“Great hole in the wall breakfast spot”
Review of Stout's Restaurant

Stout's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Reviewed July 21, 2017

This place is a teeny, tiny spot on the roadside that has a surprisingly generous breakfast. The walls are adorned with pictures of Florida Keys history so you can enjoy some nostalgia and learn a few things while you're waiting for your food.

We arrived around 11am on a weekday so they weren't too crowded. The waitress was very friendly and gave us a list of menu items they were done serving (oatmeal, hash browns, pancakes and poached eggs). Since we didn't want any of the aforementioned items, we ordered a cheese, spinach and mushroom omelet for me and ham and eggs for my boyfriend.

The ham was huge (covered the whole plate) and filled up the bottomless pit of my man's stomach. My omelet was one of the best I have ever had. I had rye toast with homemade jam which was also delicious. The check was around $20 so we definitely got our money's worth.

Two things to note: they do not take credit cards and the air conditioning is marginal. So bring cash, wear a tank top and enjoy!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Please avoid the usual breakfast chains and visit stouts instead! Between our party we ordered pancakes, French toast, eggs, biscuits and gravy and bagels and all enjoyed our food thoroughly! Service was excellent, Nicole catered well to everyone's needs and was friendly and helpful. After travelling the state for a week and a half this was our favourite breakfast. Thanks, Stouts!

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Brought my family for breakfast server assured me the Grits come from Georgia and were stone ground so I ordered cheese grits. What I got tasted like instant Grit soup with a slab of cheese on it never in my life have seen cheese grits served that way. Nothing was seasoned,bland! Cold toast with no butter. Sausage had a weird color All this a a 45 minute wait.
My advise is hire a second chef,and server and concentrate on quality NOT quantity, because the menu tells your back story beautifully, only to be disappointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and food. Went for breakfast. Can highly recommend Food was affordable and they brewed fresh coffee just for us

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for pancakes before going out on a fisjing trip.
A stack of pancakes with strawberries was only $4.5 and they were amazing pancakes, really light& full of fruit.
Non stop top up of coffee and very nice and friendly server too.
Stouts is a propper traditional American diner serving great food and long may it stay that way.
Fantastic & drop in if you're passing.