“We enjoyed all the food here”

Kobe Japanese Steak House and Sushi
Ranked #29 of 794 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 192 & Celebration Place
Description: Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 500 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
“We enjoyed all the food here”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

OK...we had been at Disney all day and were a little hungry...so maybe this is biased...BUT, we enjoyed ALL the food here...my daughter and I enjoyed the Sushi..And my husband ordered habachi (is that the way you spell it?)...anyway, the girls ordered orange chicken and I ordered noodles....We were full and VERY happy....

Visited July 2013

Ontario, Canada
“My Husband Has Raved About this Experienced to Everyone”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have never been to one of these steak houses and were really pleased with the experience. When we arrived we were given a beeper and told it would be about a 20 minute wait. We just sat down to wait when the beeper went off and we were taken to a table. It was in a section of the restaurant which was empty so I guess we hit it right and they opened up this section. My husband, in particular, really enjoyed the meal and the fact that we were seated with other people we did not know. Nearly everyone else had been before which made us realize this place gets a lot of repeat customers. We would definitely return. We chose the hibachi setting. We had sake with our meal and it was kept warm by placing it on the side of the grill. I really appreciated this because I do not like sake that is not warm. My husband had a sushi appetizer and I had the shrimp special appetizer. Now that we have experienced the whole meal we realize that an appetizer is not needed. I chose the filet as my entree and my husband had the shrimp and scallop combo. We both thoroughly enjoyed everything. The two sauces provided were both great but we both preferred the 'white' one. Several repeat customers had asked for double on the 'white' sauce so I guess most people like it better. The ginger one is very strong and you do have to really like ginger. The only part of the meal that was bland was the rice but I think that it was typically Chinese/Japanese style, which is to say, plain. The chef was very entertaining and the meal progressed very quickly. (Oh yes, it also included soup as a first course and then salad.) Our meal came to $80 but we felt it was well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Kobe Beef”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great steak! Very attentive service. Good location and parking. Very good sushi. I recommend this Resturant. I was here two years ago too!

Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Classic Japaneese Steak House”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

All of these places are variations on a standard theme. I find the interactive atmosphere is a great way to celebrate a special occasion with younger family members who would be bored in a traditional fine restaurant. However, I have found a lot of variation in the quality of the experience. This one does it very well. The restaurant is very large with tables for those who want sushi or do not wish to wait for the hibachi. The lounge is very large and comfortable with televisions to entertain the young and the restless, but there is also a nice bar for those who prefer to wait away from the crowds of the lounge.

The food at Kobe is the same fine steak, chicken and seafood fare found in all of these establishments. The chef has to balance the cooking time of 12 different people, but our carried out the task with seeming ease. We had a few sushi rolls to start. They were good, if not anything special. Really not enough of a sampling to comment on the sushi bar. Of course showmanship is the draw of a Japanese Steak House. Our chef was a first class ham that kept the kids and the grannies in stitches. Even this jaded traveler had to smile. The cost is not insignificant $20-$30 , but one gets a lot of obviously freshly prepared food and a show.

• Visited June 2013
Florida, United States
“Not sure about this location but Kobe on Colonial Drive YUM”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Price is worth it and the dinner is amazing! Get the rewards card great way to save some money and they give out promotions all the time (Bday Anniversary Fathers Day etc...)

• Visited June 2013