“Best French Fries on the water!!”

Burdines Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 95 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: "Thank you to all our customers for your patronage and support. We appreciate all of the reviews you give us on Trip Advisor, even the negataive ones because it helps us to be better and provide our guests with a memorable experience."Sincerely,Randy K. GM
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Location, location, location!! Looking forward them fries...are you? They got me salivating every time I think of them. This is one of my favorite burger places in the Keys due to its fantastic water views. Restaurant serves good burgers and typical American fare... burgers, sandwiches & sausage. The black beans are really good as is their FRIED KEY LIME dessert...my favorite.

Restaurant sits up high for a great water view, with a fuel dock below so you can watch the boats cruise by. Not a particularly busy waterway but picturesque nonetheless.

It's a bit off the beaten path for those who like a rather relaxed feeling and not as many tourists.

SAVE me a french fry, will ya?

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank born4jc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

During our week long stay in Marathon, good reviews of this place put it on our "to do list"...as restaurant connoisseurs. Drove up there, walked up the stairs..no line yet and 1x table was still open, but it was filling up fairly quickly. Busy week. Noticed no signs for "Please wait to be seated" so we sat down at the open table..which was the first table by the stairs you go up.

waited....
...waited....trying to catch the eyes/attention of wait staff as they bustled about.
.....waited some more..another table finished eating and left, some other people immediately sat down. A waitress started waiting on them...and looked over at us a couple of times. I raised my hand to catch her attention but she never acknowledged and came over.

My wife got up, picked up some menus from the bar...we looked at the menu. Mostly "fried" stuff on the menu which disappointed me...so at about the 20 minute mark of waiting for service, we got up and left.

Should at least acknowledge newly arrived guests and let us know that someone will get to us. Having worked in heavily touristed towns (Mystic CT) that get jam packed with crowds and experience hectic busy nights, I'm familiar with the feeling of a "really busy night"...but basic hospitality still needs to prevail.

Date of visit: December 2013
Randy K, General Manager at Burdines Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Sorry for your experience. Over the weekend we were short staffed but that is no excuse. I'll be happy to give you a gift certificate to give us another chance. Sincerely, Randy K. GM 305-743-5317

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a local bar/grille that all the locals frequent, try Burdine's. Their grilled fish Reuben is to die for, the fries are amazing, and the atmosphere is stellar--right on the harbor where you can sit inside or out and watch the boats cruise around. Service is also excellent, very nice staff. We'll be visiting again!

Casual dining.
Great prices .
Hubbie got a rare tuna sandwich .
All good we'll be back .
FYI they don't serve liquor , just beer and wine. But keep in mind the food was great !

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We read the really good reviews on trip advisor so we went to that place expecting great food for reasonable prices.
The place itself is nice with its location right next to the sea and its great view. The service was good as well. But when it comes to the food it didn't meet our expectations at all.
What we ordered was average and the portions were small. We have definitely had better food and visited places offering a better value for money ratio. The shrimp basket consisted of 6 shrimps, 3 hushpuppies and a spoon of cowl slaw. A portion of this size should better be declared as a starter. So we had to order an extra portion of fries in order to not leave the restaurant still being hungry.

I apologize that you felt the portion was not sufficient. I'd be happy to give you a gift certificate if you'd like to try us again. Sincerely, Randy K GM 305-743-5317