“DO NOT stay here”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #111 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels while traveling and i have to say this is the worse one i been to, and i have stayed at motel 6 and other low grade motels. I did not get any sleep at all, the fire alarms kept going off all night then we were kicked out of our rooms and when we finally got back in it was time to check out and mind u i was in my third trimester of pregnancy and with a child that has severe medical problems. i got no apology, no refund or no free night. i have tried contacting them 3 times and get no response.

Room Tip: i wouldnt stay at this location period, maybe a different location but not this one
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank melissa c
sgraza, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We had an actual fire in a guest room when you stayed with us last August, this was common knowledge to all guest present that day, I am sure you the emergency personnel on site. Our emergency fire alarm system did what it s suppose to do, to alert guests and vacate premises. We had apologized to every guest for inconvenience and all guests understood that it was an accident in a guest room and were very understanding of the issue and thankful that our emergency system was upto date and functional.

I apologize to you for your inconvenience, but we dont issue refunds for situations beyond our control or acts of nature. We will be happy to accommodate you for your future stay if you contact us directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I were on vacation and due to lack of planning had not made reservations for lodging.Upon arriving in the area we found several hotels however most were places I was not comfortable having my wife and children stay at. After at least six other hotels I came to the red roof inn. Reluctantly I went inside. Due to the quality of the other hotels in the area I was not expecting much. I was frusterated and tired to say the least. The lady at the front desk, lindsay, turned my day around instantly. Her attitude and demeanor was the thing I needed. I had told her about my trip and immediately asured me I had found the rite spot she showed me a room and I was very impressed it was clean and just what we needed. I was so happy to find a nice place my whole attitude changed. We will definitely. Be back

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in a suite which I highly recommend
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steve p
sgraza, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Steve,

Thank you for allowing to serve you and host you at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that Lindsay provided excellent service and was able help turn around your day, she will definetely recognized for her professionalism and effort.

We look forward to you returning and staying with us again hopefully in near future.

Thank you again.

Syed Raza

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spent two nights here December 8-9, 2012. And while I was impressed with the laminate floor upgrades within guest suites, I was disappointed by the ongoing key card errors delaying and sometimes preventing room access. It would take 5-15 minutes for the door slider to recognize and read the key card. I found the issue not only a nuisance, but a safety hazard as well. When questioned, front desk personnel had little explanation for the cause, but most importantly was unable to resolve the issue. Also, Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South offers on-site guest laundry as an ammenity. Unfortunately, no change machine is provided onsite and front desk was also unable to provide change for ammenity use. I was instructed by staff to use the drink machines to obtain quarters and even worse, it was suggested that I leave the property (walk across the street to Publix Supermarket) and request change for a $10 bill from customer service desk. A guest should not EVER be asked to inconvenience themselves in order to make use of a hotel/motel offered and provided ammenity. I attribute this great lack of customer service to hired hotel/motel staff and not a reflection of Red Roof Inn Policy or Procedure as a whole.

Will I stay again? Yes. Will I bring change (quarters) with me? Most Definitely! The palm trees and poolside were absolutely gorgeous and it IS Florida, afterall. Who's NOT willing to deal with a minor inconvenience to enjoy a couple night's stay in The Sunshine State?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dawne R

Dear Dawne R,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I have spoken with the staff members with need to provide and keep on hand appropriate amount of change for our guests needs and this will not be a problem moving forward.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your safe return to our hotel. Please contact us directly at hotel for any questions or reservation needs.

Thank you.

Syed Raza

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Selected a renovated room at an extra fee, expecting good conditions. Renovation did not include furnishings or fixtures, found myself disappointed. Inn is located well, area is walkable and serviced with good options. Clean, quiet and safe with good value makes a basic 3-rating. Room features show hard wear and rough use. Furniture and fixtures truly need renovation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Beaker47

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have just concluded our first phase of renovations, which included new new flooring in all guest rooms, new bedding package, flat screen TV's, all guest room freshly painted, exterior painting and landscaping.

Second phase which includes new guest room furniture and vanity / bathrooms updates will commence in fourth quarter of this year.

We hope to see you before or after our phase two improvements has taken place, we are confident that you will be pleasantly surprised with look and quality of our new furnishings.

Please keep us in your plans for your next visit to Orlando area.

Respectfully,

Hotel Management

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a Red roof inn so don't expect luxury, but the hotel is perfect if you're planning to spend most of your time in the parks. The price that I got was really good so I can't complain much. The biggest disappointment was that the morning breakfast was discontinued and there was no broadcast about it. The front desk said it's because management is planning to change the menu, but that didn't sound like a good reason to stop the old menu when the new one was not ready. The bathroom door was broken and so didn't close properly. Other than that there were no problems and housekeeping was on time and clean. They have a ticket counter at the reception who sell cheap tickets and also buy your unused tickets back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Well as always this inn was clean and the staff so helpful and kind. It is close 7 miles to Seaworld, Discovery cove and Aquatica. It is about an hour ride or so to Busch Gardens. There is a Publix market and Burger King across the street and a Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Bob Evans restaurant in the same parking lot as the inn. There are many businesses so close it is great too many to name. Thank you Red Roof for another great vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: there is a laundry room on the premises but no fitness center and the restaurants are so close
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed December 27, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank S W