“Great Breakfast and Dinner”

Island Fish Company
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We (3 of us) ate breakfast and dinner at the Island FIsh Company. The view and food was very good! We all enjoyed our breakfast, which kind of surprised me because the restaurat looks like a lunch and dinner restaurant from the road. We went back for dinner a couple of nights later. My son was dealing with an upset stomach and asked for a side salad when we were first seated, and it came out immediately - even before we ordered drinks or our meal. I had the shellfish lovers pasta, without clams or mussels, and there were still plenty of shrimp and scallops! In fact, I couldn't finish the pasta, Our servers, both times, were very nice and efficient. Unfortunately, we weren't able to enjoy the view, due to blustery weather that required them to put the plastic blinds down, but you could tell that on a nice day it would have been beautiful! We will definitely go back there next time we're in the Keys!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were lucky enough to be seated outside a half hour before sundown so we got the whole show with our very good meal.
We had crab cakes with mango and they were very good. My husband had grouper with pesto and I had grilled grouper. When I requested extra vegetable instead of a starch, the friendly waiter was happy to comply.
Best of all, the sunset on the gulf was spectacular.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Island Fish Company is an excellent restaurant! The staff was very nice. The stone crabs with the lime sauce was great. The lobster bisque was creamy and very tasty. I had the grilled grouper with mango salsa and it was amazing! My daughter said she did not like seafood sampled all of this and loved it also! Great place to eat!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a good time at the restaurant today. We dropped by right at lunchtime and we were able to sit right away. There is a large outdoor seating area, most of which is in the shade. There were 4 of us and we tried out the featured beers (Stone IPA, Stiegl Radler, Milk Stout) and they were all good. For food we had grilled mojo chicken breast, big city red hot dog, grill shrimp tacos and Baja fish tacos. Each one of those was delicious. I especially liked the grilled shrimp tacos as each tacos had 2 jumbo shrimps in them. The service was perhaps a bit on the slow side but the server knew we were in no hurry so we were fine with that.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Nice atmosphere, good service, and great food. Really enjoyed our dinner here on the water. We were seated quickly and our server took our drink order right away. They had put up heavy plastic to keep the wind off of the outside diners so that was nice. I would go again for sure.