“Marathon May 2013”

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on our vacation for one night. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous; the hotel looks brand new. We stayed on the third floor which gave us a great pool and water view. The parking was very easy as well as access to the main road. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool but they had rafts for younger children and it looked very clean. Parking was very easy as well. They had your typical HIE breakfast fare; I would’ve enjoyed a better variety of fresh fruit. Otherwise I would absolutely come back – very safe hotel and great price. I really was impressed with how clean and new this hotel was.

2  Thank Mdx26
Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here one nite. The Hotel was on the newere side about 3 yrs old.
It smelled clean and fresh when you walked in the front door ck in was quick and easy we even got to ck in early. The room was very clean beds very good. great bath room we had a view of the pool. We also ate at the Tiki bar behind the hotel food was great a little higher priced but worth it. We will saty here again.

3  Thank IslandLMT
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and found the place to be clean and very comfortable. There was a nice breakfast include with eggs, sausage, beard, buns, fruit juice and coffee. It was a bit noisy with a very large wedding pary having booked about 50 rooms. They also took over the hotel restaurant for a large celebration. This was arelatively new place and a good location for the local beaches and marinas.

2  Thank mike2309
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Okay I fly stand-by so I'm not sure if I am going to make all my connections so I call this hotel tell them I might not make it that night so they let me cancel reservations and let me know that if I make it they had plenty of rooms, nice job. Rooms are very clean and staff very helpful and is easy to drive to. Nice pool bar and plenty of places to eat. should have stayed here on my way back from Key West also. I had no that is nil problems and if ever I go back to the keys will stay there again

Room Tip: I stayed North side overlooking the pool so I had a view of pool and lagoon. The elevator is in the...
2  Thank Melike2travel
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently vacationed in the Keys for a week and decided to stay in Marathon (half way). We stayed here and loved it. The hotel and its staff were both very nice. It looked like a very new building. We loved the location (close to restaurants, shops, grocery stores, cvs, etc). It also has a very nice restaurant and water sports place behind it where you can rent boats, kayaks, jet skis, snorkeling trips, etc. Check-in was at 3 but we were able to at 1. Breakfast was standard hotel breakfast (cereal, sausage, eggs, yogurt, toast, bagels, cinnamon rolls, juices, and coffee). The only 3 minor negative things with the hotel were: 1-the view. It DOES NOT sit on the water. However, some rooms have a water view which is a canal leading to the ocean. 2-the noise level. The walls could have been a little thicker. We were able to hear tvs and the elevator bell in the room we stayed in. A simple fix for this was to keep the a/c running all night, which leads to number 3-the sheets. I'm not sure what kind of material they were, but even with the a/c on all night we were still very hot. The sheets were not very breathable. Other than that, we would recommend and stay here again.

1  Thank Clay_Vis
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We found our one night stay to be quite comfortable with a king size bed and lots of pillows. Only complaint was the view of the parking lot didn't thrill me. The breakfast assortment was adequate but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the canal side. The parking lot side is boring
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Clean and new. As HIE's go this is nice. You won't get the old key's feeling but it's clean and the beds are comfy. Marathon is a nice town but if you are looking for a night life I suggest Key West. I would spend a few days in Marathon and a few in Key West.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank CountryCruising0221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon

Address: 13201 Overseas Highway, Mm 53.5, Marathon, FL 33050-3548
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Keys > Marathon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Price Range: $173 - $357 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon 2.5*
We invite you for a fun-loving tropical vacation at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in the fabulous Florida Keys. Stay with us for fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses, the Florida Keys Marathon Airport (MTH), and local island attractions. Our hotel is pet-friendly and 100% smoke free.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon is located in the heart of the Florida Keys; a short drive from Key West. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Holiday Inn Express And Suites Marathon