“Why bother..they sure don't” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Fish Company

Island Fish Company
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carrollton
“Why bother..they sure don't”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I hate to give anyone a bad review but this one is out of my control. The parking lot was packed when we arrived, I was sure this was going to be a great place to spend our last evening in the Keys. Boy was I wrong!! Our waiter would rather have been anywhere in the world than waiting tables. He came to our table to take our order and drop the bill. Didn't ask if we needed anything, no refills on drinks, nothing.. My husband got up and got his own ketchup..Some other person brought our food. We ordered the "lobster" egg roll.. I didn't see any lobster but it tasted ok though. I ordered very bland, soggy shrimp.. My husband had oysters..he said they were ok, just very tiny. It had been raining all day so they had the tarp walls down on the patio where we were sitting but proceeded to open them without asking anyone who was seated out there. It was cold and the water stunk, I suppose they had to accommodate all the smokers though. I was freezing and nauseated and we couldn't get out the door fast enough. I hate we wasted our last night in the Keys on this place.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JulesinGa

• Polish first
Savannah, Georgia
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went there on a suggestion from the Holiday Inn Express across the street. I had the stuffed shrimp with mango crab meat and it was delicious. My son had the fried grouper and it as also good. I wish our waitress had brought the steamed oysters we ordered but she never did. Service was fair, and cocktails were great. Nice view at sunset on the back dock. I hear they have breakfast also.

1 Thank weeniedoglover
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Great casual waterfront dining - good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Island Fish is a great place! They are always busy, and don't take reservations, but worth the 10 minute wait. You can sit outside on the deck, or inside - but all tables have a great view of the docks, water and sunset! Fun bar scene, yet great restaurant for kids! Kids can walk around on the docks, look at the fish and the pelicans. The food is good - nothing spectacular but we all liked our food. Service was friendly and fast. The fish tacos were amazing, and they have fun tropical drinks! Perfect restaurant for a "Key's vibe!" Good stuff!

Gwynn, Virginia
“good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

great food, great atmosphere, lots to see and entertain kids while adults are talking over drinks. had stone crabs, shrimp scampi all good!

Visited April 2013
Lexington, KY
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stopped by on the way back from the Keys... Great view of the inlet and a nice dock for boats to tie up. Open air restaurant with perfect setting.

Food was great... calamari was prepared as a salad, but it was good. Nachos were great, kids pasta and quesadilla was very good also. Prices are reasonable. Very large menu with just about anything. Large bar area with good drinks.

Service was good, but the view is top notch.