Sea Dell Motel
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$203
$189
Hyatt.com
$169
$127
HIExpress.com
$279
AscendHotels
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$125
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
$120
$107
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
Hotels.com
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$115
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
$369
All reviewssombrero beachkey westroom was cleantwo double bedsmicrowave and fridgeoverseas highwaycoffee makersmall roomold floridanice poolmiddle keyshome basebahia hondaair conditionerofficemilebridge
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had driven down to The Keys for a couple of days....to visit a couple of Museums I had not had time to visit during my last visit a few years ago. However, I could not find a place to stay in Key West......Spring Break and St Patrick's Day week-end. So I did the Museums I wanted to see and drove North again up to Marathon. I had seen the sign and caught a glimpse of the Sea Dell Motel on my way South. When I spotted it again....I stopped and signed in. This Motel is "just like the Good Old Days!!! I stayed for one night. It is so quaint and colorful with lovely gardens. It reminded me of a cross between Cape Cod where I am from, and the West Indies where I used to teach.....50 years ago. It is a Small and Cozy motel, quite Comfortable and extremely Charming. I was greeted by a Most Kind and Helpful Young Woman and I settled in for a very Peaceful and Restful night!!! I am telling all my friends. This is Find!!!!

Room Tip: My room was #9....in the back. It was like living on a Tiny Keys Lane. Very Beautiful, Colorful and Well Lit without being invasive.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed (and reviewed) 4 years ago; just got back from our 2-night second stay - in the same unit, even! We stayed in #23 which is one of their "extra large double" rooms - it was an accessible/handicapped unit but gave us the room we needed for our family. I am happy to say that the quality and my recommendation has remained consistent. It is a mom-and-pop type of quaint roadside motel - nothing fancy at all, and definitely without the luxury/elegance - which is, in my opinion (again) exactly what is required for a trip to the area ... right down to the old-fashioned keys (actual keys, vs. automated key cards). Lacey working the front desk is very friendly and helpful, the Sea Dell is incredibly convenient to activities in Marathon, but also Key West to the south and upper Keys to the north. Shopping and food is across the street and in very close proximity, the pool is cute, and the murals on the walls can't help but make you smile. I am glad the floors (at least in our unit) are tile, I hate carpet in motels/hotels (yuck) and while it isn't perfect (there were little harmless ants, for example, congregating near our room's microwave), it completely met our expectations. Something about having pristine and ultra-classy accommodations while in the Keys just seems weird; a friendly, accommodating, comfortable motel that's kept its charm from decades of the past seem exactly right. I expect to be staying here again on our next trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clamc40
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We needed a motel because of a reservation problem. We were soo happy to find the Sea Dell.
We were in Marathon 36 years ago and this was a perfect first night back.
We wished we could spend the next 2 weeks there instead of at our original reservation, it was so cute. Get a room in the back, private and serene. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter and have there own feel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John R
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here in February for 5 nights. We chose one of the efficiencies down the street from the rest of the units. Because of this, we were further away from the main road, making out stay much quieter. The house next to us was having a big party one night, but we could hardly tell, as the room is close to soundproof. The kitchen is nice and the shower large. There is also a barbeque in the front of the unit, which came in handy for the fish we got at the market down the street. The only improvements would be a kitchen vent and a mirror in the bathroom for smaller individuals. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Sea Dell is a classic '50's style hotel. Our room was spotlessly clean and the property has been very well maintained. We stayed in room 24 which is an end unit with a king-size bed. We had a small refrigerator and microwave, table and chairs, flat-screen TV and the best part, everything worked. Our only complaint, and we didn't notice this when we checked in to our room, was a very deep humming sound. It was very noticeable when we tried to go to sleep. Sometimes it was a solid hum and at other times is pulsed. Once started, it continued for hours. Checking the room and walking around the outside of the building didn't reveal where the noise came from. Had we stayed more than one night we would have asked to be moved. We checked out before the office opened in the morning so were unable to report the noise problem.

The owner's have paid close attention to details that really enhance the South Florida vibe. There was a fish pond outside our room, little tables and chairs begged for a picnic or just an evening chat. The pool looked inviting. One thing that caught our eye was a device to assist a non-ambulatory person in and out of the pool. Pretty thoughtful. To me it was obvious that the owner was working very hard to provide a nice experience for all their guests. If we are ever in the area again, we would come back to the Sea Dell.

Room Tip: Room 24 had an annoying humming sound that bothered us at night. If it hasn't been fixed, ask for another room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
rosecare, Owner at Sea Dell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We are so sorry about the noise disturbance and have discovered the source. The pump for the pond was vibrating and creating the sound you heard. We are so sorry! Problem solved and hope that you come back again for another visit so you can experience the peace and quiet of the Florida Keys. Thank you for your detailed review!