“Great food & perfect setting”

Island Fish Company
Ranked #23 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
“Great food & perfect setting”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our best meal out during out stay at Marathon. Great food, reasonable prices and the view perfect for sunset. Service was excellent as well. This is a must for your trip.

Visited June 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Boca Grande, Florida
“Dinner with friends...”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We decided to have dinner here with friends that were staying nearby, they were vacationing for a few weeks and mentioned this was one of the better restaurants around. We had a late dinner so we were sat immediately by the water, the staff seemed very polite and friendly. We ordered drinks and started out with the calamari which was basic, nothing spectacular. For dinner I personally ordered a salad with the breaded chicken and it was very good, my fiancé ordered the seafood quesadillas and said they were good as well. This seems like a very "normal" place to go out to eat, nothing you will ever crave but overall was perfect for the experience.

• Visited May 2014
“I don't get it”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My family and I chose to eat at the island for lunch one day. I am a little confused, this place isn't even on an island. I was able to drive my car there. Besides the initial confusion, my experience here was fantastic. Great on the water seating a delicious food. The mahi was great.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Pshhh17
Miami
“The view”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place, I grew up in Marathon and this place has been a staple in the kids family own and operated this is an amazing place,food,wait staff and the best cocktails in the island. I no longer live in the keys but I make sure that when I come back to visit I stop In my favorite place The island!!!

• Visited March 2014
Englewood, Florida
“Revisited and still great!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have been coming to the Island Fish Company for about ten years, but somehow never got there the last two trips to the Keys. We went down for lunch this trip and were pleasantly surprised at the improvements made to the facilities. The gift shop has been relocated, and the floors upgraded, and a new cover over the open air dining waterside. The only drawback we found is that the awning radiates quite a bit of hear mid-day. So, if there is not a good breeze, you should consider seating under the roof.

The restrooms have been redone and enlarged as well. Specialties include all the standard seafood items, and their shrimp is still one of the best dishes in the Keys.

Sunsets - probably one of the best in the central Keys.

• Visited May 2014