“Excellent location when it's not mosquito season & decent food”

Burdines Waterfront
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: "Thank you to all our customers for your patronage and support. We appreciate all of the reviews you give us on Trip Advisor, even the negataive ones because it helps us to be better and provide our guests with a memorable experience."Sincerely,Randy K. GM
Reviewed August 7, 2011

As a vegetarian, there are two options on the menu--black beans and quesadillas. I have had them both and they are both delicious. The past two times I've gotten the black beans because they are just so darn good. A bowl of black beans, a scoop of rice, some shredded lettuce and a bit of salsa with a tortilla. I would have prefered more salsa but considering their salsa isn't that great, I didn't miss it. Maybe some shredded cheese would be good too. They have lots of hot sauce options up at the bar so if that interests you, be sure to go up and check it out. Our group always gets a few baskets of fries, which are sprinkled with some sort of crack dust because they certainly are addictive.

The rest of my group (all non-vegetarians) have gotten the Chickee Tiki chicken sandwich, the tuna sandwich, the tuna salad, tuna pita, cheesesteak sandwich and burgers. They have all been pleased and actually look forward to getting to Burdine's and eating for the majority of our trip. The last time we were there, two folks got the seared ahi tuna sandwich and while they wanted it lightly seared (basically raw), it came out cooked through and they were terribly disappointed. That night was in mini lobster season so they were a bit harried so I think the group forgave the cooks their oversight.

The service is a bit spotty and can be a bit moody but the ladies are hard working and typically have to put up with quite a lot of bull** from the drunk fishing boys that come through.

There are newer reviews for Burdines Waterfront

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had read the reviews on here before heading down to the keys and having a cheeseburger afficionado with us, figured we had to stop in. The restaurant is a little hard to find at first. You travel down a side street adjoining a trailer park where electricity is running via extension cords to arrive at the marina. The restaurant is upstairs, above the marina and like an oasis on the water. Being October, it was not crowded and they had a low-priced off -season menu. Lunch for the four of us was less than $20, and was delicious. I had the fish sandwich and a "frozen drink." Since they only have beer and wine, they make the frozen drinks with wine, and boy was it yummy (as was the sandwich)! We are planning a trip again for this fall, and will be sure to go back. Oh, and the cheeseburger and fries - great!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

You can't beat taking your boat to lunch! We are weekenders and make a stop at Burdines for lunch almost every trip. Their fries are sooo good, fresh cut with just the right seasoning, servce with malt vinegar, mmm yummy! They also have the best blackened fish sandwich and I've tried quite a few in the keys. Specials are usually very good too. It's a local dive and it's in the keys, so sit back and relax and enjoy a beer or few cause you're on keys time now!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ok, the french fries are not the best I've ever had, but they were good. The food was good, everyone in our group of 7 was happy with their meal. The fish was definitely fresh and not frozen. My husband & I loved the fried key lime pie but the others in our group prefer the classic. What I liked about it the most is that its in a Tiki Hut. It's all outdoors but the breeze keeps you cool. It was just a nice relaxing Sunday lunch. The Mimosas were good too.

1  Thank aebcpa
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We went here for lunch based on the "if you haven't eaten here you missed the best restaurant in The Keys" review. Well that person must be the owner. We ordered fried shrimp and mahi. Both tasted as if they were frozen food heated in the microwave. The beer is cold and cheap so if you are looking for a dive bar and questionable food then enjoy!

1  Thank robertc2k