“Very good thin crust pizza”
Review of Upper Crust Pizza

Upper Crust Pizza
Ranked #33 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We went to Upper Crust based on a Trip Advisor recommendation and it was spot on. The White Pizza was fantastic! Between the 3 of us we polished off a medium pizza with no problem. Would definitely go back the next time we are in the keys.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We found this place a few years ago and just went back again. We always come here for the greatest Pizza, that we consider matches up to the best of the best anywhere. You need to try it if your nearby and crave a Pizza

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went here only because we were able to walk here from Tranquility Bay Resort. We typically like a more formal restaurant, but that just wasn't in the cards.

I started with a salad with the feta dressing. It was fine. Nothing special. We each ordered a personal pizza, which were also good. Again, nothing special.

The service was fast and courteous. No complaints. The decor was a bit lacking, but I can see that that isn't the focus of this restaurant.

We enjoy wine with our dinner. They only serve little single servings in bottles like you get on an airplane.

We should have just gotten our pizzas to go and had our own wine. Ah, hindsight.

1  Thank Ttttraveler
ucp102006, Owner at Upper Crust Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

I can only surmise after reading this review that somehow Your highness veered out of course and ended up at a humble restaurant in a quaint little town undeserving of her patrician status.

I regret that we were not prepared to satisfy your exquisite gourmet palate and discriminating wine taste.

You should have called ahead of time and I would have arranged for a tuxedo-clad butler who may have greeted you at the door, led you to your table making sure that you never step out of the red carpet, presented you with a bill of fares in accordance with your discerning tastes, and recommended a vintage wine with the proper balance of lively fruit and creamy texture.

Ah, hoity-toities.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having read the reviews we decided to try out Upper Crust Pizza and were not disappointed. We had meatballs & spaghetti for appetisers followed by Pizza for mains and shared a slice of Homemade Coconut Cheesecake for afters. The food was divine, service was speedy and personable, the Restuarant was spotless. I'm not sure how anyone could fault this Restuarant - we've been on the Keys for 2 weeks and can honestly say this is without a doubt the BEST Restuarant we've eaten in and trust me we've eaten in way too many ;-) The food is undoubtably cooked fresh to order and worth the wait - it makes such a pleasant change not to have your food handed to you 2mins after you've ordered it like so many other places. Starters & mains were piping hot - another delightful change :-) We even ordered an extra slice of coconut cheesecake to take home as it was scrumptious :-) This is the first review I've written on Trip Advisor and having read some of the negative reviews I felt it was important to do this... You only have to read the owners replies to the negative reviews to know that this family truly aim to provide Great Quality Food & Service & we're happy to Commend them for it as I'm sure lots more people will do.. Thanks a mill :-)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My weeks end in the keys most of the time. Marathon is one of my family favorite key. I dont like domino's nor pizza hut since they have very spicy and unhealthy ingredients, and places are awful. Last weekend my family and I were craving for pizza and tried a Google search. This place came out at first, and decided to go. I must say I've been eating around for the last 6 years and haven't noticed this place at all. Business owners need to attract customers by putting signs. The place is very clean and smells different than other restaurants in the keys. The ambient was very nice too. We ordered 2 large pizzas, with cheese and onion. I was worried about the crust (I always order thin and crispy) but they have a unique crust which was awesome. The ingredients were light taste, which I love because I have a little girl. The owners were there all the time and very nice both. I'll definitely go again.