“a good visit”

Ranked #19 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
“a good visit”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I arrived in town over July 4th for a week job, we were lucky enough to fine a room at the Destiny Palms, we got to check in early...the room was nice but it had a terrible musty smell, we stayed in it little over an hour, thinking it would get better. I told my husband we would have to ask for another room, the smell was just to much. so i ask the girl at the front desk,which she was super nice... luckily there were two empty rooms, she let me check both out and choose the one we wanted. we moved and no smell, beds were great we had a good week, even if the fire drill went off the last morning there while we were asleep...that will get your attention really fast....

Room Tip: wouldn't recommend room 120
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We just got back from a 6 night stay at Destiny Palms Hotel. I travelled with my boyfriend and another couple and our purpose of the stay was to visit theme parks and do some shopping.

When we booked the hotel back in December 2013 we couldn't believe the low price (around $50 per room per night) and were expecting to potentially 'rough it' for the duration of the stay. How wrong we were...

Location - lot's of restaurants/shops in the area. A 7/11 and a Mcdonalds is on site, Walgreens just down the road along with Publix and a Target. However, I would recommend a car to get about. We got to Disney in 10 minutes and Universal Studios in around 25 minutes. Easy commuting from this hotel.
Staff - Friendly and welcoming.
Resort fee - bargain at around $3 per night in comparison to some other hotels in the area.
Parking - free and adequate
Breakfast - average at best but it is free and suited our needs - Bagels/Toast/Waffles/Cereal. Don't expect anything fancy.
Rooms - Clean and comfortable. We had two queen beds, flat screen tvs. The free wifi worked perfectly throughout our stay as did the air conditioning unit. Beds were so comfortable to sleep in after a hard days walk throughout the parks. Shower was large.
Pool - Outdoor pool looked clean and a good size at the side of the hotel.

Give the hotel a chance. Yes it is a bit dingy, the carpet is fading and the hotel is dated, but if you can bag a bargain whilst you are spending all day at the Theme Parks/shopping, then I would definitely go for it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank JBIS27
Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is a great value! The rooms were much cleaner than other hotels in this price range. The hotel is nice and quite, and allowed us to enjoy quality sleep. The location is also great.

I had intended to leave a 4 star rating, however an indirect experience with Chuck, the general manager left a really sour taste in my mouth. Overall, I felt the staff was great, expect for Chuck. Upon returning home, I noticed I couldn't find the keys to my house (I was in a rental car, and had placed my normal keys in my laptop bag). After getting a key from my neighbor I went inside and noticed a message on my home answering machine from destiny palms informing me that I had left a cord and a sack of snacks behind. I had initially assumed my keys were likrly in another bag so I called the hotel to let them know they could discard the items I had left. After searching for an hour, I still couldn't find my keys, so I called the hotel back asking to confirm there were no keys in the sack of snacks. The hotel clerk (Maria I believe) was very friendly and helpful and set the phone down to check for my keys. At that time I overhead Chuck ask her what she is doing, and he was rather short and rude with her. He seems upset that she is helping me, and makes it sound like I'm stupid for checking out of the hotel on a Tuesday, and not calling until Saturday to ask for my keys. He makes it sound like I'm clueless, and not worth helping. Chuck, if you're reading this (which I sincerely hope you are), let me tell you why I checked out Tuesday and didn't call until Saturday. After checking out Tues. We drove to Destin, FL and stayed four nights prior to arriving home Saturday afternoon. As I mentioned above, I was in a rental car, and my normal keys were set aside in my bag. I didn't notice they were missing until I got home.

I would have given this hotel an even lower rating based on my impressions of Chuck the general manager, however I felt that would be doing a disservice to the hotel and the other staff. The reason I know it was Chuck, is that after going off on Maria, and implying I was stupid I overheard him introduce himself to another guest as Chuck, the GM.

The only other complaint is the wifi didn't work in my room as it was at the end of the property, and likely out of range. They should probably add some wifi repeaters to boost the signal strength to the rooms at the edges of the property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CMP72120
Kissimmee
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stay at Destiny Palms once a week and truly love it. The staff is always friendly! The price is super affordable:)
There is no place I rather stay at. The rooms are always clean when I stay there and if there's anything I ever need the staff is always willing to assist.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mare2880
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Poor internet service unless close to office. Rugs need to be replaced. Need flesh paint. Counter help very nice. Overall just needs to be cleaner rooms. Odd location but is close to the main road and many different eating places.

Room Tip: Should be a 2 stars. I would pay more and stay someplace different next time.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband John and I first stayed in this hotel just over a year ago and when we went back in June this year we found it had a new owner called Chuck who had made big changes to the hotel. Rooms were comfortable, staff were friendly, breakfast was good. Chuck went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and as we were checking out, my husband left our passports at the front desk and Chuck drove all the way to the airport to bring them to us. We will go back to Orlando one day and we will definately book the Destiny Palms Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne A
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Destiny Palms may not be anything fancy, but you will get a well-appointed, convenient, comfortable room. I slept so well that I missed the free breakfast. What distinguishes Destiny Palms from other hotels in the area, is the helpfulness of the front desk staff. Manager, Chuck, could not be any friendlier and willing to assist.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo