“Time of my life!”

Callion Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded over 25 years ago, Callion Fishing Charters ranks among the most skilled and versatile professional guides in the Florida Keys and Costa Rica. Captain Jack Callion has guided his clients to over 5000 tarpon catches, landed all five Atlantic billfish out of Marathon, and was a four time recipient of the Metropolitan Miami Guide Achievement Award. Five years ago, Captain Jack's son, John, joined the business as a licensed captain and guide. Both father and son have worked with television producers and appeared in a number of television shows. Jack and John Callion enjoy fishing with anglers of any age and skill level, taking pride in sharing their vast knowledge with beginners and veterans alike!
West Frankfort
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Time of my life!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Went tarpon fishing with Capt Jack today and it was terrific! He has really got these fish figured out. I really enjoyed our times between bites as well. We talked like old friends and he answered my many questions. If you've been fishing one time or 1000 times you will feel at ease with Capt Jack. Great fishing experience. Can't wait to go again. Thanks Capt Jack!

4 Thank mojosme

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Capt Jack RULES”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went out with Capt Jack and couldn't believe how many tarpon we saw rolling!! Best catch of my life was a nice 50lb tarpon which also gave us a nice show by jumping out of the water a few times. A+++ rating and highly recommended Capt Jack knows all the best spots in Marathon

3 Thank Brookejacobs253
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Jack Rocks!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

First time fishing with the whole family and Captain Jack brought them home!! Great experience!!!! Would definitely recommend going CATCHING with these guys!

2 Thank Junkit99
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“10 Stars!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend has been dreaming of fishing in Marathon Florida since he saw it featured on a fishing show years ago. When we began planning this trip, a fishing charter was at the top of his must have list. I started researching...I am the planner in the relationship,,,and was so overwhelmed by the choices! Given that I have no knowledge of fishing, I kept dragging my heals on booking anything. He is an avid fisherman, and has been participating in fishing tournaments since high school...needless to say, he had very high expectations and I was so worried I would make the wrong choice. He decided to just wait until we got down there to pick a charter. I am soooo glad we did. Once down there I offered to email the owner of our rental condo to get some advice on fishing around the property. On a whim, I asked if he could also recommend a fishing charter that would provide my boyfriend the experience he was looking for. Again....so glad I did! He adamantly recommended Callion Fishing Charters. He said, Captain Jack was the man!!! He was so right. I did not personally go on the fishing charter...but I knew it was all my boyfriend wanted and more as soon as the first text arrived. Him and his nine year old son were as excited as I had ever seen them when they got back. He could not sing Captain Jack's praises enough. They got along very well, and have even remained in contact. Very professional, very knowledgeable. We are already planning another trip to Marathon and to possibly Costa Rica so that he can fish with Jack again. My boyfriend, who has been a bass man forever has found a new love in Tarpon fishing because of Callion Charters. He has told me repeatedly that this was the trip of a lifetime. Oh...and that television show that featured Marathon, the one that began his fascination with Marathon Florida...the expert on that show...yep, Jack Callion. What a crazy, wonderful coincidence. Book your fishing charter NOW!

Visited July 2014
5 Thank lulujoy76
Libertyville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“TOP SHELF , NONE BETTER”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been fishing with Jack for a good 16 years and I have chartered tons of boats in my time fishing and NO ONE has ever come close to Jack's expertise! I know thru experience the cost and disappointment of getting the wrong captain to take you out fishing, with Jack and his son you get nothing less than the most experienced and professional fishermen in the Keys! YOU WILL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CALLIONS, I PROMISE YOU THAT !!!

Brian from Libertyville, Il.

Visited May 2014