“very reasonable”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #15 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the week on our trip to the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney. The hotel is only 10 minutes from the Disney Parks! It was very convenient. The room was small with a stand-up shower, clean and beds were comfortable. If your are going to visit any of the Disney parks, this is an excellent location for a couple of any age! And make sure to tune into the Disney information channel before your head to the Parks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christopher l

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been here a couple times and each time we have been happy with the friendly staff.

Always make reservations directly though them for the BEST rate.
Breakfast is limited to cold cereal, boiled eggs, plain bagels, French toast , juice, coffee and tea. If this won't do, there is a McDonald's and another restaurant and a 7-eleven just in front of the hotel.

We continually stay here because of the price, the location, the staff, and we find the beds comfortable.

The shower does need some upgrading...I am sure this will happen eventually. This is the best price around when you are on a budget and Magic Kingdom cost $101 per person!

3  Thank omgjsc
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. The staff is incredibly friendly and the room has everything you could possibly need for a one night stay or an extended stay. It seems to be meticulously taken care of and looks to be very recently renovated or very new. I was provided with recommendations for dinner and the location is very situated to visit the Parks or for business. Again, I couldn't have gotten luckier in finding very nice accommodations at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jimmy9953
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This room was booked by phone reservation based on photos, reviews and a previous stay by a family member. The desk clerk was pleasant enough but the manager on duty, Alan Wishburn, was very rude and unprofessional. Check-in was slightly problematic only because we thought we might entertain extending our stay. The desk clerk was willing to accommodate us if we decided to stay but the manager, instead of speaking to her privately raised his voice and emphatically stated the hotel would only accommodate us for the duration of initial reservation. Totally unprofessional! Okay! moving on. We did request a room on the lower level and that was honored. However, the room itself was dirty and dingy. After seeing the room I did want to extend my stay. The breakfast, if you can call it that, was horrible! The only positive for this hotel is the location and its proximity to other things to do in the area. There are too many nice places to stay, don't waste your time or money staying at this dump!

6  Thank Cece C
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a horrible experience at Champions World Resort, I stopped by Destiny Palms Hotel to see if I was able to salvage our mini vacation. I felt very welcomed by Stephanie H who took the time to listen to my frustration and show me around to give me piece of mind that my family and I will be pleased during our 2 night stay. She reserved the 2 rooms I needed and sure enough I was pleased. Breakfast area was clean, rooms were decent and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found Management to be not as pleasant as the staff. Tried to do an extended stay and was rudely denied. He was loud and boystress about it for everyone in the lobby to hear which did not make a good impression on the hotel in his managerial position. However the rest of the staff was very helpful. This was not my first stay but was my first disappointment from this hotel since it was recommended and I did (but will no longer) recommend or refer to others. This was my only Dissatisfaction with this stay.

2  Thank Dee Dee L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a discount ticket for my stay for my family and myself. Asked if we can extend our stay and "Managment" said "NO" he didn't want to except the discounts on extended stay. Felt like this is something that should have NOT been done at FRONT Desk in front of the customers. The fact that he was VERY rude in doing this is what downgraded the rating. Other than that the staff was better than management (sorry personality). I have stayed at this location before and this was the worst reception I have ever received.

1  Thank Dee53_13