“Service and food fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Butterfly Cafe

Butterfly Cafe
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Savor Florida Keys dining with award-winning tropical cuisine indoor or outdoor at Tranquility Bay Resort's own Butterfly Café. Butterfly Café captures the essence of island cuisine with an emphasis on quality, local ingredients and, of course, ocean fresh seafood in a beautiful airy Marathon restaurant setting. Open daily for dinner, the menu and wine list at Butterfly Café change seasonally. Children will delight in a special menu designed just for them. Dinner is served nightly from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at our restaurant in Marathon and reservations are encouraged. Dine outdoors on Butterfly Café's covered patio, or enjoy the impressive dining room inside with its soaring ceiling and casual yet sophisticated decor. Our dinner menu features tantalizing offerings like Florida Keys’ Shrimp Cocktail, Tropical Crab Cakes, Panko Encrusted Florida Grouper, Key Lime Pie, TDF 'To Die For' Sticky Toffee Pudding and more. Casual resort attire recommended at this Florida Keys restaurant.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Service and food fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wait staff extremely professional and friendly. Our waitress Nancy was a gem. The menu was the perfect size--not too limiting but not so big that you knew quality was sacrificed for variety.

Visited August 2013

Old Harbour, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
“The best key lime pie I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had a fantastic dinner, especially the Key Lime Pie with the Chocolate Mousse it was divine, I want to say special thanks to Chef Mareen who made this experience the best one I've ever had.

• Visited June 2013
Allegany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

During my stay at Tranquility Bay in July I had the BEST dinner at Butterfly Cafe! The food was fantastic, service exceptional, and once again I had the pleasure of being greeted by the front desk staff and Barry, Front Office Manager. I am looking forward to my return to Tranquility Bay and the Butterfly Cafe in the near future!

• Visited July 2013
Livingston, New Jersey
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

To celebrate my husband's birthday while we were on vacation, we dined at Butterfly Cafe. The Samba salad, mozzarella and tomato salad and tuna napoleon appetizers were all fresh and delicious starters. Scallop Risotto, filet mignon and key lime pie were great.

Visited August 2013
Taylor, Pennsylvania
“Flavortown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at the Butterfly Cafe where Nancy wined and dined us. We couldn't believe that service of this caliber was present in such a casual location like the Florida Keys. This turns out that this isn't the norm for the Keys,but Nancy was an exception. The food and service were out of this world and worth every penny. You are really selling yourself short if you do not dine in this restaurant at least one night during your stay.I went with the scallop risotto dish since I overheard other guests at the resort raving about it. It was creamy and flavorful with some of the most flavor packed scallops I have ever eaten. Some restaurants seem to have a difficult time figuring out exactly how to make risotto,but the Butterfly Cafe hit the nail on the head. My wife decided to go with the yellowtail dish and she said it tasted like it was caught earlier that afternoon. Talk about fresh and local ingrediants...this place has them. we didn't save room for dessert,so we opted to take a piece of key lime pie back to our room for later. This key lime pie is truly homemade and absolutely blew our socks off. It is a frozen take on the traditional key lime pie with a chocolate mouse and chocolate cookie crust. Put this on your list to try!

• Visited July 2013