“A pleasant place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burdines Waterfront

Burdines Waterfront
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Thank you to all our customers for your patronage and support. We appreciate all of the reviews you give us on Trip Advisor, even the negataive ones because it helps us to be better and provide our guests with a memorable experience."Sincerely,Randy K. GM
Key West
“A pleasant place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had to go up to Marathon and decided to try someplace new. Burdine's won the flip and we went for lunch. We were welcomed warmly. Our server was quick with our beverages which were nice and cold. My husband ordered the fish finger basket which came with hush puppies and slaw. He said the slaw and hush puppies were good, but the fish was a bit lacking. I ordered the fish wrap which they serve two ways. I read the beginning of option 1 and ordered that. I guess I should have read to the end. It came with fish (grilled, fried, or blackened), broccoli, tomato, lots of fresh greens and goat cheese. I didn't read the part about goat cheese. For people who like goat cheese, this would be heavenly because there was a lot of it. The wrap itself was very large and very good (except for the goat cheese). We also got a basket of their special fries which were very good. I believe they cut their own instead of getting them from GFS or Sisco because we saw several large containers of freshly cut potatoes go into the kitchen.
Our servers were extremely friendly and efficient.
The restaurant is on the upstairs level accessible by stairs or elevator. There are seating options in the sun, but also in the shade for those who don't want the sun.The place is quite large and has a lot of various seating options. The view is quite spectacular and we saw 4 or 5 large sailboats make their way by. My husband said the largest was a couple who had been sitting at the bar with their big dog when we arrived. The dog was very well behaved. He noticed the dog on the boat as they cruised by. Apparently you can come to Burdine's by land or sea.
I am sure we will return for drinks if nothing else, but they have a pretty extensive menu, I think we will both order something else the next time. Again, my wrap was fine except I don't like goat cheese. Don't take that as a negative.
They are in an out of the way location so they don't get a lot of drive by business, but they must be doing something right. They were busy and the location is lovely and rather Old Florida. Set your GPS and head over there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank guavagirlKW

Sebring, Florida
“Great Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a great local pub hidden on the water way off of the main road in Marathon. Service was great. Hamburgers and ahi tuna salad was very tasty. One order of home cut fries was delicious and enough for 2 or 3 people.
We have this on our revisit list when we get back to the area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SHS34626
Greensboro, North Carolina
“capt dave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Best cheeseburger, cheese hushpuppies & fried key lime pie in the Keys. Great atmosphere went for lunch & dinner.Sunset was great. Friendly & knowledgeable staff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Tuna was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband dreams about the tuna don. Raw tuna w rice -soup -salad.
The bummer was the really new waiter. He kept on apologizing.
I had crab cake as an app, lots of crab, but I didn't care for taste profile.
I had mahi sandwich, for entre...I was bummed that it was cold.
The boys had oysters-raw. They loved them.
Good review on stuffed hog fish.
We'll be back.
Oh yes beer selection is great, but be careful w obscure beers. My Japanese beer on draft was not fresh... Had a funky aftertaste.
FYI
In the past had coconut shrimp, it's delicious. Ask for extra sauce.

1 Thank Anniecat2
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great casual place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We were supposed to arrive via boat but the water was too choppy so we drove. We went for lunch mid-week and it was not busy when we arrived but was filling up when we left. The tables are picnic benches, they have a limited bar, but good food and a great view (it is on the harbor) on the second floor. I had the ahi tuna salad, my dad had the fresh tuna melt and my son and step-mother had burgers. We all enjoyed our meals and the fries were excellent. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. I believe they only accept cash so plan accordingly.