“Great food if you want to eat in half hour and go”

Island Fish Company
Ranked #23 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were recommended this place and the location is great on the waters edge in Marathon just on the right of the US1. It is a nice menu reasonably priced and the food is good too. My only criticism with the place is it is all too fast. Eating our starters and the mains are delivered. Then last mouthful and do you want coffee or dessert and then the bill lands on the table. it was not as if it was packed and they had people waiting so I think they need to slow it down a bit so people can enjoy their restaurant and surroundings. The food is nice you just don't get time to enjoy it. I compare it to a Nandos in the UK but in a nice setting!

There are newer reviews for Island Fish Company

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Lots of people like this place judging by the filled parking lot at all time of day. The menu is huge with something for everyone, emphasis on Florida fish of course. Do try the oysters; we had them three different ways and would go back just for those.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Good food, good service, wonderful location. This was one of our first dinners in Marathon and we were really satisfied.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

There are always two things I look for in a Nice restaurant...Great Food & Awesome Service. The Island Fish Company provides a Very Nice meal of Conch Fritters, Smoked Fish Dip, & a Fried Grouper Sandwich. All of the above was really good and tasty. The service however was not and I don't mean our Waitress, she was very pleasant and attentive to our needs. She could have been better.

Our Real problem was with the Group of people at the hostess station...the first point of connect with the restaurant and its atmosphere and professionalism. We were not greeted promptly because the hostess was busy talking to the Group, namely Jason a Male Server who wanted to let us know he need to be off work at 6PM, and if he didn't want us to know this he should have talked in the kitchen / away from guests. I don't like to hear about employee problems when I'm about to eat a meal and pay for Professional service.

On the way out we were greeted to a server Hushing the other employees, again talking about work. My wife jokingly told them not to stop talking on out account. Just plain unprofessional. I will not pay my hard earned money at the establishment again. Sorry...Food Great, But Service Sucked.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

It had a great view on the west side. There was a private party hosted on the cool sandy bar next to the dock so unfortunately we couldn't sit out there. Otherwise it looked like a great place to hang out by the water. And the key lime colada was incredible!! I highly recommend trying that. Had conch fritters which were pretty tasty too.