“The best affordable place”

Magic Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #100 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Dallas, Texas
“The best affordable place”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is a wonderful family hotel !!!!
I spent Christmas and New Year's there with my wife, my two nieces (11 years old), and our baby boy (11 months old).
The hotel is nothing outstanding, but the PRICE, LOCATION, and SERVICE are absolutely a HUGE PLUS.
The owner and his employees went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and happy. Since the moment I made the reservations by phone to our last day there, they treated us with so much friendliness and warmth.
They put a crib in our room (NO EXTRA CHARGE). It was old but in good shape and our son totally loved it.
We had a small room and we were tight in space, but we managed. After all, we were there to see Mickey Mouse at the parks, we never intended to spend time at the hotel.
The room was almost perfect. The first room we tried, smelled weird and they switched us immediately to another with a better carpet. Besides, the bed was terrible, but once again, the owner immediately switch matresses... they did everything to please us.
The pool looks clean. We did not try it just because the weather was too cold. But I'm sure in Spring or Summer you can jump there after visiting the parks to refresh yourself before going to bed. You need to cross the parking lot to get to the pool, that's kind of bizarre, but I think it's worth it.
The location is wonderful. We were close enough to return to the room some days to take a nap before returning to the parks rested.
it is right in the middle of this long street filled with restaurants and shops. Less than a block away you have a nice and cheap Chinese Buffet and a Cici's Pizza.
They offer a simple breakfast (included in the price) with milk, fake-juice, cereals, bread, jelly, and coffee. More than enough to start our day and get going.
One more time, the staff was so alert about anything we needed, and they kept cleaning the breakfast area every few minutes. You can eat in your room or in a small sitting area. We had a fridge and a microwave in the room. Very handy, we prepared sandwiches and had dinner there.
If you want to save money in a big way, and you are ready to accept a frugal life for a few days, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
If you have money to spend, or you're too picky, go somewhere else. You will not like this place.
Even though it is so inexpensive, the owner manages to keep nasty people out. There are many families with children and the environment is really nice.
There is a helicopter pad right in front... but we only saw one helicopter while we were there, and actually it was fun to see.
I am planning to return to Walt Disney World in a couple of years and I will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cesaritomateos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
NY
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My family and I, we stay at this hotel every time we go to Disney. We stayed at this hotel since our son was 7 ,that was back in 2001 and since then, we have gone back 3 times and stayed there. I recomend this hotel to anyone who goes to Disney.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Geelong
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Found this little cheapie on the net and after reading the reviews decided to book. $40 a night for 3 of us including a reasonable breakfast was all we expected for our money and that is what we got. Plenty of cheap eating houses around this hotel. Bus stop straight outside the door to all theme parks and every thing else you could want. A tour desk is available at reception. A nice on site pool for cooling off which we used most days. Room was getting a little old and tired but clean enough. We used this hotel for a base to sleep for 10 nights while in the area doing all the theme parks, it was certainly adequate for this purpose.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank MelGeelong
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This one falls into the roach motel category. A clean one, but still in the motel 6, super 8 level. It was cheap, on the main drag in Kissimmee & the people running it were nice. The pool is clean but kinda detached from the motel (across the parking lot). We didn't use the play area so I can't really comment on that. Others have remarked about the lack of shampoo/conditioners, this is true, bring your own or get them from the drug store. The breakfast is bare basics...all we ever had was cereal & juice/orange drink? Overall if you're cash strapped it's a good place. Unlike some other cheapies there were no loud parties, parking lot drag races, or criminal activity. It was quiet and only other families occupied the place.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Floridahoneyblossom
Newbury UK
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We have just returned from the Magic Castle. I booked it on the excellent reviews this place has been given.
Check it out on Google Earth first! No-one mentions the Helicopter flights from beside the hotel or the go-cart racing clearly visible on the map.
The furnature and rooms are old and stained and the carpet sticky but if you can see past that the staff do keep the place clean. Every day we had clean towels and sheets and the staff were all really helpful and friendly. However our room had ants, bedbugs and cockroaches.
The location is great for Disney only 10 mins drive to Downtown where you can park for free and then use the disney buses to get to all the parks etc. The free shuttle ended over a year ago.
The breakfast is what you would expect for a cheap motel but there are many excellent places within walking distance for food and a huge Walmart just a few mins drive or 15 mins walk away.
You get what you pay for but I have stayed in many motels in the area for a similar price but of a much better standard. A member of staff told me that some of the reviews of the motel, on this site may not be genuine and if you stay there you will find out that could well be true.
This area always has plenty of rooms available and as we walked along the road many places were advertising room for $10 less per night. Next time I will go and check out the place in person before I book.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

monticello ny
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during my employment at Disney World. The rooms were clean and the prices were low. I liked the idea that the shuttle bus stopped at the hotel, and it also was around all the other attractions, and shopping outlets. The staff was friendly and always on top of something if you need something. I would consider this hotel to anyone who is looking for a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
2 Thank richie75
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This hotel was just what we wanted for a home-base on our Disney vacation.
Since you basically just use your hotel for sleeping (or passing out in after a day at Disney), we looked for a reasonably priced room/suite for our family with clean, comfortable beds and a free breakfast, with a fridge and microwave. And that's just what we got.
The service at the front desk was wonderful. We had no reservation, but had made a list of possible hotels from researching TripAdvisor, and this was near the top of the list. The front desk clerk told us he was alone, but gave us key cards to look at the rooms before agreeing to stay. He gave us the best price he could (actually showed us the price list that listed AAA and other discounts) without us even asking. The price was less than what was quoted on this site and on others we reviewed...less that $100 a night for two connecting rooms combined! and that included the ridiculous Florida taxes. Also, since we were winging it, we weren't sure exactly how many days we were going to stay, 5 or 6. We paid for 5, with the option of staying the extra day. He said he would keep the room for the extra day as long as we told him by the 5th day if we needed it or not. Although we only stayed 5, I appreciated the offer.
We have four kids, which means we need alot of space. We got 2 ground floor connected rooms, so we had 2 bathrooms, fridges and microwaves. We had a king bed in one room, and 2 fulls in the other. There was no shampoo or conditioner, only bar soap, but I always bring my own anyway, so it didn't matter. We had plenty of tissues and toilet paper, and 3 sets of towels per room. There was no coffee maker , hair dryer, iron, or other perks in the room, but when the kids went swimming the first night, and I needed extra towels because I forgot ours from home, they were quick to provide them. We had an alarm clock, but no radio, and used the wake-up call service without incident.
The pool was impeccably clean, but not heated--since we only used it once anyway that didn't really matter too much.. I think it was supposed to be heated, but since it was only in the 50's at night, daytime highs in the 70's, I have a feeling they weren't expecting too many swimmers. There was a very small, fenced off play area for kids that we didn't need, and picnic tables and grills which I thought were nice, even though we did not use them.
The free breakfast was small, only coffee, juice drinks (not real juice), donuts, cereal and toast. But it was fresh, well stocked, and unlimited. Really enough to fill us up until lunch. I would say that I was disappointed that the juice wasn't real, but no-one in my family seemed to mind. And there was very limited seating arrangements, but you could take the food to your room on trays, so that really wasn't a big issue.
I would absolutely stay in this hotel again. We travel several times a year, and I know what I like and don't like in hotels. There was room for all of us without being penalized and having to pay more for the extra kids- this is a very big draw. My entire family liked the rooms, and slept very well in the beds. Kids can be very difficult to please, but there were no complaints about the beds, pillows, towels or bathroom fixtures. Didn't see a bug, or dust, or any stains on the sheets. (have had that at other places...) The showers worked perfectly, the toilets flushed, the TV's we're big enough and the remotes worked. The air/heating units were quiet enough. And the rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day without disturbing our growing collection of stuffed animals and souvenirs. I thought the rug was pretty dirty, our white socks got black quickly. But I have had that happen at just about every hotel I've stayed at, so I wouldn't hold it against them.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family