“Good for a quick stay”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #14 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a horrible experience at Champions World Resort, I stopped by Destiny Palms Hotel to see if I was able to salvage our mini vacation. I felt very welcomed by Stephanie H who took the time to listen to my frustration and show me around to give me piece of mind that my family and I will be pleased during our 2 night stay. She reserved the 2 rooms I needed and sure enough I was pleased. Breakfast area was clean, rooms were decent and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found Management to be not as pleasant as the staff. Tried to do an extended stay and was rudely denied. He was loud and boystress about it for everyone in the lobby to hear which did not make a good impression on the hotel in his managerial position. However the rest of the staff was very helpful. This was not my first stay but was my first disappointment from this hotel since it was recommended and I did (but will no longer) recommend or refer to others. This was my only Dissatisfaction with this stay.

2  Thank Dee Dee L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a discount ticket for my stay for my family and myself. Asked if we can extend our stay and "Managment" said "NO" he didn't want to except the discounts on extended stay. Felt like this is something that should have NOT been done at FRONT Desk in front of the customers. The fact that he was VERY rude in doing this is what downgraded the rating. Other than that the staff was better than management (sorry personality). I have stayed at this location before and this was the worst reception I have ever received.

1  Thank Dee53_13
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after reading reviews of lots of hotels in this area. We were not disappointed as everything came up to expectations. The hotel is getting tired and dated, but the staff were all very pleasant and friendly and very helpful. The pool was cleaned regularly and was a pleasure to use. The breakfast was as expected from previous reviews and we would recommend that you get there early to get a table. The food was limited but on the whole quite adequate. We stayed in the hotel for 17 nights and found our room on the third floor clean and comfy. The beds were made every day and were very comfortable. The room was on the small side but for the two of us was more than adequate.
On the whole we would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the third floor at the back in the middle of the hotel away from the end s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We are seniors and had seen a few bad reviews, but upon our arrival was so pleased. Booking was great with Stephanie and got to speak with her when checking out. Room request for bottom floor was honored, and clean modern room. Breakfast was fine as usually just drink coffee but they had juice, cereals, muffins, pancakes, and waffles. Would definitely return again, thanks for a relaxing night stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although it is an older hotel, it has been updated, everything was clean, friendly staff, even housekeeping. Beds were comfortable. We stayed four days. We never used the breakfast bar, because we always eat breakfast out. It served perfectly for visiting relatives vacationing from New York and elsewhere in Florida. As a matter of fact the relatives from Florida happened to stay at Destiny Palms as well arriving the day after we arrived.
Destiny Palms Hotel is the closest hotel to this Orange Lake Resort. We will stay there again on our next visit to Kissimmee, Fl. Our room was 226, relatives were on the ground floor decided to stay longer and switched to room 235. We had no problems with flushing or ac. All Good. :)

Room Tip: Room 226 was good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After fleeing from another hotel we bagged the last 2 available rooms in this hotel.our rooms were clean,adequate and had daily house keeping.we had to change a room as it was right beside the vending and ice machine and no one could sleep because of the noise.staff were friendly and helpful.the one gripe I have is the pool area.it needs cleaned more often and the pool closed and locked rather than relying on people to leave it at dusk.overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend it if your on a budget.though even on a budget it was pricey.the breakfast was good too though,very crowded around 8oclock as they stop serving at 9 oclock.

Room Tip: avoid a room at the end of a hallway,beside a vending machine or near a laundry room.the staff will...