We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Marathon for an overnight before heading to Key West, since we couldn't check into our vacation home until the following day. It was a typical Holiday Inn Express experience. The rooms were tastefully furnished and very clean. We were tired of driving (Miami was a mess), so were happy to be able to walk across the highway to a restaurant (Island Fish Company) for dinner.
My room faced the highway, but it was quiet enough. I could hear other guests, though, and the plumbing from the next room was noisy. The breakfast was typical HIE. This chain offers only artificially sweetened yogurt, which I can't eat, but I certainly could find enough variety for a satisfying breakfast. It was a little pricey, but I guess that's what you find in the Keys in the middle of winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you for a fun-loving tropical vacation at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in the fabulous Florida Keys. Stay with us for fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses, the Florida Keys Marathon Airport (MTH), and local island attractions. Our hotel is pet-friendly and 100% smoke free.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon is located in the heart of the Florida Keys; a short drive from Key West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Express And Suites Marathon
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon Hotel Marathon
- Holiday Inn Marathon
- Marathon Holiday Inn