inns before and this one was the worst. First the night I got there I had a terrible time getting in my room because the key card reader on the door is as I was told "tricky". I went to use there wifi it sucks you seriously have to guess which one is actually going to work, and there were many times I would get kicked off because the signal wasnt good. The room wasnt the best, it was small but it was just me. The walls paper thin could here the people in the room next to mine. The tv was terrible very limited on the channels there were many nights I would be flipping thru the channels and there was nothing on. I was booked for 2 weeks you would think they would at least give me a room with a refrigerator and a microwave...nope forcing me to either eat cold soup or eat out..water smelled terrible like sulfur, now I just moved to the area I know there is a way to get rid of that nasty smell in the water the apartments do it. Staff members were polite. Pool was ok. Beds were ok. No bugs. Lighting was poor for the room had to have every light on. a/c was crap area wasnt bad. Wouldnt recommend if you have time to actually look for a better deal but if your in a pinch I would say try it out.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nyffemt

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My recent stay at the Red Roof in Kissimmee, FL was very enjoyable. It was centrally located which was a plus. The staff were very polite and helpful, especially Monyca! I would definitly stay there again!

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms are poolside.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews in this hotel I wasn't sure what to expect. That's why I try to make my own judgement. Checking in went well except very slow. The room did have hardwood floors but I actually like it better. You can see what's there. Checked for bed bugs - found none. Had to ask for hand towel & wash cloth. Did not have cups in plastic so we didn't use them. Would probably stay again

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had booked for a week, however cancelled the remaining 6 days after staying only one night.
Not at all like the description that was given on their website. We booked directly through the Red Roof site and were led to believe the room was spacious and upgraded, including a flat screen TV and free WiFi. We arrived at the hotel to find a very run-down, shabby building with very poorly kept grounds. Our room was so small (and it was supposed to be the 'supreme king room') we had trouble moving around in it. The wifi did not work at all. We had to drive to the library in Celebration to use their wifi. The furniture was old and beat up and the television was a big old tube style. Only good thing was the bed.
Pay attention to the reviews and do NOT book here! Try Champion's World. It's so much better for pretty much the same price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple