“Shuttle bus, microwave and refrigerator”

Sulaf Hotel LBV South
Ranked #113 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are some major drawbacks for staying at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South.

Shuttle bus has either come in an hour late or never come. Red roof Inn has contract with International bus line to pick up its hotel customers at 7:25 am and 10:45 am everyday. But, Red roof doesn’t request Bus driver (a feather weight African) to sign or initial when he comes to pick up customers. Therefore, he tends to forget to pick us up. The bus driver came in at 12 pm on 4/4/13 after the receptionist contract the bus line operator twice. The bus driver completely didn’t show up at 7:25 am on 4/7/13. It ended up by we waited for a good 45 minutes and drove to Magic Kingdom ourselves. It is nothing but wasting our time....

There is a $10 fees for the room with microwave and refrigerator. This is called the DELUXE ROOM from Red Roof Inn. There is a joke...There are plenty of budget Motels/ Motor Inn at Kissimmee area such as Knight Inn, Econo lodge, Master Inn, Rodge way inn....are in the some price range or category with Red Roof Inn. BUT they offered a better services on shuttle bus services and room with mircrowave and refrigerator. Some of them even offered limited /basic free breakfast. DELUXE ROOM from Red Roof inn ? It really not worth it.

Red Roof Inn was caught on fire or have some major water damage weeks ago. They are using one of the downstairs guest room next to the parking lot as the lobby. When we were waiting for the shuttle bus, the receptionist (Mr. Muhammad) was there with us. When we got upset, he was there to comfort us and made several phone calls to the bus line. When the bus line operator lied to Mr. Muhammad for saying guests were not there for picking up on 4/7/13 on 7:25 am, the receptionist defend us by telling the bus line operator that he was there with us since 7:10 am and no bus showed up. This is so called GREAT PERSONNEL services from the Red Roof. We greatly appreciated What Mr. Muhammad has done for us.

Management will probably respond to this post. But damage has already made and people don't come to Orlando often. We deserved a promised "on time" shuttle bus and room with microware and refrigerator. Please choose wisely...and don't made the same mistake we did.

You got what you are paying for. Red Roof Inn, I really don't think so.

Room Tip: Don't go there. Not worth it
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank slee27699
sgraza, Manager at Sulaf Hotel LBV South, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize for inconvenience you faced due to shuttles service. We have contacted the service provider and they are making appropriate changes and training their staff so they can sign in and out when they pick guests from our hotel.

Please contact me directly, if you have any other concerns via email redroofkissimmee@gmail.com and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Again, I apologize with shuttle bus service, I hope it will not prevent you from giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I read about the fire and called about my reservation. They reassured me that there would be no problems, but the damage was more severe than I expected. Half the motel was closed and blocked off, and the room next to mine had boarded-up windows. The office was moved to a guest room, but the staff were helpful and pleasant. Also positive, there was a new wall-mounted flat-screen (no HD though), along with a microwave and mini-fridge. Room condition and housekeeping were poor:

• The headboard had fallen off the wall and was laying behind the bed
• No coffee with the single-cup coffee maker, any of my three nights
• Two shampoo packets, no replacements the next two nights
• Empty soda cans and other trash not removed during service

Even though it’s been a month since the fire, there are no obvious repairs taking place. With lots of low-price motels in the area, I sense that RRI plans to shut down this property soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark-nole
sgraza, Manager at Sulaf Hotel LBV South, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize that you didnt receive appropriate service from our housekeeping department. I will address it with our staff there at the the hotel.

I also want to update that we are diligently working behind the scenes to on fire damaged section, even though there may not be any physical activity for next few weeks, our engineers, contractors and insurance department is working on drawings, permits etc to get construction started. We have full plans of opening the full hotel back again, as you can imagine these things do take time to run through proper channels and authorities.

We also have plans to update our guest room furniture in next few months. We hope that you will be able to see all improvements in very near future. We hope to see you soon staying back again with us.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have Stayed in Red Roof Inns in other states but was very disappointed in this one, Although the rooms we had were renovated, i felt that renovations were not completed. A motel, with a great location i expected more. The website offered free Continental Breakfast, but we were told that wasn't on the website that changed back in December. So we showed the young lady the website, Left her speechless, Also the picture of the Hotel on the website, is defintely not the same building we stayed in. Other things hot tub not available, heated pool, only heated during the day when the sun is out. Renovated rooms the wood laminate flooring is nice, but maybe it should go under the beds as well, We wanted rooms with a walk through door, and were told we could have adjoining rooms, but again do to the fact that one room that connected to ours was considered deluxe because it had a frige and micro, we could not have that one for the rest of our family. it also offers a flat screen TV in every room, the only Flat about the big bulky tube television was the surface it sat on. Really!!! Advertising things that you don't have is deceitful practices, punishable by law. In which in attorney general would have no problem pursuing. And i am sure that the Kids doing the hotel laundry, is probably not legal either.... Maybe if someone had told me that the place had a fire a few days ago, when i was checking in, i would have understood, more but i had a hard time trying to understand the construction workers staring at my 14 year old daughter and her cousin while they were swimming.I hope, that management, takes these reviews seriously, because its a shame that a motel in such a prime location. is not living. up to the Standards it is advertising.. I am going to continue my stay here, because i only have to more days. But maybe when this place is completely done and has the amenities it promises, the management would offer me a free night in the future, to try to retain my business. My stay started 3/29 and i am still here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jeff b

Dear Guest,

I apologize sincerely that we didnt live upto your expectations during your stay. Please call me at hotel or write to me at i0204@redroof.com with your contact information and I will make sure that we take care of you and address all of your concerns.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I always have good experiences at red roofs and wasn't able to stay here because of a fire the day before i was to check in. But I travelled all day and didn't get to Kissimmee till almost 11pm and went to check into my hotel, but found out it was closed because of a fire. . I'm glad everyone was ok, but the company should have sent out a email to people who had made reservations at the hotel. So i had to look for a new hotel at 11pm. You can still go online and book a room right now.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I apologize that we couldnt accomodate you during your visit to Orlando area due to fire at our hotel. However we did try to contact all arriving guests via phone and email, again I apologize if we were not able to get in touch with you.

We hope that for your next trip to Orlando area you will allow us to serve you.

Hotel Management

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have read good reviews & bad reviews about this Red Roof Inn...Let me give you my experience...When checking in in the middle of the afternoon Brenda had about 3 different reservations trying to check in at the same time...She was very polite and gave each of us a warm welcome..Woke up in the middle of the night and went down stairs for coffee that they have on hand 24 hrs & met the Night Auditor by the name of Deniece.While waiting for fresh coffee I inquired about directions for a couple of different of places...She was so helpful with detailed directions that I didn't even need to use my GPS...LOL..The rooms were very nice and clean..Would recommend this hotel to anyone...Hope to visit again soon...I wish other hotels had a staff that went out of their way for the guest..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Sulaf Hotel LBV South, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for allowing us to host you during your recent trip to Orlando area. We strive to provide 5 star service without the 5 star rates, we will love to have you and your friends back at our hotel any time.

We continue to make improvements to our hotel and are renovating guest rooms and lobby area again this year. We will be replacing all guest room furniture with new modern and sleek furniture by end of this year.

Please contact us for more updates and reservations.

Thank you.

Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Vacationing in Kissimmee/Orlando, My family and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn. Brenda was on duty & provided us with excellent customer service. The rooms were VERY clean and the housekeeping staff gave A1 hospitality... After a couple of days the hotel caught fire while we were at Disney... We returned late and noticed that there were no lights on or cars on the parking lot...Deniece the Night Auditor greeted us and explained what happened..She politely escorted us to our room & made sure that ALL of our things were not damaged...They relocated us to another Red Roof Inn...Thank you Red Roof Inn Kissimmee, for such a caring staff..We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your understanding and recognition of service provided to you by our staff members Deniece and Brenda. We cannot thank you enough for your understanding and encouraging words, we do apologize for the inconvenience due to fire, we will love to have you back and serve you again.

With best regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family & I were along way from home. Our flight was delayed, the car rental service was chaos, not having our car rental reservation, here I am already wanting to go home. We finally got to the hotel, ME not in a great mood, just wanting the day to end, came accross Deniece. Her attitude and personality changed my way of thinking. I went from a BAD mood to being very GRATEFUL. My children loved her right off the bat. She got us checked-in and situated for the rest of the night. The next morning I went down and there was FRESH coffee..The housekeeping was AWESOME and so was the rest of the staff.. Needless to say the rest of our trip was AMAZING..The Red Roof Inn Staff made us feel a part of..This was our 1st trip the the U.S. & we can't wait to visit again. One week just wasn't long enough....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Please contact us for more updates and reservations.

Thank you.