“OMG - what a find - dont be put off by it's appearance!”
Review of Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“OMG - what a find - dont be put off by it's appearance!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We have been going to Florida since 2005 and try at least one different restaurant to the usual we eat at and had researched Garibaldis on the Internet with good reviews. We nearly didn't go in as it has a very shabby appearance from the outside - but boy what we would have missed. The food is very authentic and I had the best fajitas ever! It was so good that we went back the next night and gave our usual steakhouse a miss!

• Visited September 2011

york
“Good value and quick service”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stopped off here by chance. Service was excellent - waiter was friendly and attentive and food was produced amazingly quickly. Beer was $0.99 and Margarita was $1.99. Food was good - we chose a mixture of burritos and enchiladas. Recommended.

• Visited August 2011
Orlando
“A very solid Mexican food but very LOUD Mariachi Band.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We have been here a couple of times. We are locals and live only a few miles from this place. Overall, we have been satisfied with the food and the service, enough to come back several times. Tonight's was a great experience. We were sat down immediately even though it was a busy Friday night. The waiter was right there to help us. Our appetizer came out instantly, right on the heels of our drinks. I swear the food order came out three minutes later! I joked that they must have anticipated our order. The Chile Rellenos were amazing. Two huge... and I mean the biggest I've ever seen... chiles filled with what seemed like a pound of cheese. I have a big appetite and I could only eat one of them! I took the other one home for lunch. My wife always loves her Pork Carnitas that she gets there. We were very happy with our meals and the service.

The only drawback is the new Mariachi Band. These guys came into the restaurant at the end of our meal and they were LOUD. Like, the LOUDEST Mariachi Band I have ever heard. They were yelling and whistling and blaring their horns so loud, we were laughing at how embarrassing it all was. Now I imagine that there are some folks that just love that sort of thing. I think you have to be in the right mood for it. However, I like a nice quiet dinner, with relaxed conversation, with my lovely wife. I like to smooth the stresses of the day away while eating good food. If you must entertain your customers, I like a quiet classical/Spanish guitar playing off in the corner. I hate an eight-piece loud band surrounding the table. I don't want them there and I feel like I'm supposed to tip them or something.

We will come back naturally, but if that loud band is playing, we will turn around and go right back out the door and come back another time.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Carl S
Kissimmee, Florida
“Why so bad service lately?”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went there a couple of weeks ago. One of our favorite places and often bring friends and family there. Went there and were seated. Only one table in the entire place had people sitting at a table already. We waited for a while and nobody came to our table. Waitress and waiters hanging around talking. Another family came in and was seated. A little while later that family had the drink order taken and chips/salsa brought to their table. Still no service for us. I walked over to the woman that seated us and asked if we could get some service. Not much of a response from her and still no service. I called the restaurant by phone because I could not get someone to serve us and NOBODY EVEN ANSWERED THE PHONE! I could hear the phone ringing in the back but only the answering machine picked up so I left a message asking for service. We waited even longer and still no service, eventually we got up and left. You really dropped the ball on this one.Will not go back, at least for a while. While such a poor rating? Because you EARNED it!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Lunker_Catcher
New York City, New York
“great restaurant”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Im driving down the US 192 and come across this lil cute peach one floor building,and it reads "garibaldi" so i decide to go in,once we got in the hostess was super friendly and told us "its going to be about 20min wait" so we waited patiently until we were called in,once we sat the chips and salsa was quick to come to the table and the waiter was ready to take our order, i ordered carne asada,one of my friends ordered chimichangas, and my other friend ordered "mole" everything was perfect when it got to the table nice and warm,presentable,it was perfect! The taste was very authentic and so where the waiters lol
I would go there a million times over and over again...
Oh and did i tell u,i went over to the hostess and told her it was my friends birthday and the put a mexican sombredo on her head and song "las mananitas" to her!! (Lmao it wasnt her birthday lol she was soooo upset lmao,perfect prank at the perfect location) hehe

• Visited December 2010