“Cheryl is a doll.”

Butterfly Cafe
Ranked #2 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Savor Florida Keys dining with award-winning tropical cuisine indoor or outdoor at Tranquility Bay Resort's own Butterfly Café. Butterfly Café captures the essence of island cuisine with an emphasis on quality, local ingredients and, of course, ocean fresh seafood in a beautiful airy Marathon restaurant setting. Open daily for dinner, the menu and wine list at Butterfly Café change seasonally. Children will delight in a special menu designed just for them. Dinner is served nightly from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at our restaurant in Marathon and reservations are encouraged. Dine outdoors on Butterfly Café's covered patio, or enjoy the impressive dining room inside with its soaring ceiling and casual yet sophisticated decor. Our dinner menu features tantalizing offerings like Florida Keys’ Shrimp Cocktail, Tropical Crab Cakes, Panko Encrusted Florida Grouper, Key Lime Pie, TDF 'To Die For' Sticky Toffee Pudding and more. Casual resort attire recommended at this Florida Keys restaurant.
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Food is great, service is great!
Worth the dough.
Mahi mahi awesome and go for the flourless choc cake. Very good menu for us gf folks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed August 30, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here last week (Aug. 2014) and it was absolutely perfect. Our server Cheryl couldn't have been more pleasant and made very good recommendations regarding selections. The restaurnt offers inside dinning and porch seating. We chose to dine on the porch for the scenery, which was very pleasant even in August. I had the grouper and my wife had the coconut shrimp. Both of our dinners were perfectly prepared and we thoughroughly enjoyed them. We finished with their very different, but delicious, key-lime pie. It is a work of art in itself (see the posted photos). The restaurant setting is beautiful so plan a little extra time to walk down along the waterfront. If you're looking for an elegant but casual dinner in the keys, this is the place. Any trip we take to this area will definitely include another visit.

3  Thank Johncc M
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Absolutely delicious, I had the Mahi Mahi and my partner had the Scallop Risotto; we still can't stop thinking about the food! Key Lime Pie for dessert was heavenly, all the options looked good if only we could eat them all! Service was also really good, we had an attentive waitress and the atmosphere was relaxed yet sophisticated. Although slightly on the pricier side, we would happily go back. Highly recommended.

3  Thank The80sTravellers
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place i loved!!! What a cute little place, waitress was so nice and the food amazing! I am so glad we went for dinner. I had the scallop Risotto and my husband had the mahi mahi sandwich followed by the flowerless chocolate cake. Everything was made to perfection. I would go back if in town!!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Lots of places to eat in the Keys, but tough to find a true 5 Star experience. I would say The Butterfly Cafe exceeded my expectations, great fresh food, fantastic friendly service !