“Perfect for the price”

Ranked #19 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Perfect for the price”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been here a couple times and each time we have been happy with the friendly staff.

Always make reservations directly though them for the BEST rate.
Breakfast is limited to cold cereal, boiled eggs, plain bagels, French toast , juice, coffee and tea. If this won't do, there is a McDonald's and another restaurant and a 7-eleven just in front of the hotel.

We continually stay here because of the price, the location, the staff, and we find the beds comfortable.

The shower does need some upgrading...I am sure this will happen eventually. This is the best price around when you are on a budget and Magic Kingdom cost $101 per person!

3 Thank omgjsc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. The staff is incredibly friendly and the room has everything you could possibly need for a one night stay or an extended stay. It seems to be meticulously taken care of and looks to be very recently renovated or very new. I was provided with recommendations for dinner and the location is very situated to visit the Parks or for business. Again, I couldn't have gotten luckier in finding very nice accommodations at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jimmy9953
New Jersey
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This room was booked by phone reservation based on photos, reviews and a previous stay by a family member. The desk clerk was pleasant enough but the manager on duty, Alan Wishburn, was very rude and unprofessional. Check-in was slightly problematic only because we thought we might entertain extending our stay. The desk clerk was willing to accommodate us if we decided to stay but the manager, instead of speaking to her privately raised his voice and emphatically stated the hotel would only accommodate us for the duration of initial reservation. Totally unprofessional! Okay! moving on. We did request a room on the lower level and that was honored. However, the room itself was dirty and dingy. After seeing the room I did want to extend my stay. The breakfast, if you can call it that, was horrible! The only positive for this hotel is the location and its proximity to other things to do in the area. There are too many nice places to stay, don't waste your time or money staying at this dump!

6 Thank Cece C
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a horrible experience at Champions World Resort, I stopped by Destiny Palms Hotel to see if I was able to salvage our mini vacation. I felt very welcomed by Stephanie H who took the time to listen to my frustration and show me around to give me piece of mind that my family and I will be pleased during our 2 night stay. She reserved the 2 rooms I needed and sure enough I was pleased. Breakfast area was clean, rooms were decent and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A C
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found Management to be not as pleasant as the staff. Tried to do an extended stay and was rudely denied. He was loud and boystress about it for everyone in the lobby to hear which did not make a good impression on the hotel in his managerial position. However the rest of the staff was very helpful. This was not my first stay but was my first disappointment from this hotel since it was recommended and I did (but will no longer) recommend or refer to others. This was my only Dissatisfaction with this stay.

2 Thank Dee Dee L
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a discount ticket for my stay for my family and myself. Asked if we can extend our stay and "Managment" said "NO" he didn't want to except the discounts on extended stay. Felt like this is something that should have NOT been done at FRONT Desk in front of the customers. The fact that he was VERY rude in doing this is what downgraded the rating. Other than that the staff was better than management (sorry personality). I have stayed at this location before and this was the worst reception I have ever received.

1 Thank Dee53_13
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after reading reviews of lots of hotels in this area. We were not disappointed as everything came up to expectations. The hotel is getting tired and dated, but the staff were all very pleasant and friendly and very helpful. The pool was cleaned regularly and was a pleasure to use. The breakfast was as expected from previous reviews and we would recommend that you get there early to get a table. The food was limited but on the whole quite adequate. We stayed in the hotel for 17 nights and found our room on the third floor clean and comfy. The beds were made every day and were very comfortable. The room was on the small side but for the two of us was more than adequate.
On the whole we would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the third floor at the back in the middle of the hotel away from the end s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple