“You've got to be kidding me.”
Review of Sea Dell Motel

Sea Dell Motel
Ranked #3 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The place looks like a taco, isn't by the water and the grass was high.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank reenasmith
rosecare, Manager at Sea Dell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2009

Dear Ms. Smith - although our records do not show that you stayed with us in May 2009, we are sorry if you did indeed stay at our motel and were not happy. Please know that guest comfort is our most important priority. As your complaints are not specific, we hope that you will contact us to clarify so that we can address them for future guests.

There are newer reviews for Sea Dell Motel

Reviewed August 25, 2009

MY wife and i made our first trip to the keys from central florida. After driving all night and up all day we were quite exhausted and checked into the sea dell for the night.. The room was very nice for the price and we negoiated a discount for a four night stay. All rooms were non smoking ( we both smoke) and they provided a chair and ash tray just outside your door. However after checking out and returning home i checked my bank account and discovered the motel had CHARGED US A 250.00 smoking fee stating we smoked in our room which we never did.. The chairs and ash trays are located about 2 feet from your door and an AC unit just above your chair anytime anyone enters or exits the door will draw a trace of smoke into the room plus the AC draws in air from outside.. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We contacted the motel and was given a phone number for the motel owner to dispuit the charge and he was very head strong on still charging us for smoking inside. He told us the cleaning staff found ashes in the room which was a lie ..the staff gets a bonus for turning in a smoker in a room i found out.. The only thing i did was dump the ashtray in the little waste basket just inside the door. The sad thing is they are willing to believe the cleaning staff over a customer and my wife and i were planning a trip next year and staying at the sea dell but after this nightmare i would never consider it.. SO SMOKERS BEWARE ..MY suggestion is they need a patio away from the rooms for a smoking area..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stetson_1957
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We picked the Sea Dell because of its location, half way to the keys. However, Marathon is nothing to shout about and in hindsight we should have pressed on to Key West and stayed there. The motel was fine, friendly staff, but not as nice as it looks in the photos, pretty basic rooms, tiny shower/loo/sink and THE noisiest air conditioning units anywhere, which if your a light sleeper will probably keep you awake. The pool however was very warm and a nice size for the children to splash about in with towels provided.
Marathon is very spread out and not many good places to eat, only stay there if you can't face the next 60 mile journey to key west

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank miztraveller
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to Florida. I carefully checked out websites and we love the old mom and pop motels. So we took our chances with the SEA DELL. Upon our arrival we were given a map with local restaurants and beaches listed. Being the 4th of July we were told where the fireworks were going to be that night. We instantly fell in love with the tropical colors and the flowers surrounding it. We were on a budget and felt it was more important to have comfort and convenience than to spend a fortune on somewhere to sleep. The rooms are adorable, the staff so helpful and friendly. The rooms were spotless (compared to Budget Inn we stayed at upon our arrival in Naples. Here a Budget Inn and a cockroach in the bathroom. Shame on them!!! Next time we will drive to the SEA DELL after getting off the plane. Tired or not, raining cats and dogs, we'll make a B-line directly to the SEA DELL.) The SEA DELL was just adorable. We loved the soft towels which they replaced everyday and the bed linens were divine. I have already made plans to return either this holiday season or next summer. We're bringing more budget minded friends and relatives. Thank you to the staff of the SEA DELL for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celebrating25years
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Sea Dell provides a great value for the keys. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. This has been our second stay at the Sea Dell and we plan to return. The rooms are well equipped. Our room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. We plan to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littlbit001
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and teenaged son stayed at the Sea Dell last summer for a couple nights. Here's the good stuff....the room was nice - super clean and comfortable. No complaints about the bed or the bath. I like vintage motels, and this one was a good one! The check in and out was fine, and the price was okay. I think we paid just over $100.00. But it's just a place to put your head down. It's right on the main highway. All the rooms I saw appeared the same to me. There was no privacy for sitting outside and the view was either the parking lot and highway or the parking lot and the highway. The pool is secluded from the Highway, but then again...right on the main road. You constantly here the traffic going by. We did take a swim or two and really enjoyed the pool. Again, this area was super clean. There were some creepy people in one of the rooms near the pool. They looked to me to be constuction workers or extended stayer's. Smoking and drinking outside of the room. Seemed unusual for a place like this. Made me uncomfortable and I wouldn't let me teen roam around on his own. I didn't complain to the management - one because we were leaving the next day and two because the people we in the room just across from the office and I feel they should have been aware. To sum it up....clean and cute, but if you want to enjoy inside and out of your place....I don't think this it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I had read all the good reviews before we booked this motel. They were all correct! When we checked in, I asked if we could have a room with a view of the courtyard. She told us that the one we booked was less expensive, and it would cost more for one of those rooms. But then upgraded us at no charge! The room was great, just what you would think of in the keys! Why pay more for a big chain hotel. The room we had included a full size refrigerator microwave even a little kitchen. Couldn't ask for any better! I liked it better then the Courtyard and the Hampton Inn's we stayed at! I have some digital videos of the motel, if anyone wants to see!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank casper150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Sea Dell Motel? Share your experiences!