“Good nights Stay”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is located in a decent location with plenty of dining options nearby. Unless you know the back roads to WDW, it can be quite a ride to reach the parks. The hotel has some wear in comparison to the last time we stayed here. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are smaller. We reserved a STANDARD KING which was supposed to have a King Bed. The room had a queen and a sofa. The bed is comfortable and the location is quiet. The breakfast room is small with basic bakery items.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HCLBRK
There are newer reviews for Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are looking for an economic, well located and decent hotel, this is the one. The room was great, we stayed in a kind size bed room and it was excellent to what we needed that was to sleep well after being in the parks all day. We also had a fridge and a small oven. It is located 5 minutes to Disney and half hours from Universal. We slept well, it was really quiet. It was clean and the people from the hotel were really friendly. You have also the breakfast included, not a big deal but it was nice to save some money on that. I would come back defenitely

3  Thank Ale I
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Destiny Palms for 3 nights when we recently went to Disney World. The hotel was convenient to get to Disney World. Since the room was not that expensive, we were not expecting a 5 star hotel. The room was compact, but had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, although the sheets (and towels) felt rough (that they had been washed a lot). The room had a fridge and toaster. I usually see hotels with a microwave (not a toaster). I didn't use it, so it did not matter to me. The t.v. remote was missing the back, so the batteries kept falling out. The room was quiet and met our needs (we were only there to sleep). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful (especially when I locked my keys in the car). One problem I had is when I checked in another guest was talking to the hotel clerk and she seemed annoyed when I asked her to move over so I can sign. This was not the hotel's fault, but it made me feel uncomfortable. My keys also stopped working twice and I had to have them redone. The breakfast was fine. For the price and convenience, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room before I checked in as they made me pay for my 3 nights up front.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Deena A
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here March 23-25-2014 after reading a positive review on Trip Advisor. Our 1st floor room with king bed was pretty small, but comfortable and clean. Front desk staff were friendly and generally helpful with one exception: they forgot our 6AM wake-up call on the last morning. By luck we awoke in time to get to the airport for our return flight. The breakfasts were adequate: cereals, muffins, bagels, boiled aggs, juice and coffee and the price for our stay was very reasonable. We would stay there again.

1  Thank Artylady
Reviewed March 26, 2014

we stayed here for 2 weeks and was impressed with how friendly and helpful all the staff are. the room was a good size and clean but as a whole really needs updating.i had a slight problem with the bedside table as the corner was very sharp and cut my leg on it.could do with moving it or having abit more space between bed and table.breakfast was ok but not alot of room in the breakfast area.the hotel is in a good location for disney,universal etc but we will be hiring a car next time as taxis are expensive from the hotel.mc ds and restuarants close by as well as shops.would recommend this hotel to friends and family. :)

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the washing machines and ice machine. some guest clearly didnt understand c...
1  Thank zoeyc87511
Reviewed March 21, 2014

this was a return trip to this hotel for me [20 nite stay]---front desk service is great, maintenence response is excellent, room was fairly clean,housekeeping consisted of standing up pillows on bed, emptying trash and clean towels. there was a used band aid on the floor of the bathroom on the day of our arrival--it was still on the floor 20 days later.
location for disney parks is very good, construction on 192 makes for a lot of traffic and some difficulty making a left turn into the hotel.
wifi is free, but very iffy at times of the day.

Room Tip: first floor mid-hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight after viewing the EPCOT fireworks show. Room was small but clean and well furnished. Instead of a microwave it had a toaster oven which was a surprise. Plenty of towels and toiletry supplies. Attentive staff at check in. Didn't have time to check out pool or breakfast. Shocker was 13 percent tax/fees which isn't their fault. It's a tourist town so the govt takes their share. Overall we would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple