1,702 results
All reviews pancake machine key west cinnamon rolls breakfast room thin walls free breakfast island fish company tiki bar restaurant hear everything nice pool third floor yogurt king suite clean hotel pool area half way pool towels
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019

I lost $458.00 from booking a room through Xpedia for this Holiday
inn express with booking insurance from AIG Insurance Travel . Expedia never mentioned the no refund policy only after I paid. I am not happy !

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank RobertCHar
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi RobertCHar,

Thank you for looping us in your booking experience with Expedia.

Your review caught my attention, and I'd like to look into this. I sent you a private message to discuss this matter & to get more details to properly address your concern. I'll wait for your response.

Warmly,

Jeraldine R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 24, 2019

Stayed here for a week in August 2019, on a vacation trip with my Wife. Booked and paid directly in advance for the lowest day rate. No-hassle check-in, and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Offers free breakfast in the morning, but the breakfast is only so-so in it's offerings (powdered scrambled eggs...You're in the Army Now Mr. Jones). Nice pool alongside a canal; business center with 3 computers and a printer, for printing out those pre-purchased tickets & reservations, and it was never busy. House-keeping staff very accommodating to our sometimes late starts, and we tipped them well (always tip your house-keeping people, every day...they work hard). Standard size room with a queen bed, refrigerator and a Keurig coffee machine...was more than comfortable for a week's stay, and Marathon is centrally located for visits up and down the Keys. Recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

Visited this Hotel in a weekend trip with friends.
It is very well located, directly on the US 1, with ample free parking.
Hotel staff is not really friendly, not even seemed to try to please guests.
My room was very ample and lighted, air con in good working order, bathroom was also ample. There was a small fridge and coffee maker.
Room will benefit from a renewal, as carpet looked worn, alike corridors.
Gym also will need better and newer machines.
Free breakfast was good, with selection of fruits, cereals, omelette, pancake and breads.
I found it a bit pricey in terms of value for money, but it is peak season.
All in all it is okay but there could be some other options around.

Date of stay: August 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Hi Max_Argentina2014,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review. While I am glad that our location, room, and breakfast were able to meet your expectations, I was also quite concerned to read your comments about our staff, carpet, and the fitness center. I know that you did not have a completely satisfactory stay due to these issues and I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. Your comments will not go unheard and I will make sure to let our team know about your concerns for necessary improvements needed.

Thank you for your part in helping us go in a positive direction and we hope to see you again soon so this time we can show you a frictionless experience.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We usually stay here all of the time with no issues. We got a king room it was just ok, they had sprayed the room with freshener but the mold smell and dampness was overwhelming. They charged us three different prices for each night we were there. It’s the middle of summer and they are still gouge the visitors. The breakfast had hair in the omelette and not many healthy options. The bed had a plastic cover on it so you would sweat while sleeping at night due to the a/c not cooling the room through the dampness. Sparky’s food use to be excellent sad to say it was horrible. The one thing that stays the same is the key lime pie. The only good part about the stay was our housekeeper/s. They actually made the stay bearable. Unfortunately next time we will choose a different place to stay.
Unhappy & truly disappointing.

1  Thank scubamidgeC9791MB
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Express hotels around the US and are always satisfied, this one is no exception. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly, the breakfast is good (a bit monotonous), the pool is nice and the location is good. We’d stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family