“Very pleasent diner in a delightful setting”
Review of Butterfly Cafe

Butterfly Cafe
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Savor Florida Keys dining with award-winning tropical cuisine indoor or outdoor at Tranquility Bay Resort's own Butterfly Café. Butterfly Café captures the essence of island cuisine with an emphasis on quality, local ingredients and, of course, ocean fresh seafood in a beautiful airy Marathon restaurant setting. Open daily for dinner, the menu and wine list at Butterfly Café change seasonally. Children will delight in a special menu designed just for them. Dinner is served nightly from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at our restaurant in Marathon and reservations are encouraged. Dine outdoors on Butterfly Café's covered patio, or enjoy the impressive dining room inside with its soaring ceiling and casual yet sophisticated decor. Our dinner menu features tantalizing offerings like Florida Keys’ Shrimp Cocktail, Tropical Crab Cakes, Panko Encrusted Florida Grouper, Key Lime Pie, TDF 'To Die For' Sticky Toffee Pudding and more. Casual resort attire recommended at this Florida Keys restaurant.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went there for a birthday. The choice was eating inside or outside. I would chose outside if there is any wind. Bugs could be an issue outside with no wind. The waiting staff was excellant, the food was quite good. I had baked seafood and my companion filet, and flourless chocolate cake was to die for.
Inside is also lovely- a plantation setting!

There are newer reviews for Butterfly Cafe

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We visited this restaurant after driving from our resort in Duck Key. When we entered the hotel fascility (where the restaurant is located), we instantly got the impression that this is going to be good. The restaurant is in a romantic setting and basically everything around you is charming in some way.Our waitress, Cheryl, is a wonderful and pasionate woman with a sincere interest in basically every item on the menu. I wanted to take her home! Food turned out to be very good as well (9/10). Though my filet mignon was good, I recommend my girlfriends choice, the crap and garlic Snapper, even more.

The only negative was when we where seated. My girlfriend asked me if the girl that greeted us seemed grumpy and sort of arrogant. I remember thinking the same, wich pretty much means the she was. Put up a smile next time and everything will be perfect. First impression is everything.

1  Thank CeeDeeGee
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We arrived late and were able to take advantage of the fact that the people who had reservations never showed. We ate out on the terrace/porch. The service was friendly, the atmosphere was magical. It was February but warm and lovely in Marathon. I knew the Butterfly Cafe was listed as one of the best restaurants in Marathon and the rating is well-deserved. The smoked fish dip was the best and I'll now rate everyone else's against the Butterfly Cafe's. I had the special that night, which was a Panko-crusted grouper. Not sure what my husband had. I was too focused on my own plate!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I went to Butterfly Cafe based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, so we went not knowing what to expect. We had called ahead of time as we were kind of doing a late dinner reservation (it was about 8:30 pm and they said the kitchen closed at 9 pm) so we rushed there - we actually didn't have to rush because they were very welcoming and weren't at all pushy in regards to the kitchen closing time.
They have a dining room, but an outdoor seating area as well, so since it was a nice warm (but not humid) evening, we decided to sit out in on their porch, like the rest of the guests there. The porch had great white wicker furniture, with lots of pillows; it was very beautiful and tranquil. It was great to have dinner in the sounds of nature. There were also 2 kittens that would come by the guests' tables; our polite hostess explained to us that they were for cutting down the number of lizards on the property and guests were encouraged not to feed the cats so they would have an appetite for lizards.
We ordered the chowder, penne, and I think a fish dish; all the food was amazing, perfectly cooked. At the end, we had a piece of their award winning version of key lime pie, which was great as well; light, not too tart, and refreshing.
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place; it has a great atmosphere, made me feel relaxed just to sit on the porch, and the service and food are excellent. A little bit on he pricey side, but was well worth it.

1  Thank Joanie T
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Hubby & I celebrated Valentine's dinner here. The atmosphere is classic "Old Florida" set amongst old hardwoods and palms. The food was very good and thoughtfully prepared, just expect to pay a premium for the fine service and quality (not quantity).

1  Thank Conquistadores