At first I thought it was a complete waste of money for my wife and me to stay at this hotel since we live 20 minutes away! We recently had a family reunion here in the keys and my wife thought that it would be a good idea for us to get a room so we could be with everybody else. As much as I hate to admit it, she was right... once again. In the Lobby I met a nice lady named Nancy. She helped us more than she could ever know. It is nearly impossible to get all of my family on the same page, but she made things so simple. She got us all set up to go snorkeling on the prettiest reef I've seen in the Keys. We didn't even have to leave the hotel. The boat was right there waiting for us. The boat was clean and the crew was awesome.They made sure all of our gear fit well and comfortably. Also, the mate spent extra time with my 12 y/o niece who was quite apprehensive to jump into the ocean that was "filled with sharks" (her words) We didn't see any sharks, but we did see tons of Parrot Fish, Angel Fish, a lobster, and even a sea turtle! My niece was the last one out of the water and says it was her favorite part of the trip.
She also arranged for half of our group to go deep sea fishing on two different boats. One boat came in with a cooler full of Yellowtail Snapper (My favorite!) and the other with Mahi Mahi. It gets better! We were able to have our fish cooked for us right there at the restaurant at the hotel. The blackened dolphin was the best fish I've ever eaten anywhere ever.
I didn't want to go home. The bed was so comfortable and the room was quiet. I wish I could stay there once a week just to catch up on my sleep. Our group had six rooms and everyone was in agreement that this place is perfect. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, and a fabulous view!
Thank you for helping our family have the best reunion ever! see you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you for a fun-loving tropical vacation at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in the fabulous Florida Keys. Stay with us for fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses, the Florida Keys Marathon Airport (MTH), and local island attractions. Our hotel is pet-friendly and 100% smoke free.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon is located in the heart of the Florida Keys; a short drive from Key West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Express And Suites Marathon
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon Hotel Marathon
- Holiday Inn Marathon
- Marathon Holiday Inn