“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We came here the other night and sat our large party at a table...only to realize they were minutes from closing! We offered to leave but they had no problem with us staying! Thanks! Our crew was very hungry from a long day of swimming and the pizza and salads hit the spot! We took our leftovers home and enjoyed them the next day! Yummy!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were disappointed with Upper Crust Pizza. From the reviews it sounded like a perfect little family pizza place. However that was not our experience. The first thing that catches you when you walk in the door is the harsh smell of cleaner. I've been to many great pizzeria's and none of them ever smelled like Zep tile cleaner. Next the $10.00 greek salad was a small amount of mixed baby greens with a few chopped onions and fewer sprinkles of feta cheese. The grand final is when you realize that you just paid 20.00 for a pizza that is bland at best. The final trick of the night was when we asked for a to go box and the lady piled five pieces of pizza on top of each other in a clam shell instead of giving us a cardboard box. So my teenager couldn't even eat the left overs. The only thing good I have to say about this place is that it was clean.

8  Thank paullB9728MK
ucp102006, Owner at Upper Crust Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

When it comes to biased, hateful, and meaningless reviews, this one certainly is at the top of the list. Unable to find any significant fault with our business and full of inexplicable hatred, this guy resorts to fabricating a bunch of vapid falsehoods aimed to discourage potential customers and to disparage our business. Let’s address his petty dissatisfactions one by one:
1) The harsh smell of cleaner,
What he is complaining about is the smell of cleanliness and sanitation combined with the odor arising from baking wholesome foods. What he, in his ignorance, dismissively refers to tile Zep cleaner, is a professional cleaner formulated specifically to clean, sanitize, and protect food contact surfaces. It has a citrus fragrance that has nothing to do with the gross misrepresentation of a tile cleaner. There are no tiles in our restaurant, therefore, there is no need to use tile cleaners.
2) The $10 Greek salad,
He maliciously forgets to mention that our Greek salad, in addition to the crumbled Feta cheese and the red onions, also comes with mixed greens, veggie mix (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), tomatoes, pepperoncini and Kalamata olives. It is a generous portion specifically designed to be shared by two people.
3) $20 for a pizza that is bland at best,
The prices in our menu are not negotiable and they follow the current inflationary trend in the price of food and packaging items. You might as well forget about cheap, high quality food. The vast majority of our reviews are positive and rave about the quality, flavor, presentation and personality of our food. This guy’s olfactory and gustatory perceptions can use some help. He is a good candidate for frozen, prefabricated pizza.
4) The boxing of the left overs,
Here once more, his choice of words shows his malevolent intent. What he refers to as a “trick” is nothing more than an action aimed to reduce waste. We don’t subscribe to the wasteful attitude of certain people that see no problem in receiving a small item the size of matchbox shipped inside of a 13 X 7 X 7 container. We provide cardboard boxes at our discretion and at no cost based on the number of slices and with the best packaging arrangement to minimize waste. We are happy to accommodate special packaging requests at an additional charge.
5) The place was clean,
Oh My God!!. Mr. Perfection noted something positive about our place!! I guess I am grateful.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I love the place. Consistently great pizza. the entire staff always makes sure your satisfied and happy.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I was going to go with 4 stars but her love for the place kicked it up

I thought the pizza was ok, not spectacular. The sauce was kind of bland

She had the chicken salad and thought it was great. I tried the chicken. I'm not sure what they did to it but it was great.

After that she tried the pizza and raved about the sauce. She said i thought it was bland because of all the tomatoes in it just like she prefers.

Our 2 year old ate 1/8 of a 16" pizza and then some of her moms salad.

They both loved it so I will yield to the majority

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Husband and I visited this restaurant while waiting to watch the sunset from the seven mile bridge. To be honest, I am always a little leary about small family owned restaurants .... I have visited a few that have been dirty, etc. When walking into this restaurant, I was immediately struck by the cleanliness!! WOW!! No dust to be found on light fixtures, décor, ledges, etc. The tables and chairs, including backs and legs were sparkling! The care and pride these owners have their restaurant is very apparent. Service was excellent, food was excellent and overall experience was great.

2  Thank Sunseekergirl77