“More like Dirtkins!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Thames Ditton
“More like Dirtkins!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me my husband & son stopped here for bakery , but in the end opted to eat in - it was our first time to Perkins so we didn't really know what to expect.
We waited 10 minutes or so to get seated when we were- we were put near the kitchen.
Our waitress was kinda strange- looked as though she needed a good bath!! & a bit too over friendly for my liking- made, what could of been taken as explicit comments about my husband! -( ill explain more later!)
The restaurant is dated, and smelt a bit funky , the carpets were really worn!! Everyone eating there looked miserable - this is the point were we should of turned around & left!!!
Both me & my husband ordered a club sandwhich & my son had bear shape choc chip pancake
We all ordered cola - once drinks were finished waitress came over - sat close ( nearly on his lap!) & put her arm around him! - made some comment about how good looking we all were in particular my husband!! & then went on to make a further comment that i thought i heard wrong - somewhere along the lines of ...if i was younger i would honey!!! -
I thoroughly get the US sense of humor - but this woman was starting to get my goat up!! - she went to get us more drinks, when she brought them to us the old straws were still in the them - I asked for new straws because I just had a feeling that she had sipped out of them - lol probably my husbands! -( instinct !!) - when our food came the chips were cold the club sandwhich was ok but I had been thoroughly put off my lunch by the waitress!
The icing on the cake was when we were eating & she came & sat with us ??! & started eating chips off our plates!! - this was the point where both me & my husband lost it!! Told her what we thought of her waitress skills & how bad the food was!! We paid only for my sons pancake - but realised later that kids eat free!! - the waitress tried to bribe my son with a paper bag full of bakery items - we threw them in the bin ..... The waitress even tried to follow us to our car!!
So ...my experience of Perkins or Dirtkins as my husband named it was unique & terrible !! ....but it's made a good holiday story to share with you guys ,friends & family! ;) - we laugh about it now!!

• Visited October 2012

“Dinner and pie”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we visited just before 5 O'clock there were very few people in the restaurant. We were greeted and then seated. drinks orders were taken and time given to look over the menu. we choose from the specials some including pie. Children at the end of the meal are given cookies Service was good and food was hot and wholesome.
Each time we visited the location was very quite this may have been to do with the time of the visit.
An enjoyable meal each time.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank worldeator
Baltimore, Maryland
“Awful!!!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place was a wrong choice. The waitress was very rude and after waiting for our food for over a hour. The food was cold.

Visited August 2013
west yorkshire
“good but dont bother if you are in a rush”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Always feel looked after here. Food menu have a good selection and excellent meal deals for 55+, and meal deal with free pie which I recommend. We have been for evening meal and breakfast here. The latter visit the service was 'leisurely' and not ideal when you are on your way to the theme park.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Warnesygirl
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Mainly fine”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate here twice, the first time just for a drink and their pies,which were actually very good, especially the peanut butter silk version which we loved. The second was breakfast before the parks and although there was nothing at all wrong it was unexciting and to be honest not terribly great value when compared to other options locally so in essence then I would say definitely go for a pie as they're well worth a go.

• Visited July 2013