“Dive Diner, but worth a look.”
Review of Wooden Spoon

Wooden Spoon
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was needing to get away from our resort in Duck Key and via Urban Spoon I found this place which was highly rated. This place is not fancy, it's a dive but it's good stuff. The people are super friendly and its seemingly always busy which means the locals know where to go get their greasy spoon on, and that's at the Wooden Spoon. We had breakfast there and everyone was happy. What sets this place apart is the fresh baked croissants and biscuits, light and fluffy. I wish I would have had other chances to eat more stuff but this was a one time deal.

1  Thank oldkid6
There are newer reviews for Wooden Spoon

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hole in the wall diner that is great! Right on Hwy 1 .They serve breakfast and lunch. The menu selection is very good for adults and children. Serving sizes are large so some things could be shared. I got the Mexican omelet. It was fabulous. It tasted like a cheeseburger with jalepenos rolled up in egg. My daughter got the turkey sandwich and wished she would have gotten the cheeseburger! Great place with great food. And there are lots of wooden spoons on the wall. Go visit!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast for two days ... Had a hearty meal.. Ordered all meat omelette and omelette with onions.. With a lemonade and not chocolate.. Everything was yummy and not at all expensive... The first day the lady was in a hurry so I felt weird when she was rushing for things and not able to help me order.. But the second day we had an amazing service and food was great... Would love to again if I visit marathon..

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stopped for breakfast on our way out of Marathon on June 1st. I wish we discovered the Wooden Spoon sooner. When we entered, we were promptly welcomed and told to help ourselves to a seat. I had a 3 egg Omelet with Cheese and Scrapple with toast and tomatoes and my girlfriend had 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, grits and an English Muffin. The food was cooked to order in clear view of the diners. The food was delivered hot and the quality of the breakfast was great. I especially enjoyed the scrapple - this is a rare item on menus in Florida. The service was friendly and thorough. I thought that the price for breakfast for two people was quite reasonable at $19. I recommend this place for a good breakfast at a reasonable price.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

webster hasn t invented the words to say how great the spoon is. i have never had a bad experience here in 40 years. holly and lisa are the best. from the peach man.