Message from TripAdvisor:

“Unit 65 Indigo Reef Marathon Key” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indigo Reef Marina Homes Resort

Indigo Reef Marina Homes Resort
Prosper, Texas
“Unit 65 Indigo Reef Marathon Key”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

A most impressive resort, our condo was clean and ready for our arrival after a hectic day of travel with 3 small children. The views were fantastic, the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing, (except for about 10 minutes of the people next door yelling at each other), the view from the porches was to die for. The pool was super nice, plenty warm even in early January. I certainly will be back again. The only real negative, although certainly not a major issue, was towels and hand towels, and the washing machine, which sounded like a military helicopter. Definitely one of my best vacations ever.

Room Tip: The three bedrooms are very spacious, very open.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were a group of 11 people staying in 63, 64, and 65 which were the 3 bedroom units. We were blown away by the cleanliness of the resort, especially the rooms. The porches overlooking Florida Bay provided breath taking views of the night sky and during the day the areas wild life. The pool was large and private. Each condo had its own boat slip which we didn’t need as we came to the Keys on motorcycles, but it was a great feature.
The condo's made you feel at home right away. The kitchens were fully equipped with house wares and appliances. These condos are really full size, fully furnished homes. The bedding was so comfortable it was tough giving up that comfort each morning.
All this was hard to leave behind when the time came to check out, we wanted to stay and never leave. We will be back however and hopefully it will be very soon. Love this place

Room Tip: If you can opt for one of the 63-66 units, its a little walk to the pool and fitness center but the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellis E
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We absolutely enjoyed our condo rental!!!! The unit was perfect for our small family reunion. Completely relaxing. We stayed in unit 22. Excellent location, beautiful rooms and grounds!!! The only negative we had was the drive to Key West which is about 55 miles south. Otherwise, we LOVED our vacation rental!!!!! Will be coming back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I made it down to the Keys for the first time in October and what a great area. I spent a lot of the time in Marathon area and was looking for a place to relax, take in a few sunsets and just
de-stress, boy did I ever pick the right vacation rental!

I stayed in Unit #56 which as fate would have it, was a very lucky choice, someone was watching out for me. The owner of 56 has just redone everything in this unit. I had the opportunity to view some of the other units while on the property and they were nice, but this unit was “exceptional.” I have stayed at numerous properties around the world, but this unit just has "it."

From the moment I walked through the door, I could feel the stress start to melt away. I got settled in and went out on the deck to take in the view and enjoy a cold beverage. It was nice and quiet and you can see for miles. When the sun started to set, the view from the deck was breathtaking. Normally it takes me a couple of days to settle into a place and relax, but not in this case. There is just something about a spectacular sunset and the sound of the breeze whisking through the coconut trees next to this unit that melted all the stress away.

I retired for the evening after catching up on a few minutes of news on one of the new big screens the unit has. The beds are also new and very comfortable and I got a great night of rest. After some morning coffee out on the deck I made myself some breakfast. The kitchen, like the rest of the unit, has been completely redone very recently, with new granite counters, refrigerator, microwave, etc.

I spent another hour on the deck and just took in the scenery. They keep the grounds immaculate. I then went out and tried out their Olympic size heated pool which was also very well kept. I had a chance to talk with some of the staff, as well as the property manager and they were all warm and very friendly.

There are several great restaurants in the immediate area that have great atmosphere and very good food as well.

Bottom line, I will be back sooner, rather than later and I will make sure I'm staying in unit # 56!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank MTFlyFish
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Pros:
I almost hate to review this resort. This may be the best kept secret in the Keys! Excellent location, beautiful villas, and the best sunsets! This is a very relaxing resort, designed for the water enthusiast. Beautiful pool and we kept our boat right out back. If you're looking for a lot of entertainment, this is not for you. If your looking for a place that is almost a second home, this is it.

Cons:
Covered parking is limited to one vehicle per villa. All others must be parked in "Oversized/Guest" area. This is a small resort so PRIOR arrangements must be made to keep boat trailers off-site.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank VacationBeachPad
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Actually, unit 47 was one of four units we rented at Indigo Reef for an extended family vacation. We also had #13, #17, and #27. ALL were well furnished and pleasantly decorated, providing a comfortable home base for exploring Marathon and other areas of the Florida Keys. I will add that #13 has recently been refurnished in an appealing style that differs somewhat from the more standard packages found in the other three units, but all were very nice and clean with comfortable bedding.

Indigo Reef is especially appealing for pleasure boaters and fishermen with convenient docking just outside your door. The generously sized pool provided great fun for the teen-ager games of Frisbee as well as an opportunity for our "power swimmers" to do their daily laps. Comfortable loungers are available for sunbather / readers as well. In addition, the drives to grocery stores, Sombrero Beach and the public tennis courts were short and easy. Our divers made arrangements for their excursions with a dive operator located less than a mile away. The drive to Key West is a little over one hour.

This was my second stay at Indigo Reef and I sincerely intend that it will not be my last. The grounds are appealing and relaxing...other guests were friendly and engaging...this is just a delightful place to "get away from it all" in the Florida Keys while still having access to multiple activities, restaurants and a variety of shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in villa 63 during Labor Day Weekend and it was great. The villa was huge, clean and very modern. There were 10 of us, along with 2 kids...although the villa sleeps 8, we were able to all bunk together with no problem, thanks to our inflatable beds. The sofa bed was not too comfy so I suggest bringing an inflatable bed if you had planned on using it. The villa is gorgeous, the back deck is awesome, especially at night, and the view from the living room french doors is to die for :) Sunsets were especially beautiful right from the villa's decks. The only things I have to complain about were not enough pool/beach towels, parking space for multiple cars, and absolutely no bed sheets for the sofa bed! Luckily, we brought an extra set of bed sheets for one of the inflatable beds but in order for us to be able to use the other one, we had to make a quick run to K-Mart to buy some. Publix, Walgreens, Winn-Dixie, as well as K-Mart are a mere 6 minutes away by car, which was great. There isn't any privacy in the back deck (both upstairs and downstairs) at all but the view and day/night breezes make up for that...what else can I say...hmm..bring bug repelent if you want to hang out outside at night, whether it be at the pool, boat dock, or villa decks, and bring your own pool/beach towels...they charge you $35 if you lose one of theirs. All in all, a great place to stay for the price!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,504 reviews

Been to Indigo Reef Marina Homes Resort? Share your experiences!