“Beautiful super clean hotel.”

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
South Florida, Florida
“Beautiful super clean hotel.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I loved this hotel from the moment we enter it. Super friendly staff. Our room was beautiful with a gorgeous water view. The room was the cleanest I have ever seen. The bed is super comfy. I would give it a 5 star if it wasn't for fact that the walls are paper thin and you hear the slightest of noise. But overall it is a gorgeous and super friendy and clean hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room with water view on the third level. We stayed in room 349 and had a gorgeou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lkaminski1, General Manager at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We could not ask for much more than being referred to as a "Beautiful super clean hotel”! We really appreciate your nice comments!
We do apologize that you experienced a problem with noise. In the future, we will do our best to place you a little further from the corridor.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great for a short stay in the Keys. We stayed because it's dog friendly. I've always liked Holiday Inn Express and this one seems to be pretty new. We liked it but the only thing was we could hear every single word of our (young bickering) neighbor's conversations. I assume they could hear ours. Same goes for the TV on both neighboring rooms. Other than that, everything was great. :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Dogs really like our property too ( :

We do apologize that you experienced a problem with noise - We are looking in to a resolution for this problem.

We do look forward to seeing you and your family pet in the future!
Thank you for staying with us!
Fort Lau
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for three nights from Thursday through Sunday morning. The hotel is immaculate and you can even smell the new paint and carpet. The staff is extremely helpful in every way. We needed refrigerators given medical conditions and Ilene at the front desk made sure that we had them. I requested extra towels and our housekeeper, Pancy, made sure that we had them every day. We had three rooms to celebrate my wife's birthday and each one of them was spacious, had comfortable new beds, and relaxing decor. We had a poolside view which also gave us a view of the beautiful Marathon Key waters. The breakfasts gave lots of variety and there is a restaurant across the street on the bay that serves wonderful food if you want to enjoy a view too (See my review of the Island Fish Company.) There is also a Tiki hut restaurant and bar next to the hotel which also has very good food and fantastic ambience (See my review on Catch 53.) All of this excellence for a great value. We paid $116 for Thursday and $134 for each of Friday and Saturday. Those prices are not easy to find in the Keys especially for new accommodations on the water.
There is plenty to do in Key Marathon. There is an art store called Unique very close to the hotel. Several companies offer charters and there are two good snorkeling tour companies right near the hotel.
I would like to address the common complaint found in other reviews concerning the noise between rooms. The Thursday stay was serene. Friday and Saturday was party time in the Keys, so the noise level kept up poolside until about 12: 30 am - not bad at all. The hotel is aware of the noise between rooms and they are making upgrades to address the problem. We did not experience any noise problems ourselves in any of the three rooms, but we did have adjoining rooms so our experience may not apply to this noise issue.

I have stayed in the Keys many times over the years and I would definitely come back to this gem!

Room Tip: The poolside may be noisy on the weekends, but the view is really nice. The rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John M
We really appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review about your stay with us! Your details were wonderful, and so were your nice comments about our staff - I will be sure and to pass them on!
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marathon, FL
Venetia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a really great time at this hotel. The room was nice and big and clean. Fluffy towels. The pool was refreshing! Hotel was beautiful!! The breakfast was more than adequate. The location was good. There was a nice restaurant behind the hotel. This is the best hotel in the area!!

New property! Very clean!! A+++++++

• Stayed August 2012
It is so nice that you gave us an A+++++ rating! Thank You!
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marathon, the FL Keys!
Islamorada, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

At first I thought it was a complete waste of money for my wife and me to stay at this hotel since we live 20 minutes away! We recently had a family reunion here in the keys and my wife thought that it would be a good idea for us to get a room so we could be with everybody else. As much as I hate to admit it, she was right... once again. In the Lobby I met a nice lady named Nancy. She helped us more than she could ever know. It is nearly impossible to get all of my family on the same page, but she made things so simple. She got us all set up to go snorkeling on the prettiest reef I've seen in the Keys. We didn't even have to leave the hotel. The boat was right there waiting for us. The boat was clean and the crew was awesome.They made sure all of our gear fit well and comfortably. Also, the mate spent extra time with my 12 y/o niece who was quite apprehensive to jump into the ocean that was "filled with sharks" (her words) We didn't see any sharks, but we did see tons of Parrot Fish, Angel Fish, a lobster, and even a sea turtle! My niece was the last one out of the water and says it was her favorite part of the trip.
She also arranged for half of our group to go deep sea fishing on two different boats. One boat came in with a cooler full of Yellowtail Snapper (My favorite!) and the other with Mahi Mahi. It gets better! We were able to have our fish cooked for us right there at the restaurant at the hotel. The blackened dolphin was the best fish I've ever eaten anywhere ever.
I didn't want to go home. The bed was so comfortable and the room was quiet. I wish I could stay there once a week just to catch up on my sleep. Our group had six rooms and everyone was in agreement that this place is perfect. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, and a fabulous view!
Thank you for helping our family have the best reunion ever! see you next year.

2 Thank joe s
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear that you and your family members enjoyed your stay and that you able take part in some of our onsite amenities that we offer at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

It especially makes happy when a staff member makes an impression - we will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Please send our regards to your wife for bringing you all together for your family reunion at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marathon, FL
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was one of 6 hotels during our trip to Florida. If I'm not mistaken there was no mini fridge and no microwave. The room was clean and convenient to the snorkelling operation my family used. I was surprised there was no laundry facilities. Drove to the laundromat about 5 min away, which was expensive, but apparently, electricity & water costs more in these parts.

2 Thank TAFanToronto
lkaminski1, General Manager at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for writing a review - We appreciate all of your comments. We do offer "upon request" microwave and refrigerator combos in the rooms that do not have stationary ones –. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Marathon, and we look forward to your return visit!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and ten year old son stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It is relatively new and centrally located with a free breakfast which is a huge plus for any family. The staff is very friendly and the pool area very nice with a great view of the water. There is a restaurant located right next door and a convenient store within walking distance.

Although I am big fan Holiday Inns, this is a large hotel. The pool and the breakfast areas often felt crowded. We did check in on a Friday so that may have contributed to crowded feel. I'm not sure what I expected from the Keys as this was our first trip down. This hotel (as are most others) are located on the main highway. If you are looking for that "resort" or "island" type feel you may want to look elsewhere. Our final destination was Key West and in hindsight we would have bypassed Marathon and spent more time in Key West.

With that being said there is great fishing and snorkeling in Marathon as well as a beautiful state park. The dolphin research center also tends to be big draw. Again it depends upon what you are looking for!

2 Thank jaco2010
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,641 reviews

Been to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon? Share your experiences!