“Good food with lacklustre service”

Island Fish Company
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Was shown to a table overlooking the marina by a very helpful hostess and was then handed over to a not quite so helpful waitress. As we entered as a couple the waitress waited until my wife went to the bathroom to ask if we were ready to order. I asked if she could give us a minute until my wife came back but waited about 20 mins before she came back to take our order. Food was terrific but was presented the bill before asking if we would like desert. Overall great food and setting but staff could be better

Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped for lunch. The restaurant was not really any different than you average "resort" type of place, a little overpriced but has a nice outdoor marina view. The spinach salad was great and also the conch dinner. If you like average "resort" dining the place is great. We live on a resort island so it wasn't different than eating at home. Over the bathroom entrance was actually a sign for our town in SC!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was our second visit here and it did not disappoint. The calamari is absolutely wonderful. The hog fish was also fantastic. The atmosphere was friendly and pleasant. Dining area is open and breezy. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stopped in for a late night bite and asked for a mango frozen margarita , conch chowder and crab cakes. The conch chowder was one of the most boring conch chowders I have had in Florida.. The mango margarita was good but tasted a bit odd. The crab cakes were very good but there was a small pile of lettuce with carrots next to the crab cakes. What disappointed me was the lettuce tasted like BAGGED lettuce right out of the bag. YUCK. That is a really little thing but it really turned me off . Why can't a restaurant use fresh produce, freshly washed ?
I would try it again however. The atmophere was VERY NICE and the wait staff was very attentive and very friendly

1  Thank LucyLou128
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We ate here three times on a recent vacation. This waterfront restaurant had really superb beer-steamed shrimp and fried plantains. We also had a good oyster poboy. The stone crab claws were good, but somewhat small portion for the price. My husband said the fried shrimp were just okay. Service was fast and friendly. The ambience is nice and I highly recommend those beer-steamed shrimp as among the best I've ever had. Ask for butter and lemon with them. You won't be sorry.